Jags RB TJ Yeldon visits Bills

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm sure Beane's disappointed that this guy passed away...he would have been a hell of a third down option in this RB room...

Image result for old man in a wheelchair football

Talk about an analytics guy that could also hit the hole at speed!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

commented about TJ yesterday when Beane was asked about the RBs being old and will he draft one.

He said he likes a RB still available in FA.

Yeldon catches well out of the backfield. 

If they sign him they can draft a RB high next year.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 2

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Yeldon could have a huge year in a good offense, behind a good offensive line.  This would be a great get and would even further are ability to go BPA in the draft.

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Interesting. This regime really doesn't like to draft RBs.

It’s by far the easiest position to draft. What they are doing with the backfield is a real feat. I think they have a chance at being the highest paid and the oldest. Money doesn’t matter much now but it will when you’re paying Allen, Tre, etc.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I called TJ yesterday when Beane was asked about the RBs being old and will he draft one.

He said he likes a RB still available in FA.

Yeldon catches well out of the backfield. 

If they sign him they can draft a RB high next year.

What’s his phone number?

• Haha (+1) 3

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, CommonCents said:

It’s by far the easiest position to draft. What they are doing with the backfield is a real feat. I think they have a chance at being the highest paid and the oldest. Money doesn’t matter much now but it will when you’re paying Allen, Tre, etc.

Yea, why go after a 25 year old dual threat back who has had a success in the league and still has potential to be better.  IMO Yeldon is the type of back that could go from a bad offense with a bad QB like Jacksonville, to a team with good offense and QB and have a huge jump statistically.  If we get Yeldon and Allen takes a leap, I could see Yeldon having a great year, especially if McCoy really is more done than we think.  Also if we land Yeldon, it would allow us to still draft a RB but not have to make it a priority.  We can wait for one to come to us in the draft at the right time and not have to overdraft one.  If we don't have one fall to us at the right time, no big deal.  We fill other holes/add depth this draft and are very well situated to draft a RB in 2020.  I can't see why anyone would want to turn the Bills looking at Yeldon into a negative.

This doesn't surprise me.........Beane quickly jumped the conversation to "available FA RB's" when asked about drafting a RB in his PC the other day.     Like "we really hope to not draft a RB from this class" fast.    RB's are still pretty easy to find but this class is not a good one at all.   

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO!...he'd need a chaperone and a 10PM bed check in our backfield...........

He’s in that scary in between zone, old enough to buy beer (unlike Edmunds), but not yet sure of how to go about it right. Keep an eye on guys like that, for sure. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Would make sense to sign Yeldon, keep Gore and release Shady. Draft another guy somewheres in the draft and we're cooking. Decent backfield with a minimal amount invested. I know I'll catch flak for saying that about Shady but look man it frees up a lot of cap and he's as old as dirt. Leonard Fournette, Yeldon and Gore would be beyond spectacular. 

6 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Yea, why go after a 25 year old dual threat back who has had a success in the league and still has potential to be better.  IMO Yeldon is the type of back that could go from a bad offense with a bad QB like Jacksonville, to a team with good offense and QB and have a huge jump statistically.  If we get Yeldon and Allen takes a leap, I could see Yeldon having a great year, especially if McCoy really is more done than we think.  Also if we land Yeldon, it would allow us to still draft a RB but not have to make it a priority.  We can wait for one to come to us in the draft at the right time and not have to overdraft one.  If we don't have one fall to us at the right time, no big deal.  We fill other holes/add depth this draft and are very well situated to draft a RB in 2020.  I can't see why anyone would want to turn the Bills looking at Yeldon into a negative.

Yeldon is Terrible! Has been terrible even in college! The guy is not good at anything! Just say NO! NO NO NO! He should have been an undrafted free agent, and cut before his first season

• Sad 1