Bills 2019 NFL Draft: Buffalo Bills are taking D.K. Metcalf, says SI’s Gary Gramling

22 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

The Browns was in love with Denzel Ward last year... he was projected a late 1st & early 2nd... the Browns took him 4th overall.  But he's good... now nobody cares where he was took.

Ward was a definite 1st rounder. He was in most people's 2nd batch of players (after the QBs and Chubb, Nelson, Barkley) and the consensus was he was in play anywhere from #8 with Chicago through to about #20 and Dallas. That said he did go earlier than people expected at #4.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Meh, whatever. I'm hoping for Oliver or somehow Devin White falls into our lap. Whoever we take though, as long as it's not a Whitner over Ngata or Maybin over Orakpo scenario, I'm good. Stevie Wonder could see the Bills made mistakes with those two. 

Edit: The only person I would be maf about if we picked would be Rashan Gary. He's an underachieving workout warrior whom I think will be a bust in the NFL just like he was as a 5 Star recruit going into college. 

Oliver

Dk

Hock

That's my 3

I'm happy with any of them and I'm sure one or all will be available at 9 to choose from

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

i don't get how anyone can think he has even half the talent obj has.

a big no for me.    why don't we trade next year's first and move up to make sure we get him?

i can see brandon fist pumping all over again....

You don't get it

I don't get why some people fall in love with other prospects I think suck

We aren't NFL scouts, we don't do this for a living, we just do it for fun

Armchair GM's love to point out when they were right on a pick being a boom or a bust

They also don't point out when they were incorrect on 15 other picks/free agents

I'm guilty of it, we all are

Real GM's and scouts don't have the luxury of hiding when they were incorrect

The fact remains that even the best GMs are incorrect most of the time

If they were always right then the top 10-15 players in every draft would go #1-15.

Instead we have guys like Wilson dropping to the third, taken after guys like tj Graham, or teams trading down and passing on mahomes (I was high on him, but I also thought locker was going to be much better)

Many scouts love dk many think he's not worth a top pick, but almost every one I've seen has him in the top 3 if the wr class, just depends how high they value the wr class as a whole

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, End The Drought said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that I trust this front office and the scouting department enough that I don’t care who they draft. Trust the process 

And here’s the funny thing: whether you trust them or not there’s not a damn thing you can do about it so sit back and enjoy the ride!

• Like (+1) 2

Zero chance Beane takes Metcalf.

If you know the NFL and you follow the Bills you know we have 4 WR that have proven they can get separation and catch the ball.  Foster and Beasley will be a top tandem this year.  Nobody can cover those two guys.

What we don't have is TE, Edge, IDL, LB depth etc.   I think we will go big men in 1st and 2nd.   My guess is D first if Oliver is there, then Risner in the 2nd, otherwise Jawaan OT then Tillery in the 2nd.   

We arent getting suckered into an injury prone, steroid guy like Metcalf to be our WR5

• Like (+1) 1

A lot of the same people that KNEW josh Allen was the wrong pick will be popping up to say they KNOW this one won’t work out either. 

I always chuckle when people act like they “know” how a player is gonna turn out. IMO anyone with a level head can see that if the draft has taught us all one thing it’s that having strong opinions on players is usually a silly approach. 

FTR there are a couple others I would much rather have there, but i’d be fine with metcalf. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Smokescreen doubt he is selected by the Bills at 9.

What are they smokescreening?

I don't think anybody is trading up to take anybody other than a QB

Although when it comes to the draft there's always some ridiculously outlandish draft day move-up that makes people scratch their heads

7 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Zero chance Beane takes Metcalf.

If you know the NFL and you follow the Bills you know we have 4 WR that have proven they can get separation and catch the ball.  Foster and Beasley will be a top tandem this year.  Nobody can cover those two guys.

What we don't have is TE, Edge, IDL, LB depth etc.   I think we will go big men in 1st and 2nd.   My guess is D first if Oliver is there, then Risner in the 2nd, otherwise Jawaan OT then Tillery in the 2nd.   

We arent getting suckered into an injury prone, steroid guy like Metcalf to be our WR5

Zero chance huh?

That's a pretty obtuse and ignorant statement.

Foster, while promising, hasn't proven himself.

He has just as much garbage games as good ones.

Beasley is a b+ slot guy, great pickup, but not a OMG BEST WR EVER

Brown has been inconsistent at best in his career.

Zay Jones is wildly inconsistent.

Nobody can cover our guys?

This is one of the most honer-filled posts I've seen here in a long time.

Put down the koolaid bro.

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

A lot of the same people that KNEW josh Allen was the wrong pick will be popping up to say they KNOW this one won’t work out either. 

I always chuckle when people act like they “know” how a player is gonna turn out. IMO anyone with a level head can see that if the draft has taught us all one thing it’s that having strong opinions on players is usually a silly approach. 

This.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Zero chance huh?

That's a pretty obtuse and ignorant statement.

Foster, while promising, hasn't proven himself.

He has just as much garbage games as good ones.

Beasley is a b+ slot guy, great pickup, but not a OMG BEST WR EVER

Brown has been inconsistent at best in his career.

Zay Jones is wildly inconsistent.

Nobody can cover our guys?

This is one of the most honer-filled posts I've seen here in a long time.

Put down the koolaid bro.

This.

Anyone who thinks DK absolutely CAN’T be the guy at 9 because Robert Foster and Cole Beasley, isn’t worth arguing with.  The fact that those guys are among our top receivers (and I do like Foster, BTW) is why Metcalf has to be in play at 9.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

I am not super high on Metcalf, but I have been believing he's the plan since we signed 2 pygmy WRs.

Given Beanes propensity for physical prototypes, I can't imagine he would ignore it at WR.

I believe he never would have signed Brown and Beasley unless he had a plan for somebody 12ft tall that runs 4 seconds flat.