A look at the current roster

4 hours ago, SoTier said:

If you re-read my post, you will find that I also included Russ Brandon in the supposed "brain trust" that lead the Bills in 2017 and 2018.  McDermott was here in 2017 and 2018, and like everyone else, I don't know who exactly was responsible for the personnel moves while Brandon was the head honcho.  Whaley had never really been in control of deciding which players the Bills would let walk in FA; that tended to be Brandon.  Whaley was responsible for finding talent and evaluating it once it was on the team.  He had input into the decisions about which players were re-signed, but he didn't make the final decision -- just as he didn't decide on HCs.  I would guess that Beane was hired to fill that same role.   How his role changed after Brandon was fired is unknown.  I don't believe that the Pegulas hired anyone to fill the same role as Brandon did, but does that mean that they gave Beane more responsibility or has he remained subordinate to McDermott as he appeared to be in 2017?  I don't know, and you don't either.  The Bills have always kept their inner workings very private.

I never said ANYTHING about  Beane or McDermott not owning up to his/their mistakes.  I said that you and some other posters refuse to recognize that serious personnel mistakes were made in 2017 and 2018, and I'll stand by my statement.  Your last paragraph is a perfect example.  Trading Watkins compounded by Beane trading for Matthews, who also couldn't "stay healthy" and for Benjamin, who wasn't healthy when he came to the Bills and seems to have not had a great attitude to boot. If you "believe" that Woods had no interest in having Taylor as his QB, then why would he have signed with the Rams with Jared Goff as their QB?  Goff had a miserable rookie season on a miserable team in 2016 and many people were already penciling him in as a bust.   However, keep up your excuse making.

Furthermore, you conveniently ignored my example of how the QB situation was handled in 2018.  That, to me, is far worse than whatever happened in 2017.  At best, it hints that Beane was undergoing OTJ training and learned from his mistakes (ie, an offense without decent WRs and OLers is gonna suck).  At worst, it suggests that the Bills are continuing the same philosophy under Pegula/McDermott/Beane that was prevalent under Wilson/Brandon: maximizing profits trump winning football games.

If you don't like my opinions, feel free to put me on "ignore" so that my "cluelessness" won't impinge on your fantasies of an inevitable Bills Super Bowl under the current regime.

Well I am concerned only with the team Beane and McDermott are building, those other guys arent part of it and neither is Russ Brandon.

The SB would be nice but Im not at that side of the spectrum either.  Im on the rational side right in the middle.

Ive considered it several times but talking to you makes me feel smarter.?

Edited by formerlyofCtown

On 4/14/2019 at 10:03 AM, Pete said:

Teams have run at will against Buffalo the past 2 years and opposing  QBS have been way too comfortable in the pocket.  A WR does nothing to fix that.

jones, brown, foster, Beasley, Roberts, duke is 6 WR already, we aren’t keeping 7, who are you cutting when you draft WR?

Roberts or Duke ....of course... those 2 aren't solidified locks on the roster.