PFF’s Highest Rated Bills Player From The Last 4 Draft Classes (Answer May Surprise You)

The top individual career grade from a member of the last four draft classes in Buffalo.

I was shocked to see Levi Wallace on the list.  First off, because he wasn’t actually drafted and I don’t consider really him a member of last year’s draft class.  He did play well last season but he only saw limited action.  So it’s kind of like the baseball player who hits .380 during the first 2 weeks of the season

But second I was surprised to see him rated higher than TreDavious White and Ron Darby.  

Also so according to PFF Darby and White are basically the same caliber.  Personally I always thought White was much better.

I think Shaq’s average 68 rating is spot on for him.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Sample size and context.  White moves around and often but not always takes the #1 WR.  Darby was able to play opposite Gilmore.  Let's all hope Wallace is a true UDFA gem.  If both he and Foster continue to improve and do not regress that would be huge. They would be cheap and the team controls their ability to move with restricted FA tenders.

• Like (+1) 2

When an anomaly like Levi Wallace turning out to be "the best" when he played less than a full season --all of 7 games --  I have to question what criteria/methodology PFF used.  It seems to me that a lot of their ratings tend to favor pretty average players over better players.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoTier said:

When an anomaly like Levi Wallace turning out to be "the best" when he played less than a full season --all of 7 games --  I have to question what criteria/methodology PFF used.  It seems to me that a lot of their ratings tend to favor pretty average players over better players.

I don’t think anyone quite knows the formula they use 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He wasn’t drafted 

Right, part of the reason why he should surprise you as a choice

Kyle Williams is the best running back in the history of the team …. he scored a touchdown every time he ran the ball. He is also the best receiver in the history of the team …. he caught 100% of the passes thrown to him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

First; Wallace is EXACTLY like a guy who's hitting .400 with 20 AB's. Let's see if he can keep it up.

Second; 80.6(White) and 76.1(Darby) are not as close as you think.

Fair point. Same was said when he was at Alabama, first as a walk on and later as a scholarship player. He was the CB offenses targeted given all of ‘Bama’s other DB talent and he just kept getting better. My money is in Wallace to stay on the trajectory he’s on. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Surprised not to see Nathan Peterman on that top 3. He completed a high % of his passes, very accurate & anticipation.

Unfortunately those completions were to the opponent. 

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Fair point. Same was said when he was at Alabama, first as a walk on and later as a scholarship player. He was the CB offenses targeted given all of ‘Bama’s other DB talent and he just kept getting better. My money is in Wallace to stay on the trajectory he’s on. 

I'm not down on Wallace. As a matter of fact, I like him quite a bit. Just noting that the sample size isn't nearly large enough. He wouldn't "qualify" for the batting title as they say in baseball. Nevertheless, I do think he's a keeper. 

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm not down on Wallace. As a matter of fact, I like him quite a bit. Just noting that the sample size isn't nearly large enough. He wouldn't "qualify" for the batting title as they say in baseball. Nevertheless, I do think he's a keeper. 

All of which is why I agree it’s a fair point to make. I’m just noting that every time he’s increased his sample size, he’s proven himself.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

We did play weaker opposition (except the NE game) the last 7 games. That said, Wallace, Foster and JA did impress in those games.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Well, they have to grade him on the games he played in, no? They can’t project him falling back down to earth and use that in the PFF grades for the games he’s actually played in.