Do you want a WR at 9?

GreggTX

29 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Do you want a WR at 9? The reason I ask is that there don't appear to be any WR's in this draft rated that high and we already have Beasley, Brown, Jones and Foster and a couple others. Maybe we should even wait until next year to bring in someone that could be elite. 

One way that the Bills could maximize their talent at WR is by using 4 WR sets and forcing other teams to use 3 or even 4 CB's to cover them all. All of the WR's I listed are average or better. How many teams have 4 CB's that are average or better? Our #3 and #4 WR's could have pretty decent numbers this year because that's where you'll find our most favorable mismatches. Imagine Jones or Foster all day against a dumpster dive CB that just signed. I'll take that matchup all day long.

nope.

I am all about that TE , or Oliver at nine

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

NO.    The new wave is WR by committee with no #1 guy, but rather two #2+ guys and 2 slot guys.

Pats*** have been doing this for years, to some extent the Saints as well until last 2 years.  

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Pats*** have been doing this for years, to some extent the Saints as well until last 2 years.  

You are referencing 2 QBs with some of the best accuracy in the game. Both QBs also have 2 hulking options to throw the ball up to in Gronk and Michael Thomas. The Bills need that type of receiving option to help Josh Allen ascend to that other level

Edited by the skycap

53 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Yes l want Metcalf 

@NewEra How can you possibly be confused by this sentence?

1 hour ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

NO.    The new wave is WR by committee with no #1 guy, but rather two #2+ guys and 2 slot guys.

Yeah that makes sense. Same for dline I want two #2 DTs instead of one really good one.

And also for O line I want two decent tackles and not one elite guy.

Actually come to think of it I'm glad tre white came back down to earth a little last year because I wouldn't want a #1 corner, I prefer two #2 corners and two slot corners.

Edited by Chemical
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

NO! 

The first round should always be (unless it's for a QB) for beef in the trenches, either offensive or defensive line.  Football is won at the LOS.

Right now, the Bills have zero offensive weapons:  No TE, two old, washed up RBs and a collection of journeyman WRs.  We need offensive players who can stretch the field and make plays.  Offensive line has been addressed in free agency.

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Chemical said:

@NewEra How can you possibly be confused by this sentence?

Yeah that makes sense. Same for dline I want two #2 DTs instead of one really good one.

And also for O line I want two decent tackles and not one elite guy.

Actually come to think of it I'm glad tre white came back down to earth a little last year because I wouldn't want a #1 corner, I prefer two #2 corners and two slot corners.

I’m confused at how someone would want him at 9.  

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m confused at how someone would want him at 9.  

Again, would you take Randy Moss, T.O, Julio Jones, Andre Johnson with the 9th pick in the draft? These are his comparisons.

What They’re Saying 

Metcalf’s physical gifts are unquestioned, as few human beings have his combination of size, strength and athleticism. For this reason, he has a truly elite ceiling. In a lot of phases of the game, he takes advantage of his physical traits. Whether releasing against press coverage, separating using physicality or his contact balance as a route runner, Metcalf uses his physical tools on a play to play basis.

There will likely be a transition period for Metcalf, as he grows accustomed to multiple alignments and finishes off his route tree. The traits he shows on film gives the indication that this transition period won’t hold back Metcalf for very long. He’s got the flexibility to perform more than what he was asked to do at Ole Miss.

Early in his career, he will immediately be a red zone threat and accuracy fixer with his hands and ball skills. Down the line, his ceiling is that of the premiere wide receiver in the National Football League.

- Brad Kelly (The Draft Network - Scouting Report)

He's a red zone threat and accuracy fixer. Two things Josh Allen can use.

Edited by the skycap
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, mannc said:

Right now, the Bills have zero offensive weapons:  No TE, two old, washed up RBs and a collection of journeyman WRs.  We need offensive players who can stretch the field and make plays.  Offensive line has been addressed in free agency.

We still need a replacement for Kyle Williams.  If you're adamant about acquiring weapons for Josh, then we should trade down and do it.

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

We still need a replacement for Kyle Williams.  If you're adamant about acquiring weapons for Josh, then we should trade down and do it.

You can get Kyle Williams replacement in later rounds too. Remember what round Kyle was taken in. You can not pass up the opportunity to get the ultimate weapon

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Thought Harrison Phillips was that guy. Where was Kyle drafted again? Who's our highest paid player next year? Jordan and Harrison Phillips weren't even on the team this time last year. We added 3 DT and lost one to retirement in the last year.

Edited by Chemical
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Again, would you take Randy Moss, T.O, Julio Jones, Andre Johnson with the 9th pick in the draft? These are his comparisons.

What They’re Saying 

Metcalf’s physical gifts are unquestioned, as few human beings have his combination of size, strength and athleticism. For this reason, he has a truly elite ceiling. In a lot of phases of the game, he takes advantage of his physical traits. Whether releasing against press coverage, separating using physicality or his contact balance as a route runner, Metcalf uses his physical tools on a play to play basis.

There will likely be a transition period for Metcalf, as he grows accustomed to multiple alignments and finishes off his route tree. The traits he shows on film gives the indication that this transition period won’t hold back Metcalf for very long. He’s got the flexibility to perform more than what he was asked to do at Ole Miss.

Early in his career, he will immediately be a red zone threat and accuracy fixer with his hands and ball skills. Down the line, his ceiling is that of the premiere wide receiver in the National Football League.

- Brad Kelly (The Draft Network - Scouting Report)

He's a red zone threat and accuracy fixer. Two things Josh Allen can use.

My concern about him.

http://www.optimumscouting.com/news/dk-metcalf

2 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

10 of 12 playoff teams from this past season had a bonafide #1 wideout.

If the Bills decide go into the season with the current lineup, I don't want to hear a peep on this board about receivers "not being able to get open".  I will become intolerable.

• Like (+1) 2