Jags RB TJ Yeldon visits Bills

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

No thanks. Shady is going for 1100 yards with this new line

Just a hunch? Really think the Bills can risk their season on a pipe dream?  No sign of life in him last year, consistently.  Obviously I hope you are right, but nothing to go on here other than his career stats--not 2018.

The Bills cannot take that chance, should not. 

In the Super Bowl years the Bills almost always cut ties with players when they were done--sign of a good team.

7 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Hope this happens--excellent receiver too, and young.

To me, this, inexplicably, has been one of the most important need areas not yet addressed. So, while late in the game, could be a key pick-up.

Shoot, at 25, who knows what this guy could do on a good offense.

I don’t. CJ Spiller has better break tackle ability than this joker. I laughed when he was drafted and new the Jags would be drafting another RB in the near future because he stinks. Yeldon is absolute garbage. So bad.... we all know what this guy could do in a good offense, not read a hole, fall on first contact, and be gone in a year. 

1 hour ago, junior12thman92 said:

Ding ding ding. 

I think the same thing. Yeldon probably wants to test the waters to see which RB-needy teams don't address RB in the draft. That way he knows the what opportunities exist for which teams.

He knows what opportunities exist when teams contact him.  You have it backwards.

9 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

If we have a good/great Oline and a top 12 passing offense, I don't really care who RB 2/3 is. 

I doubt we'll have a top 12 passing offense and right now our top 2 RB's are over 30. I definitely think our 3rd RB could get a lot of snaps. Also, our OL is average. There is not a single probowl caliber player there. Still, that's a big improvement.

Edited by GreggTX

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Agreed. Beane just getting to know him, will tell him that he will give him a call in a few years when he’s a bit more ripe

He needs to play for the Panthers for a couple of years

18 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

I don’t. CJ Spiller has better break tackle ability than this joker. I laughed when he was drafted and new the Jags would be drafting another RB in the near future because he stinks. Yeldon is absolute garbage. So bad.... we all know what this guy could do in a good offense, not read a hole, fall on first contact, and be gone in a year. 

But

But

But

Somebody yelled at me and told me he was the best back in Jax and that fournette sucks

23 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Just a hunch? Really think the Bills can risk their season on a pipe dream?  No sign of life in him last year, consistently.  Obviously I hope you are right, but nothing to go on here other than his career stats--not 2018.

The Bills cannot take that chance, should not. 

In the Super Bowl years the Bills almost always cut ties with players when they were done--sign of a good team.

I have a "hunch" that our OL will be better too. Anything is possible, but it's hard to imagine Shady having a worse year than last in 2019 unless this O is riddled by injuries.

Yeldon  was coached by Kelly Skipper for the majority of his career. I think he is an interesting guy who could thrive in Daboll's offense, as the James White type. I dunno. I'm good with it. He's better than anything in the draft this year not named Jacobs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

You can't convince me this possible move isn't about continuing to improve our special teams.This would be the 5th move Beane has made with having the units in mind.So far..Beane gets a solid A in the category....no more crying about missing Holmes as a gunner...no more worried about guys like Pitts and Lacey attempting to make half hearted tackles.

Yeldon doesnt play special teams

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeldon  was coached by Kelly Skipper for the majority of his career. I think he is an interesting guy who could thrive in Daboll's offense, as the James White type. I dunno. I'm good with it. He's better than anything in the draft this year not named Jacobs. 

Great catch.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I called TJ yesterday when Beane was asked about the RBs being old and will he draft one.

He said he likes a RB still available in FA.

Yeldon catches well out of the backfield. 

If they sign him they can draft a RB high next year.

This is what I was thinking. Do we not only have 1 more year for Shady and Gore is only 1 year. TJ locked in for a few at low money would give them experience on the roster next year with a draft pick in 2020

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

He knows what opportunities exist when teams contact him.  You have it backwards.

Maybe I worded it poorly. What I'm saying is, he's getting his FA visits out of the way and now he has his rankings of where he wants to play.  Teams A, B, and C say they want to sign him if they don't draft a RB. Team B drafts someone, leaving Team A and C. Now he can make his decision because he has all the info he needs.

24 minutes ago, Georgie said:

Yeldon doesnt play special teams

Grant serves as the Jaguars' primary kickoff returner and also has other roles on special teams. Yeldon has never played a special-teams snap in his NFL career. Grant played 156 last season, and he broke a 58-yard run out of punt formation in Jacksonville's victory over the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday

Yeldon

..and hasn't going back to '17.

healthy he is a hell of a versatile back.

hope they can work something out and he doesn't end up with the patsies**?

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I called TJ yesterday when Beane was asked about the RBs being old and will he draft one.

He said he likes a RB still available in FA.

Yeldon catches well out of the backfield. 

If they sign him they can draft a RB high next year.

I read this post three times before I realized you aren't good friends with TJ Yeldon

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1