Should the Chiefs key-in on Karlos? (Williams)

#34fan

2 hours ago, Doc said:

He had his shot.  He blew it.  It's over for him.

I think that's pretty much it. 

It reminds me of an anecdote told by a (probably legit) college admissions counselor.  He wrote about refusing to take as a client, a family who had their sights set solely on the most prestigious Ivy League schools for her son.  He was a legit candidate - straight As in the hardest classes, star athlete in his sport, high test scores.  Except, as a freshman in HS, he had committed (well-documented and admitted) a legitimate hate-crime.   The counselor had to point out: "Yes, he has all these great qualifications.  But he is competing against candidates who have qualifications as good - and who have never done what he did."

Karlos has legit claims to being an NFL-quality player.  He came into the NFL with questionmarks about his weedy habits and work ethic, his actions after being signed confirmed those questionmarks, and he's competing against kids with legit potential to be NFL-quality players who do NOT have his history.

8 hours ago, MJS said:

You are living in the past.

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

let go of the past

He was relevant what.. 3 years ago?

In terms of the average NFL career, that is ages ago that he was good. His career has been over so some time now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

He had his shot.  He blew it.  It's over for him.

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Did someone donate a truckload of twinkies to the Chiefs ?

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Almost certain to end in disappointment to the Chiefs.....but, what, me care ?   I wish CW a recovery from his addictions.  (drugs and excessive food)

Admittedly, Special K slipped up with the weight thing... But the I truly believe the Bills management (at the time) handled it the wrong way...  Karlos was

coming off a phenomenal year, and he may have begun resting on his Laurels prematurely.   IMO, that kind of production earned him the benefit of the doubt...

Rex, Rob, and Whaley got a whole bunch wrong that season, and casting out Karlos was one more thing to add to that pile.  -Come on, Is he worse than Randy

Gregory?    If he can stay clean, and return to fighting form, a team would be dumb not to give him a shot....  -He'd be a star in KC's passing attack, perhaps

even a 1,000 yard rusher.

Edited by #34fan
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Admittedly, Special K slipped up with the weight thing... But the I truly believe the Bills management (at the time) handled it the wrong way...  Karlos was

coming off a phenomenal year, and he may have begun resting on his Laurels prematurely.   IMO, that kind of production earned him the benefit of the doubt...

Rex, Rob, and Whaley got a whole bunch wrongthat season, and casting out Karlos was one more thing to add to that pile.  -Come on, Is he worse than Randy

Gregory?    If he can stay clean, and return to fighting form, a team would be dumb not to give him a shot....  -He'd be a star in KC's passing attack, perhaps

even a 1,000 yard rusher.

Bills FO should bring him in for a look/workout and then take him out to eat.

Just now, cba fan said:

Bills FO should bring him in for a look/workout and then take him out to eat.

He's a big, burly back... Ya gotta feed the beast.... I jus hope he doesn't show up with the munchies.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Idandria said:

He was relevant what.. 3 years ago?

In terms of the average NFL career, that is ages ago that he was good. His career has been over so some time now. 

Three years is an eternity for an NFL player. Now insert RB and it is even more so. 

4 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Chiefs signed Carlos Hyde and extended Damien Williams who filled in perfectly after Hunt got suspended. They likely don't need any other FA rb. 

Exactly right.  This story is even from a Chiefs writer.  I’m a huge KC fan but my god, we have some of the dumbest people covering the team and frankly, the dumb writers are at least smart enough to understand the dumb audience they are trying to reach.  I’ve never seen a fan base as bad as KCs fan base, about wanting to sign ANYONE, ANYONE, whose name they heard somewhere before.  Doesn’t matter who is on the roster already, and doesn’t matter thatva salary cap exists.....I promise, you go to any of the Chiefs fan pages on Facebook right now and you will find this exact quote “Carlos Williams is a BEAST!  We should sign him!

6 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Exactly right.  This story is even from a Chiefs writer.  I’m a huge KC fan but my god, we have some of the dumbest people covering the team and frankly, the dumb writers are at least smart enough to understand the dumb audience they are trying to reach.  I’ve never seen a fan base as bad as KCs fan base, about wanting to sign ANYONE, ANYONE, whose name they heard somewhere before.  Doesn’t matter who is on the roster already, and doesn’t matter thatva salary cap exists.....I promise, you go to any of the Chiefs fan pages on Facebook right now and you will find this exact quote “Carlos Williams is a BEAST!  We should sign him!

Who the **** is Carlos Williams lol

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Three years is an eternity for an NFL player. Now insert RB and it is even more so. 

BUT....has anyone seen him lately? Might he be ready to step in at DT? 

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Because he's only 26... McBeane won't sign RB's under 32....

so your saying there is a chance....just further out in the future......lol

19 minutes ago, R Y G A R said:

Feastmode... 

instant classic. Thanks for that.

I will try next:

Ala-mode.....

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

You'll have to ask 34 hotdogfan, it's his thread.

Judge said I'm not allowed within 500 feet of Karlos, anymore.... That's how fanhood gets repaid sometimes.

• Haha (+1) 1