Russell Wilson Reaches 4 Year $140 Million ($107 m guaranteed) extension with Seahawks

1 minute ago, MacGyver said:

They will never reach the SB again paying one player that much...

Guess what All teams will be paying their Good players that Much. So guess there will be no SuperBowl going forward. 

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Ahhhh...memories of the regime that was here for 3 years and never had a QB plan...good times.

Every team can look back on a draft with regret, but man, a lot of good players got passed up after TJ. 

Wilson

Sanu

Hilton

Cousins

Foles

M. Jackson

J. Norman

A. Morris... to name a few...

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12324325

Hes worth every penny.       You should watch a Seahawks game 

I respectfully disagree.  Again, I reiterate - no athlete is worth that kind of money.  He's a decent QB, but, no.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

I respectfully disagree.  Again, I reiterate - no athlete is worth that kind of money.  He's a decent QB, but, no.

Said everytime a new contract gets signed by a premier Athlete. 

Guess what logic says if the Seattle Seahawks are paying that then he is worth that to them Doesn’t it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I think he is a good QB because he has a team to support him and the team will not be as good when the money going into his pocket could fund 3-4 good players.

The salary cap continues to increase....New TV contracts are coming up...there will be plenty of money to fund 3-4 good players...plus what's the point of the 3-4 good players if your QB sucks?

• Like (+1) 1

RW is a very good QB.  The guaranteed $ alone is 26.75 per year.

IMO I think its too much for a guy who isn't a Top 5 QB or a rising star like Mahomes. 

Of the $140 million extension  - $65 million signing bonus.  Not to mention what it does to their Cap.

Spotrac  Cap # for Seattle 

Team Signed Total 51 Cap Space
Seattle Seahawks 66 10,897,527

ACTIVE PLAYERS (66)
POS.
BASE SALARY
SIGNING BONUS
ROSTER BONUS
OPTION BONUS
WORKOUT BONUS
RESTRUC. BONUS
MISC.
DEAD CAP
CAP HIT
CAP %
Russell Wilson QB $17,000,000 $6,200,000 - - - $2,086,668 - - $25,286,668 13.25
Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

RW is a very good QB.  The guaranteed $ alone is 26.75 per year.

IMO I think its too much for a guy who isn't a Top 5 QB or a rising star like Mahomes. 

Of the $140 million extension  - $65 million signing bonus.  Not to mention what it does to their Cap.

Spotrac  Cap # for Seattle 

Team Signed Total 51 Cap Space
Seattle Seahawks 66 10,897,527

ACTIVE PLAYERS (66)
POS.
BASE SALARY
SIGNING BONUS
ROSTER BONUS
OPTION BONUS
WORKOUT BONUS
RESTRUC. BONUS
MISC.
DEAD CAP
CAP HIT
CAP %
Russell Wilson QB $17,000,000 $6,200,000 - - - $2,086,668 - - $25,286,668 13.25

won't matter much as cap keeps increasing and will even more when TV contracts are renewed and Amazon jumps in with online streaming

50 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

They will never reach the SB again paying one player that much...

why not?

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Man only had 35 tds to pair with his 7 int’s ??‍♂️??

Yikes, don’t poop in my seats 

Fool said what???  ?

I have a strong spidey feeling they just fuked up.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

Oh this tired trope.

The owners wouldn't be paying that much if they didn't feel athletes were worth it.

Elite athletes generate revenue.

They generate more revenue than they are paid.

There's a great article on LeBron James from the last time he went back to Cleveland 

It charted Cleveland and Miami's team revenue with and without LeBron at both destination s

They showed the correlation the immediate impact of losing and gaining him on each team was over $75million net profit/loss

I'm sure the Lakers and cavs would see similar numbers from last year.

I'm sure you have some moral rant that nobody is worth that much, but guess what??

Tickets, marketing, advertising, etc all generate that much money for a team/ owner.

If you are so morally against athletes earning that much $$ the only way to stop it is stop supporting professional sports by boycotting ESPN/etc coverage, all forums, games, TV game broadcasts, merch and such.

If you are still involved and following a team then you contribute to the ever rising $$ they make.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I think he is a good QB because he has a team to support him and the team will not be as good when the money going into his pocket could fund 3-4 good players.

Odd opinion to have, since Wilson has continued his elite play while his team butchered their RB and offensive line situations in recent years. Wilson has what, the 2nd highest QB rating of all time? sorry you just sound like an uniformed hater.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

and soon they will be able to construct a robot QB for less $    :lol:

which will help with the cap

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Oh this tired trope.

The owners wouldn't be paying that much if they didn't feel athletes were worth it.

There's a great article on LeBron James from the last time he went back to Cleveland 

It charted Cleveland and Miami's team revenue with and without LeBron at both destination s

They showed the correlation the immediate impact of losing and gaining him on each team was over $75million net profit/loss

I'm sure you have some moral rant that nobody is worth that much, but guess what??

Tickets, marketing, advertising, etc all generate that much money for a team/ owner.

If you are so morally against athletes earning that much $$ the only way to stop it is stop supporting professional sports by boycotting ESPN/etc coverage, all forums, games, TV game broadcasts, merch and such.

If you are still involved and following a team then you contribute to the ever rising $$ they make.

excellent points

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Ahhhh...memories of the regime that was here for 3 years and never had a QB plan...good times.

Remember when he said he was a “riverboat gambler” for moving up two spots and taking TJ. Dohh!

Saw EJ mentioned as a bust last night on NFL network as a bust and I think the guy was a former scout said he had him as a fifth rounder and another GM had him as a TE. 

25 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Oh this tired trope.

Basketball and baseball players get paid too damn much IMO.  

what really makes me laugh with Basketball players...  they take "time off"  as it suits them.

If I pay to go to a game I better see a top paid player out there giving 100% and no excuses.  If he's not playing he better have a serious enough injury. 

29 minutes ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

If Josh Allen turns into the next Russell Wilson he too will eat up 11%-13% of the Bills salary cap. Sorry but that's the reality of landing a franchise QB.

IF he does ....  He's young and would then be worthy of bringing  the team to greatness and keeping them there.