Daniel Jeremiah mock #3 (Hockenson to Bills)

DJB

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not answering for Bandit but my two cents - yes, 3 tech but he can be moved around 

That's how I would see it.  Not impressed with his tape at end.

I would trust them if they made the pick, but it's a complete projection.  

On 4/16/2019 at 12:26 PM, thebandit27 said:

He better catch 70+ passes for 1,000+ yards if they pick him in the top 10

I agree. I am NOT a fan of taking a TE until 3rd or 4th Round based on how long they develop and how history has demonstrated their contributions. If you're anyone in the 1st round, they need to be a first year significant contributor in some measurable capacity. Only one TE in the last 20 years has shown to be worth the 1st round status: Tony Gonzalez. Gronk was a 2nd rounder and he's shown he's worth it, but that's where it stops for me. I'd rather take a OT / DL in top 10 this year or trade back for a LB and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick. 

I also one who thinks while the Bills did really well in FA with Offense, they have real holes on Defense and need good depth, which is where the strengths lie in this Draft, again IMO. To that end, I'd like the majority of the 1st through 4th round picks to be on Defense with a WR / RB thrown in the mix. 

Yes you guys. I truly believe that Edmunds would flourish on the outside. White would be in the middle and sideline to sideline. If White is there, I would not pass him up. In late round one or round two, several DT's should be available. Then we have the potential Frank Clark acquisition. I will believe that when I see it. How well does Daniel Jeremiah know the Bills? We need impact defensive players. We are not scaring or stopping anyone. The verdict is out...

Murphy, Lorax and Lawson are not good enough...

4 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Yes you guys. I truly believe that Edmunds would flourish on the outside. White would be in the middle and sideline to sideline. If White is there, I would not pass him up. In late round one or round two, several DT's should be available. Then we have the potential Frank Clark acquisition. I will believe that when I see it. How well does Daniel Jeremiah know the Bills? We need impact defensive players. We are not scaring or stopping anyone. The verdict is out...

Murphy, Lorax and Lawson are not good enough...

Someone found the font size button.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I tend to disagree with the bolded.

When you have a really good receiving TE, he helps out the younger QBs immensely in that when the OC puts the TE in certain formations the defense has to reveal itself. To man or zone coverage and if the safety is here or there it will tell the QB which kind of man or which kind of zone so now the QB knows the defensive coverage before the ball is snapped. 

A good TE that can win outside as a receiver has become a very valuable chess piece in the better offenses as you can move him around the formation to get the look you want. Then if the Bills go two tight ends that can give a run look to the offense because this makes the defense gear up to stop the run. That receiving TE slips a block and he is open.

If I'm not mistaken Bills OC Brian Daboll was the Patriots TE coach for a number of years and he should be pounding the table for TJ Hockenson as this kid doesn't need much development and should make an instant impact and be an instant starter. TJ might be getting a lot of hype from the media...because he deserves it

The positional value hasn't been great in Buffalo over the years because they haven't had top NFL offensive coordinators who would even know how build a top passing scheme or to utilize a top tight end. The list of bums and nobody's in that offensive coordinator position in Buffalo has been astoundingly bad going back to after 2003 with Kevin Gilbride. Greg Roman, Anthony Lynn aside but those gentlemen were more suited to building a power run game. 

I just mean on the totem pole positional value goes like this

QB

MLB

DE

CB

LT

C

DT

WR

TE/S

G/RB

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I think there's a real chance that the Bills take Rashan Gary

I think so too if he's there. A high ceiling, still raw player who breaks every measurable

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty

We do not need a tight end right now with our first pick. Let us rebuild our defense first to stop people, and let Josh develop some more this year. Next year we will be better suited to engage in shoot outs. All of this talk about Hock and Metcalf...I think it is a wonderful dream like scenario...just not realistic. Who is going to stop teams from marching down the field? This current DL is horrid. 

4 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

We do not need a tight end right now with our first pick. Let us rebuild our defense first to stop people, and let Josh develop some more this year. Next year we will be better suited to engage in shoot outs. All of this talk about Hock and Metcalf...I think it is a wonderful dream like scenario...just not realistic. Who is going to stop teams from marching down the field? This current DL is horrid. 

The amount of Bills fans obsessed with defense in 2019 is too damn high. They haven't had a good offense since the one year with Bledsoe and have cycled through good to great defenses multiple times since then, with what to show for it?

Fix the offense. This is an offensive happy league with rules benefitting them. Then you don't have to worry about always holding the opponent to 13 points.

Edited by JM57

13 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I think so too if he's there. A high ceiling, still raw player who breaks every measurable

3 years in a major football program, a lack of production, and still very raw? That’s a big red flag for me. 

22 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I just mean on the totem pole positional value goes like this

QB

MLB

DE

CB

LT

C

DT

WR

TE/S

G/RB

Wow...MLB that high?  I don't share that opinion.  I actually think that falls rather low on the list.  I mean, in recent years, the Bills have gotten solid MLB play from mid-round picks like Preston Brown, street FAs like Zach Brown, and former UDFAs like Julian Stanford (who, IMO, looked every bit as good as Edmunds in spot duty last year).

I'd say it looks more like this:

QB

Pass rusher

CB

WR

LT

C

Everything else that's not STs

STs

On 4/16/2019 at 6:51 PM, JM57 said:

Why does it have to be one or the other? There are very few guys that are above average or better at all aspects of playing TE. Gronk was a REALLY good blocker. Did that stop him from catching passes? Kittle and Kelce both graded out very favorably in the blocking department in 2018. They both had over 1300 yards receiving. If you think that's the ceiling for Hockenson, then you have a rare talent and you take him. Even in the top 10. I don't know how anyone could have watched Gronk dump all over this team every time they played and NOT realize the value of an elite TE

Gronk and Brady fit like a hand and glove. Brady used his TEs,made Aaron Hernandez look like a gold jacket candidate.

Hindsight...

If you draft a TE this high up you better pray he’s an All Pro in your system.

This reeks of Eric Ebron and how the former board jumped all over him as our pick. Deja Vu.

Im positive he’s not going 9 to the Bills,neither is Metcalf. Thank god,it would be a wasted pick.

Pegulas future Son In Law will be croomed to be the starter.

Too many high end DTs there and we need to replace Williams with potential quality.

Edited by dlonce