Buffalo Bills Schedule Leaks

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

7-9 8-8. I really believe this team cannot afford a poor start and needs to stay ahead in the W column. Part of the reason they made the playoffs in 2017 is they got a nice cushion they needed so if they had some bad games they were not sub .500. With the way things are trending I think they will be chasing all season to get to .500 and maybe even out at the end. We will be "in the hunt" lol

I wont fight you on any of that. I really hesitate to say anything record wise because it all comes down to Allen. If he stays healthy and makes a jump commiserate with his progression late last year, it's not crazy for me to see us as an 11 win team. The flip side is, I can see us being a 5 win team if he struggles or is hurt. So i'm mostly a shrug and let it happen right now. 

2 minutes ago, corta765 said:

7-9 8-8. I really believe this team cannot afford a poor start and needs to stay ahead in the W column. Part of the reason they made the playoffs in 2017 is they got a nice cushion they needed so if they had some bad games they were not sub .500. With the way things are trending I think they will be chasing all season to get to .500 and maybe even out at the end. We will be "in the hunt" lol

If you think we end up 7-9 or 8-8, and also foresee us losing to the Giants and Jets, I honestly walk away thinking you just don't follow the rest of the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

You're talking to the people who can make a big deal out of literally anything. We have no lives. That's why we're here. Coincidentally, you're here too. ;)

Also, I didn't care about this at all till I saw the high probability of the Thanksgiving game. I have wanted that forever. So I'm sure it wont happen. 

You're right. I would love to know the schedule early, but I'm not willing to do any of the leg work myself. That's why this place is so great. We can sit back and refresh the page while pretending to work at our jobs, and let the Twitter pirates connect all the dots for us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

I wont fight you on any of that. I really hesitate to say anything record wise because it all comes down to Allen. If he stays healthy and makes a jump commiserate with his progression late last year, it's not crazy for me to see us as an 11 win team. The flip side is, I can see us being a 5 win team if he struggles or is hurt. So i'm mostly a shrug and let it happen right now. 

Oh yea and honestly pre-season things could look amazing, the Jets & Giants are quasi tire fires etc.. and I feel they should go 3-0 to start. I am just a creature of habit and opening at home has always been a preference for me especially given our fanbase. By week 3 the opener just feels far less exciting given your two weeks down. I remember 2012 being so pumped for the season and thinking the Bills were playoff bound and they got blasted by NY week 1. I had tickets for week 2 at the opener and the atmosphere was significantly less electric compared to other openers I have been to.

Just now, MJS said:

You're right. I would love to know the schedule early, but I'm not willing to do any of the leg work myself. That's why this place is so great. We can sit back and refresh the page while pretending to work at our jobs, and let the Twitter pirates connect all the dots for us.

Meanwhile, I just recreated Buscaglia's spreadsheet so I could make my own projections... In my defense, I'm a mega-nerd for excel. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

Meanwhile, I just recreated Buscaglia's spreadsheet so I could make my own projections... In my defense, I'm a mega-nerd for excel. 

It's a slippery slope. Be careful. I recently made an Excel model for ranking ginger beer.

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

If you think we end up 7-9 or 8-8, and also foresee us losing to the Giants and Jets, I honestly walk away thinking you just don't follow the rest of the NFL. 

Good teams lose to bad teams all the time. I think the Bills are even with NYJ and split that series. The Giants are coming home after probably losing in Dallas and will be motivated to give themselves a shot. That game is by no means easy or a cakewalk and it will be a challenge as any road game is.

Just now, corta765 said:

Oh yea and honestly pre-season things could look amazing, the Jets & Giants are quasi tire fires etc.. and I feel they should go 3-0 to start. I am just a creature of habit and opening at home has always been a preference for me especially given our fanbase. By week 3 the opener just feels far less exciting given your two weeks down. I remember 2012 being so pumped for the season and thinking the Bills were playoff bound and they got blasted by NY week 1. I had tickets for week 2 at the opener and the atmosphere was significantly less electric compared to other openers I have been to.

I hear you. I want to go chips all in since this administration has been different in every way, but I have been burned far too many times. I will be cautiously optimistic. If things were going to go bad, I still might expect us to win at least two of those three. The jets are going to be a mess from day one. I don't know who was in charge of remaking that team this year, but Gase and Williams has to be the worst possible pairing. 

28 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

IF true,  there is a very good chance we start 3-0 heading into week 4 against NE.   

At Jets week 1 is going to be a tough game. More than likely the Bills will be underdogs heading into that one.

But should beat Giants and Cinci

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure I'd say the Jets are a tire fire.

Very similar team to us. 

You read that wrong, I said if they turn into one. They are basically a duplicate of the bills with just different roster strengths.

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

At Jets week 1 is going to be a tough game. More than likely the Bills will be underdogs heading into that one.

But should beat Giants and Cinci

Agreed... I see them as fairly closely matched.  I say 50-50 against Jets, better chance for W against Giants and Bengals. 

1 minute ago, dezertbill said:

That is rumored not confirmed. The Phins are on the road the week before the thanksgiving game and historically you have to be home if you go to Dallas for thanksgiving. Jeremy White researched this today going back to 2002 and literally every road opponent was home the prior week to Thanksgiving Dallas game.

2 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

That's sourced from a report in February. Based on the other Dolphins leaks today I think it is false. Without pulling it up I think it gives them 4 road games in a row if they are in Dallas on Thanksgiving