Tremaine Edmunds: Leader of Men and King of the North

On 4/15/2019 at 4:34 PM, John from Riverside said:

We need his recognition skills to take a leap.....last year he was doing what he did on straight athletism.......

Needs to learn how to drop his pads down- tackles way to high

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Only if that dead horse is moved on from.?

In all seriousness I know we dont see eye to eye on a lot of stuff....but for a young rookie Edmunds didnt play THAT bad......

Position switch....still growing into his body a bit....and flashed talent in his rookie season....not a finished product with potential through the roof.

On 4/15/2019 at 3:34 PM, John from Riverside said:

We need his recognition skills to take a leap.....last year he was doing what he did on straight athletism.......

Both he and Milano had growing pains in their ability to hit the right gaps (fits) against the run.

Was either caught flat-footed behind the line getting rolled, or guessing completely wrong and taking himself out of the play.

I think it is just a learning curve thing as Edmunds did get better later in the year.

Slowly developing players is a dated concept as teams often throw rookies into starting roles to sink or swim, we should expect there to be some transition and learning - especially at LB.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

That bad? 

No not not at all. People act like he's the second coming of Ray Lewis around here. He was just very inconsistent and slow to react a lot of times with a few WOW plays here and there.

Was he terrible? Def not.

Was he good? Def not. 

Fair enough.  

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

He reminded me of Darron Lee of the Jets TBH.

Naaaaa Darron Lee was not good MOST of the time.

Our king of the North actually made plays......he hit wrong gaps at times but he also was pretty good in pass defense and he made tackles.

Needs to stop thinking so much.....and that comes with playing time.

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Early on. Chargers game was Brutal...  Late in the season he was way better 

Which is what you expect from a rookie except in rare situations........

Im not going to make excuses for him....he has to perform based on where we drafted him......I am also not going to eat his lunch because he was a learning rookie either.