If The Bills Trade Up In The 1st Round, How High Should They Go?

Don't trade the 9th, but come up anywhere after 10th.... Depends on the draft board.  Getting two top 15 picks can help.  The Vikings and traded up and got Xavier Rhodes.  

Multiple 1st round picks can make a team a playoff contender, if they r on the cusp already

• Like (+1) 1

I despise the idea of trading up, especially if you have to give up a day 2 pick, which the Bills would absolutely have to do.

It's a 2nd rounder if they have to get to #4

It's a 3rd rounder & both of our 4th rounders to get to #5

It's a 3rd and 5th rounder to get to #6

It's a 3rd rounder, but we get back a 4th rounder to get to #7

Like I said I hate the idea, but if they do I hope it's no higher than #6, because if it is we are going to be blowing some heavy draft capital for 1 player

keep 9 - draft best defensive player or o lineman on the board

trade whatever is needed to grab either the best TE or WR we have on our board in the late teens/20's

BOOM

or

keep 9 - draft best offensive player on the board (o line, TE or WR)

trade whatever is needed for Frank Clark

BOOM

There are only 2 players in this draft worth trading above # 9.

Bosa - A three man rotation of Bosa, Lawson, and Hughes would be the best DE rotation of the 4-3 era in Buffalo

Allen - probably the best pure pass rusher in the draft.  He and Edmunds would dominate the AFC for the next 7 years. Play him at SLB in the base 4-3 and move him around all over the place in the nickel

For the record I hate trading up, but if Allen made it past #5 I might consider it for a second next year or a 3rd and a fifth this year (points add up).  I think Allen does not make it past Oakland however.

Every other player you can make an argument there is an equally good alternative or the Bills have no need (Murray and White).  Therefore I would sit tight and attempt to trade down and get Hockenson or Fant around 14.  If no trade is available, then take BPA between TE, OT, and DL in that order.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

9th. 

I do do not like trading up in the first for ANYTHING but a QB. 

Now if they trade down no lower than 15-20. I only have 16 first round grades on players 

Any insight into who your 16 players are?

I don’t believe there is much chance we will trade up, and I honestly cant figure out why so many people want us to in the first place.  At 9 we will get a blue chip premium prospect, it’s a total waste of draft capital to move up this year.  

I do think Beane will trade assets to get a player (Clowney/Clark) or trade up from our other picks.  But I have serious doubts we trade up from 9.  Why waste so much draft capital?

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Personally, I wouldn't like them to go any further up than 5th overall.  Your thoughts?

Why would they do this?? I'm confuse buddy... what would be the reason? No defensive player is worth it

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

Why would they do this?? I'm confuse buddy... what would be the reason? No defensive player is worth it

You think no defensive player is worth moving up?  I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.    shrug.gif

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BB2004 said:

Any insight into who your 16 players are?

Sure in my order as well

1. Nick Bosa

2. Josh Allen

3. Ed Oliver

4. Quinnen Williams

5. Jawaan Taylor

6. Montez Sweat

7. Devin White

8. Dwayne Haskins

9. T.J Hockenson

10.  Kyler Murray

11. Rashan Gary