Bills 2019 NFL Draft: Buffalo Bills are taking D.K. Metcalf, says SI’s Gary Gramling

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

That's the biggest strike I see against the Bills taking Metcalf at #9.    They can't wait for him to become a NFL WR.   They need instant production and an immediate difference maker, as the pressure to make the playoffs will be intense.    

If it's not DL (or a trade down if the guy they want at nine is gone), I'll eat my hat...

He can be an instant producer and difference maker just by running fly/slant routes.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah Edmunds has a higher floor as an off-ball LB..........but that's also a lower tier positional value.

At his most valuable position IMO........a pass rushing edge prospect........he was a lot more like Allen and DK......a projection.(I still think he ends up outside eventually)

It won't surprise me at all if Edmunds ends up playing the LorAx role starting in 2020.

He's built perfectly for it, and he's a far superior athlete to LorAx.

That's why I'd be looking at an off-ball 'backer like Okereke in the mid rounds, but I have a feeling that he'll be over-drafted since off-ball LB is arguably the weakest position in the class (safety could contend as well though).

52 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The top 8 "locks" for me are:

Murray

Bosa

Williams

White

Allen

Taylor

The other two spots are harder to predict.

I was watching a program with Aaron Taylor and Randy Cross and they rated Jawaan Taylor a "BLAH" Cross said he was too high in his stance and that he may have to move inside

14 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Metcalf is built like a muscle monster and should have dominated college. He does not run good routes and will be another Kelvin Benjamin. No way they are taking that.

Benjamin is lazy. Metcalf is the polar opposite. If he busts it won't have anything to do with his drive.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

DK is on first take right ones. Sigh

Sigh.

He's so terrible yet scouts seem to love him.

Crazy.

6 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Thank you. Watching now

Gonna watch when I get a chance!

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thanks dude!

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Kelvin Benjamin looked the part of the Pillsbury Doughboy...

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

DK cannot play just cause you look the part doesn't mean you produce,

Kelvin Benjamin, James Hardy?????? 

Kb looked like the stay puft marshmallow man from day 1

PER SI.

That same chiseled body suffered a broken foot and a fractured neck in three years of college. And at his record-setting combine, Metcalf's change-of-direction times were slower than what Tom Brady clocked coming out of Michigan in 2000, leading teams to worry that his frame won't allow him to run more than three or four routes. Metcalf looks up to and models his game after Julio Jones and Calvin Johnson. But his agility scores are more similar to Jon Baldwin, a big-bodied first-round pick who barely lasted three years in the league.

Where though?  9?  Probably not.  I can see them trading back and taking him.  But I don't see them taking him at 9 and I want Metcalf on the Bills.  To me trade with the Giants for 17 if possible.  Gain draft capital.  Draft Metcalf at 17.  Trade extra draft capital to Ravens or Seahawks for pick 21 or 22.  Take Tillery or Brian Burns there.  Fill out the rest of the roster with the remaining picks.

16 minutes ago, LittleSammy said:

Metcalf is John Murphy's pick at #9. That alone scares me about selecting Metcalf. 

I by no means believe that DK will be the BPA(pos value + talent v risk) on the board at #9.

But job #1 of any NFL coaching staff is to maximize QB performance.

As fans we like to patch holes on paper...........we crave balance.........but balance is a very temporary state for NFL rosters.........the best investments are made in your QB.

Personally wish we could get Julio Jones for that pick and take 3 years of superstar play to build up my young QB over the high ceiling/low floor DK but I wouldn't hate them for the pick because being all-in on Josh Allen is critical IMO.

It's a complicated mixture of developing him and simultaneously recruiting him to stay if he does.......and short staffing him offensively when teams in similar positions like the Rams and Eagles and Bears have gone to great lengths to successfully prop up young QB's is a risk not worth making over a first round pick.     If they believe DK is worth it then that's the play.

It is funny how some drafts work though...........if this were the 2014 draft DK might go in round 3 or 4...........like a Martavis Bryant(who as it turns out was really good and probably would have been a star without the suspension issues).

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

PER SI.

That same chiseled body suffered a broken foot and a fractured neck in three years of college. And at his record-setting combine, Metcalf's change-of-direction times were slower than what Tom Brady clocked coming out of Michigan in 2000, leading teams to worry that his frame won't allow him to run more than three or four routes. Metcalf looks up to and models his game after Julio Jones and Calvin Johnson. But his agility scores are more similar to Jon Baldwin, a big-bodied first-round pick who barely lasted three years in the league.

Pretty silly to mention Jones and Johnson then move to Baldwin.  Here's why.  Neither Jones or Johnson tested in agility drills at all.  We know why.  Jones and Johnson's agility scores are probably in the same league with Baldwin's.  The difference is talent.  Johnson and Jones have the things that cannot be coached.  In any case, 8 days.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I by no means believe that DK will be the BPA(pos value + talent v risk) on the board at #9.

But job #1 of any NFL coaching staff is to maximize QB performance.

As fans we like to patch holes on paper...........we crave balance.........but balance is a very temporary state for NFL rosters.........the best investments are made in your QB.

Personally wish we could get Julio Jones for that pick and take 3 years of superstar play to build up my young QB over the high ceiling/low floor DK but I wouldn't hate them for the pick because being all-in on Josh Allen is critical IMO.

It's a complicated mixture of developing him and simultaneously recruiting him to stay if he does.......and short staffing him offensively when teams in similar positions like the Rams and Eagles and Bears have gone to great lengths to successfully prop up young QB's is a risk not worth making over a first round pick.     If they believe DK is worth it then that's the play.

It is funny how some drafts work though...........if this were the 2014 draft DK might go in round 3 or 4...........like a Martavis Bryant(who as it turns out was really good and probably would have been a star without the suspension issues).

Agree. I think BPA at 9 will be DL; however, it would not surprise me in the least to see Metcalf or Hockenson as the pick. 

• Like (+1) 1