Offensive weapons or finish the Defence?

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Position will always be a factor whether a GM admits it or not. A QB, LT, elite WR, or a pass rusher always take precedent because they are more impactful.

I think Beane has actually been pretty clear on what he considers BPA-- he mentioned it in a recent interview, and at today's presser. BPA means best player available that fits the team, and players that don't fit the scheme do not rank as high on their board as players that do. It would be fascinating to me to see all of the different team's boards, and how they compare to each other. The word "best" is truly subjective. But, I take Beane at his word that he will draft on what he considers BPA, and not pass on someone who would be a better potential long-term Bill in order to fill a short-term need. At least, that is how I have interpreted his stated philosophy.

On 4/14/2019 at 7:36 PM, Boca BIlls said:

They have 10 picks I see them using maybe 5 of those picks to move back up. I hope they take 10 picks and turn it into 4 guys in the first 2 rounds.

This ^^^ 

On 4/14/2019 at 9:06 PM, OJ Tom said:

What team has both an offense and a defense that is "elite"?

I want to see the offense become "elite" first and foremost. I've had enough time watching crappy Bills offenses to last a lifetime.

This ^^^^

I would like to see a game where Allen throws for 300 yard and 3 /4 TD’s , 

Lets keep building that offense TE/WR/OL 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Look I'm not saying we have the best group in the league, and there are a ton of questions (will Zay crap the bed? Was fosters second half a sign of the future or a flash in the pan? Can duke Williams ball?) But the article nails the problem with their raking.

this idiot put Andre Roberts in as one of their starting wrs.

He clearly did no research.

11 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Is there any such thing as a diminishing return in this regard? If the BPA will improve your defensive output 3%, and the second BPA will improve offensive output 8%, is it really better to take the defensive player? 

I can hear the analytics person in the room talking up this point, but it's debatable whether personnel types would even consider this.    

As in, what's the impact a first round DT, LB, or S can make above one taken in the 2nd or 3rd round based on the talent available.  

It's not a complete solution to the draft, but it gets closer to building an team that can win versus improving individual positions as many here indirectly advocate for.  

Go O‐line. Despite all the additions to to the Oline, only Morse is a proven good player.  The rest were average to journeyman Guards and a 34 year old swing tackle thst played good in spot duty.  

The Bills are in a great position at 9 to grab one of the top 3 Offensive Tackles in the draft and solidify the O-Line.