Bills 2019 NFL Draft: Buffalo Bills are taking D.K. Metcalf, says SI’s Gary Gramling

HOUSE

3 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

I won’t lie. The idea of a dominating WR on our team is very appealing. Is it DK though?  I just am not sure. 

Why do do you feel DK is better than Hakeem Butler?  Wasn’t Butler just as imposing as a WR?  I feel like Butler is the least talked about WR stud in this class. Seems like N’Keal Harry gets more hype than Butler. But Harry struggles with separation which will only make it harder in the NFL I feel. But what part of DK’s game do you believe separates him from Butler. You don’t have to convince me how he might be better than Harry. I’m already sold on him over Harry. 

I love N'Keal Harry actually.  Cant get separation is another farce on him.  People said he would run in the 4.7s at the combine then blew that way with a 4.53 which is faster than several top WR's in the NFL.  

Harry gets a bad rap because he had a noodle arm QB always under throwing him, but he still made the catches.  

Butler is a guy I like but have concerns on.  His highlight tape looks great, but of all the WR's at top of the draft he is the one whose hands I think are the most questionable.  

For me, I am all for going DL, OL, or Hock at 9 then trading up and getting Harry.  I have DK and Harry as my 1a and 1b WR targets.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I love N'Keal Harry actually.  Cant get separation is another farce on him.  People said he would run in the 4.7s at the combine then blew that way with a 4.53 which is faster than several top WR's in the NFL.  

Harry gets a bad rap because he had a noodle arm QB always under throwing him, but he still made the catches.  

Butler is a guy I like but have concerns on.  His highlight tape looks great, but of all the WR's at top of the draft he is the one whose hands I think are the most questionable.  

For me, I am all for going DL, OL, or Hock at 9 then trading up and getting Harry.  I have DK and Harry as my 1a and 1b WR targets.

I feel DL, OL, or Hock in the 1st is the smart move cause that’s the top tier talent. So ideally we get the best of the top tier. 

Also I think Deebo Samuel is amaze balls and that’s who I’m crossing my fingers for. I fee he can play the outside as well as the slot. AJ Brown I think can play outside too. Quite frankly there are about 5-6 WR’s I wouldn’t mind so long as we grab them at the right spot. That being late 1st or anywhere in round 2. At the top of round 1 though I think it’s got to be big men on the line. DL specifically  if the value is right.  I am hoping 2 QB’s come off the board before our pick. Not likely but I’m hoping. 

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just learned about his background and personality and everything and.... gonna be tough for the Bills to turn that down. Not often you find that type of team-oriented WR. 

Agreed.  Still reminds me a little too much of Greg Little.  But he does seem like a guy they would love to have in the locker room.

I don’t advocate for drafting DK at 9. 

I’m not convinced how he will turn out. 

But you gotta think...if McBeane and squad have their pick of the litter at WR in this draft...and picking one at 9 is likely going to be the ‘best WR in the draft’ (in the minds of McBeane).....then I say go for it. 

I don’t see a consensus #1 WR in this draft. And there certainly doesn’t appear to be a Megatron or Julio type talent. 

Sammy Watkins was also the consensus #1 WR in the draft once, too. 

Thursday please. 

13 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

I feel DL, OL, or Hock in the 1st is the smart move cause that’s the top tier talent. So ideally we get the best of the top tier. 

Also I think Deebo Samuel is amaze balls and that’s who I’m crossing my fingers for. I fee he can play the outside as well as the slot. AJ Brown I think can play outside too. Quite frankly there are about 5-6 WR’s I wouldn’t mind so long as we grab them at the right spot. That being late 1st or anywhere in round 2. At the top of round 1 though I think it’s got to be big men on the line. DL specifically  if the value is right.  I am hoping 2 QB’s come off the board before our pick. Not likely but I’m hoping. 

I do also like Deebo, he's my #3 guy (that I want) behind DK and Harry at this stage.  There are also some guys I really like later in the draft too like Stanley Morgan Jr and Terry McLaurin. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I do also like Deebo, he's my #3 guy (that I want) behind DK and Harry at this stage.  There are also some guys I really like later in the draft too like Stanley Morgan Jr and Terry McLaurin. 

McLaurin I see as a strong option if they don’t go WR early. Cause he for sure contributes on special teams. Plus he’s a deep threat. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Fred Slacks said:

McLaurin I see as a strong option if they don’t go WR early. Cause he for sure contributes on special teams. Plus he’s a deep threat. 

He’s a McD DNA guy for sure. I don’t think he has #1 WR potential (no elite traits, though he’s very fast) but he’s for sure a ST demon who is a solid all around WR too. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He wasn’t a bust at all. He was a really good player.  Didn’t work out with the Bills but there is some kind of revisionist history that he was some kind of terrible pick. He wasn’t. It was the circumstances around the trade, Odell being there, etc that fuel the  poor memory. 

Sammy? Disagree there.

If he'd been picked at, say, #20, yeah, maybe you wouldn't call him a bust. But even at our original pick of #9 he'd have been a real disappointment. 

But for a guy picked at #4? Having his best season be 1047 yards, his second-best season be 982 yards, and his next-best be 593 yards?  28 TDs over 5 years? Yeah, you can legitimately argue that's a bust. Even ignoring the [absolutely awful] tradeup, a guy picked at #4 should produce better than that. In his best year he was 22nd in yards and 49th in receptions? No, he's certainly not a Jamarcus Russell-size bust, but yeah that's a bust.

Edited by Thurman#1

Metcalf is as agile as a 300 lb lineman. His 3 cone and shuttle times were incredibly awful, bottom 5 percentile of wrs. There were literally 300+ lb linemen more agile than him. Not to mention he is not great at catching the ball. He is a blazing fast workout warrior. Meager production in college, AJ Brown outproduced him by a huge margin. I hope the Bills stay away.

9 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Chris Isaak = JM57
Woman in the video = TJ Hockenson

Your schtick is bad and you should feel bad. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He wasn’t a bust at all. He was a really good player.  Didn’t work out with the Bills but there is some kind of revisionist history that he was some kind of terrible pick. He wasn’t. It was the circumstances around the trade, Odell being there, etc that fuel the  poor memory. 

Injuries too. Fact is like all of the Whaley wide receivers were good. Just needed a QB to get them the ball...

• Like (+1) 1