What do you want your team to be good at?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I like defense AND offense, so I guess I'd have to go with 15th offense and 15th defense. But I don't think that's good enough.

As far as passing vs rushing, I don't care much, but again, balance would be nice.

16 hours ago, BuffalothruMyVeins said:

If you could build a team based on end-of-year rankings of both offense (rushing and passing) and defense (rushing and passing), what would your preferred team be the best at?

Hypothetically, you were allocated 35 "points" for each side of the ball, each point is a league ranking, and they all had to be used. For example:

OFFENSE:

Passing: 5th

Rushing: 30th

5+30=35 points. Same goes for defense. How do you want your team to look? I think all of us want a stronger passing game than a rushing game, but are you okay with giving yourself one of the worst rushing games in the league? 

On defense, do you stop the other team's passing game totally, but get run on all day? How does game situations effect this? If you're getting run on all of the time, they will control time of possession and have your offense less effective.

Personally, I would go something like:

Offense:

Passing- 8th

Rushing- 27th

Defense:

Passing- 12th

Rushing- 23rd

The offense is still able to move the ball well through the air and can convert 3rd downs on short yardage situations on the ground, and can slow down the other team's passing game well enough to keep the game from becoming a track meet. I would hope to be able to stop the run better, but they still can slow the other team down well enough.

Passing & stopping the pass.

All these years losing to NE it is always the same story-they have a stronger QB and a stronger OL (and TE)-even if the Bills are better or as good everywhere else we lose. So yeah QB, OL and TE-areas we haven't had for decades.