Who's everyone's baseball team?

Ice bowl 67

13 minutes ago, The Senator said:

No, that would be Don Baylor.

Hunt took it 50 times one season, a main reason he was in the game.

Baylor was a wannabeeee Ron Hunt,.

Hunt’s left arm dangling over the plate was often the biggest offensive threat of the early 70s Expos

Edited by row_33

1.  Orioles - watched the Red Wings when they were the parent team.  Some great players came thru Silver Stadium.

2.  Blue Jays - Led a project in Toronto and my team got me hooked on them a few years ago when they made a run.  Rented a large box for the team and had a great time at a game.  Nice facility.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Senator said:

You’re sh*ttin’ with me, right?  You’re absolutely messin’ with me for the fun of it ..,

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/HBP_career.shtml

Hunt got hit by Bill Bonham 3 of 4 plate appearances one year, a killer OBP without hitting the ball once

baylor was a great player who didn’t mind getting hit in the back, many times against the Jays

Hunt’s purpose up there was to get on base by being hit.

Edited by row_33

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Hunt got hit by Bill Bonham 3 of 4 plate appearances one year, a killer OBP without hitting the ball once

baylor was a great player who didn’t mind getting hit in the back, many times against the Jays

Baylor rarely got hit in the back. It was usually his bicep or shoulder because he just stood there.  Didn't move/turn - therefore, no back shots.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

So was Baylor’s.  You could always count on Boggs for a single or a walk, but, in the clutch, you could always count on Baylor to lean in.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Senator said:

To not be a Red Sox fan, is to not be a fan at all.

(As always, JMHO.)

The Red Sox are my other team, when they are not playing the Mets. My dad, born in 1923, was a Sox fan his whole life. Unfortunately he passed in 1999 before he ever got to see them win one. Growing up in Irish SB the Celtics and Red Sox were popular in my family and neighborhood. I guess the S Boston Irish connection. Always hated the Yankees.?

10 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

2.  Blue Jays - Led a project in Toronto and my team got me hooked on them a few years ago when they made a run.  Rented a large box for the team and had a great time at a game.  Nice facility.

Were you high and drunk at that time? You might be the first person I have every read call The Dome a "Nice Facility". LOL

I dont think it's horrible, but it's not that great. One of the reasons they apparently went with Shapiro from the Indians as their president was because of the work he did to make Progressive Field in Cleveland better. The best move to make the place better was in place before he took over and then scrapped by them, install a grass field to get rid of the fake turf. Instead he is focusing on more hangouts for fans at the game where they can meet and spend time while a game is being played. If I'm spending good money to go to a baseball game, I want to watch a game, I can hang out and catch up with friends at much cheaper places.