Jags RB TJ Yeldon visits Bills

17 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Would make sense to sign Yeldon, keep Gore and release Shady. Draft another guy somewheres in the draft and we're cooking. Decent backfield with a minimal amount invested. I know I'll catch flak for saying that about Shady but look man it frees up a lot of cap and he's as old as dirt. Leonard Fournette, Yeldon and Gore would be beyond spectacular. 

You do realize that Frank Gore is 5 years OLDER than Shady right? Your calling him older than dirt, by your account Gore is from the Stone Age. Shady only has this year left on his contract, and Gore was signed on a one year deal. Signing Yeldon makes sense, but cutting Shady makes none. Yeldon would probably be a ST's player for the most part, but be in the stable in case one of our aging RB's get hurt. I doubt after this year neither Shady or Gore will be on the roster though.

Edited by BigPappy

17 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

No, but IMO I don't think any RB in this draft is a slam dunk 1st rounder, and I love Sanders. If I was a super needy team and had to reach it'd be for Jacobs followed Sanders and Montgomery.

Jacobs worries me as anything more than a complementary RB because he averaged so few touches per game in college. No idea how he would perform as a feature guy. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jacobs worries me as anything more than a complementary RB because he averaged so few touches per game in college. No idea how he would perform as a feature guy. 

There was the same knock against Kamara coming out... Not to say they are same level, but lack of touches isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

There was the same knock against Kamara coming out... Not to say they are same level, but lack of touches isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

It’s not a bad thing. But Kamara IS a complementary back in the NFL which is what i said i can only project Jacobs as unless he proves otherwise.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Yeah well, Thurman wasn't as good as Barry either but he still ended up in Canton.

Not saying Sanders will end up in the Hall but his skill set dictates he should be a very good RB at the pro level.

They’d need to draft him in the second round then.. which i don’t see them taking a RB day one or two 

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sanders has limited carries but has shown he can do it all. Jacobs has been more of a chess piece than a pure RB. Your concerns are legit. I’d take Sanders over Jacobs all day long. 

4 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Because Yeldon sucks at football... I'd rather have Miles Sanders 

He's a strong close to Barkley & I saw him play too... I'm a PSU fan... I'm 2 hrs away from State College.  

I think we could tell who you root for.  TY is a solid player

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

12 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

You could be spot on. Yeldon is a quality back. Underrated in my opinion...… not great, but would upgrade the position

Yeldon has always been a versatile, strong, talented back. His career didn't take off in the way I expected it to and I think that this was at least partially due to injuries.

I don't know what he has left but imo he is worth a look for the right price.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Toesy said:

Is it my imagination or is Beane way more active than previous GMs at constantly looking for players-it seems like they are always bringing somebody in for a look.

Beane leaves no stone unturned

13 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

The only thing he can do is catch... he’s as 1 dimensional as it gets. Pass on this dude all day long

Dude, you might have more insight or in-depth knowledge on this guy, but why the hate?

OK, we can draft somebody instead of this signing, but it's a crap shoot. Bring him in on a 1 year prove it deal & lets see what happens.

He's only 25 years old, but has NFL experience too. Maybe it would be a good signing?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Dude, you might have more insight or in-depth knowledge on this guy, but why the hate?

OK, we can draft somebody instead of this signing, but it's a crap shoot. Bring him in on a 1 year prove it deal & lets see what happens.

He's only 25 years old, but has NFL experience too. Maybe it would be a good signing?

I just see it as a waste of a roster spot. If we want a pass catching RB, get one who can be a game breaker... if we want a power back, get one who can actually break tackles. If we want an all around RB, there are better options out there. I don’t hate him, I just hate the hype that surrounds mediocre players for who knows what reason. Yeldon is the Chris Kelsey of RBs

You wonder too when a player comes in this late, and then doesn't sign as a result of the visit, is it that they had already visited a couple teams maybe a month ago where there seemed to be mutual interest, so figures go visit another team now to generate fake interest to get the original team(s) to make an offer.  Will be surprised if not signed by someone before the draft, either here in Buffalo or team he visited awhile back.

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

You wonder too when a player comes in this late, and then doesn't sign as a result of the visit, is it that they had already visited a couple teams maybe a month ago where there seemed to be mutual interest, so figures go visit another team now to generate fake interest to get the original team(s) to make an offer.  Will be surprised if not signed by someone before the draft, either here in Buffalo or team he visited awhile back.

I look it as, Buffalo needs youth at RB behind McCoy and Gore.  In the draft they like a few guys.  I dont see them doing anything at running back til rd 3 or day 3.  If their guys are gone so be it.  Yeldon is their insurance policy.  Before the draft I can see it would be hard for a Rb to get close to the money they want when any team is expecting at least a shot at one of the guys they like at a value they covet.