Bills 2019 NFL Draft: Buffalo Bills are taking D.K. Metcalf, says SI’s Gary Gramling

(AP Photo/Thomas Graning)

AP

By Ryan Talbot | rtalbot@nyup.com

Draft season never disappoints when it comes to trying to figure out which prospect is most coveted by NFL teams.

When it comes to the Buffalo Bills, a few names have been thrown out ahead of the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL.com’s Daniel Jeremiah recently said that Alabama offensive tackle Jonah Williams was somebody to watch at No. 9. Williams’ name gained steam when draft analyst Tony Pauline said it was a “three-horse race” for the Bills with Williams in contention with Houston defensive tackle Ed Oliver and Washington State offensive tackle Andre Dillard.

While all three players are legitimate options, Sports Illustrated’s Gary Gramling added a fourth name to the mix: Ole Miss WR D.K. Metcalf. In a recent MMQB Podcast, Gramling was doing a mock draft along with Andy Benoit when he made an interesting statement ahead of making his pick for Buffalo.

“We are on to the Buffalo Bills. And I just want to say before we start, the Bills are taking D.K. Metcalf in the real draft. That’s all. That’s all I want to say.”

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/04/2019-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-are-taking-dk-metcalf-says-sis-gary-gramling.html

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

AP

By Ryan Talbot | rtalbot@nyup.com

Draft season never disappoints when it comes to trying to figure out which prospect is most coveted by NFL teams.

When it comes to the Buffalo Bills, a few names have been thrown out ahead of the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL.com’s Daniel Jeremiah recently said that Alabama offensive tackle Jonah Williams was somebody to watch at No. 9. Williams’ name gained steam when draft analyst Tony Pauline said it was a “three-horse race” for the Bills with Williams in contention with Houston defensive tackle Ed Oliver and Washington State offensive tackle Andre Dillard.

While all three players are legitimate options, Sports Illustrated’s Gary Gramling added a fourth name to the mix: Ole Miss WR D.K. Metcalf. In a recent MMQB Podcast, Gramling was doing a mock draft along with Andy Benoit when he made an interesting statement ahead of making his pick for Buffalo.

“We are on to the Buffalo Bills. And I just want to say before we start, the Bills are taking D.K. Metcalf in the real draft. That’s all. That’s all I want to say.”

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/04/2019-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-are-taking-dk-metcalf-says-sis-gary-gramling.html

In process i trust.

• Like (+1) 7

I'm higher on him than most so I'd be fine the pick.  He was on his way to a great season his junior year before getting injured.  Giving Josh Allen an athletic freak that's 6'3 225 lbs. who runs a 4.33 yard 40 seems like a good idea.  He improved his 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle time at his pro day following the combine which everybody was freaking out about.  He could be an absolute Julio Jones type stud for Josh Allen.  Or he could be David Boston.  Let's hope it's the former.

• Like (+1) 4

Meh, whatever. I'm hoping for Oliver or somehow Devin White falls into our lap. Whoever we take though, as long as it's not a Whitner over Ngata or Maybin over Orakpo scenario, I'm good. Stevie Wonder could see the Bills made mistakes with those two. 

Edit: The only person I would be maf about if we picked would be Rashan Gary. He's an underachieving workout warrior whom I think will be a bust in the NFL just like he was as a 5 Star recruit going into college. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I didn't want the Bills to draft Josh Allen and I was so wrong about not wanting him.  I don't want them to draft DK Metcalf, so they'll probably pick him too.  I am trusting Beane on whomever he picks.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It would definitely be a bold stroke of the brush picking Metcalf at 9. His suspect hands and route running plus injury history don't justify the 9 spot. Raw talent, high ceiling no doubt. 

There are too many very good WR prospects to roll the dice on Metcalf at 9.

If a receiver is the priority at 9 then Hockenson should be the pick.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

At #40? Fine. If they make such a huge reach at 9, I'll be very, very upset.

In 2019...there is no such thing as a "Reach" anymore Gregg. If you like a guy at 18...you take him at 9! Trading within the draft isnt guaranteed... sometimes you can't find a trade partner. If you love a guy, you go get your guy... plain & simple. If your guy is good... nobody cares where you took him

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

It would definitely be a bold stroke of the brush picking Metcalf at 9. His suspect hands and route running plus injury history don't justify the 9 spot. Raw talent, high ceiling no doubt. 

There are too many very good WR prospects to roll the dice on Metcalf at 9.

If a receiver is the priority at 9 then Hockenson should be the pick.

But nobody has that high of an upside... except for his counter part...AJ Brown

5 minutes ago, KRT88 said:

Wow, I’ve seen several mocks where DK isn’t even a first round pick. This would be a massive reach in my opinion. No way he’s a top 10 pick. Trade back if this is the guy you want. 

Again...who are you trading with if nobody is trading with you??? If he's your guy ... then what?

The Browns was in love with Denzel Ward last year... he was projected a late 1st & early 2nd... the Browns took him 4th overall.  But he's good... now nobody cares where he was took.