Daniel Jeremiah mock #3 (Hockenson to Bills)

DJB

Just now, JM57 said:

Now if he doesn't change this pick on version 4.0, lock it in. Check out his 4.0 mock last year on the day of the first round. Order is a little off but he was really close on the top 15 or 16.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928661/article/jeremiah-mock-draft-40-browns-pick-baker-mayfield-no-1

Hes extremely well connected and outside of years past Mayock mocks Daniel Jeremiah is pretty good at knowing what each team wants.  Helps that he speaks with actual GM'S and scouts 

• Like (+1) 1

Ya I can see it. And I’d be quite happy with it.

Beane has done his best to add to the offensive line this offseason. Hockenson is also a tenacious run blocker.

Allen needs a reliable receiving “safety blanket.” Hockenson is a very good receiver.

He’d command attention over the middle and allow the outside speed to get downfield.

I’m not usually for taking a TE that high but if it came to be, I’d probably pump my fist and say something totally Jay_Fixity like “nice pick, gang.”

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If the draft fell this way I would have no problem with Hock....

I really do not want to give up draft assets unless it is for a proven stud.

This is kinda where I am at right now.  Especially your last sentence.

16 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

He'd tick so many boxes and I'd be elated. 10 year quality pro who instantly is the best TE we've had since the early 90's. Great locker room guy who has a chance to be an All Pro guy and with our vertical offense he's going to eat in the middle of the field/intermediate. Sign me up.

You'd be elated to watch a defensive line that won't be able to get to the quarterback or stop the run?  Is your plan for them to use a 2nd on Khalen Saunders from the vaunted Western Illinois defense and hope that he turns into the next Aaron Donald or Fletcher Cox?

If that really is your plan, I hope watching Hockenson catch 300 passes for 40 touchdowns brings you joy, as the defense gets gashed in the running game week in and week out.

Edited by Cornette's Commentary
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

You'd be elated to watch a defensive line that won't be able to get to the quarterback or stop the run?  Is your plan for them to use a 2nd on Khalen Saunders from the vaunted Western Illinois defense to become the next Aaron Donald or Fletcher Cox?

If that really is your plan, I hope watching Hockenson catch 300 passes for 40 touchdowns brings you joy, as the defense gets gashed in the running game week in and week out.

LMAO - someone give this guy a merit badge for most over dramatic post of the month.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 15

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO - someone give this guy a merit badge for most over dramatic post of the month.  

Unless you know for a fact that Hockenson is going to have a Tony Gonzalez/Gronkowski-esque, Hall of Fame career, NO tight end is worth the 9th pick. Full stop.

But, if they trade down into the teens, then, sure, take Hockenson or Noah Fant if they're the BPA.  Otherwise, if Jeremiah's mock holds true, I'd rather take Rashan Gary or Montez Sweat at 9 than a freaking tight end.

Edited by Cornette's Commentary