What do you think we need on the ground from Shady, Gore (and for that matter Allen, too)?

Personally I don’t think the brain trust is done yet filling out the backfield (draft prospects), so those #s from either of the old guard may be a bit high, but I totally agree that Allen should come in a couple hundred less than 2018 if for nothing else, the overall passing O should be much improved in the 3500+ range. I’d like to see his 8 rushing TDs again though, as JA in short yardage or goal line will be a tough out. 

2 hours ago, hjnick said:

Just think what this OL could do with the help of a top level TE that can block and create mismatches like Hock... 

A set of 3 WR, 1 RB, and Hock... what are we going to do... run or pass? :)

The more I've read and seen with Hock , the more I want him and think he can be a cornerstone for this O. Look at Beasley/Witten . Beasley alone causes so much attention in the middle of the field, allowing a great TE to EAT. And he can block ? This O could really be lethal.

I do think McD is lobbying for one of these elite DL prospects, potentially making the D very elite. 

Either way it's a positive for this team. I think they go BPA , which I'm all for. If they love one of these DL, could see a trade up , otherwise go BPA and Hock could definitely be that

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Boy, MJS, I need my relief pitcher to do something, especially one the caliber of Gore.  If I had Nolan Ryan in his last couple of years i wouldn't just sit him.

Allen could do 700 and I don't have as big a problem with him doing it as some.  I just don't think the coaches are going to let that happen.

Gore will get some yards, maybe even some TD's, but if he doesn't, I don't think it makes or breaks the offense.

And I have no problem with Allen running. It's one of his strengths, and I believe the coaches will use it, but they'll want him to be smart about it. QB's get hurt just as often within the pocket as without. Allen's injury last year happened with him in the pocket.

• Like (+1) 2

This needs to be a run heavy offense primarily to avoid turnovers. Josh will make big plays, especially with his legs, but he will also make a relatively high percentage of off target throws that will be intercepted. Running will be safer. There's no question that Shady's physical gifts have started to atrophy some and this will be his last year as our starter, but I think he has another 1,000 yard season in him. Of course, our improved OL should help us score more rushing TD's also.

• Like (+1) 1