TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed!!

Virgil

We were torn in the Jags war room.  We had to decide on BPA vs bigger needs.  Pass rush and RT were the bigger needs.  Jaylon Ferguson was the best available between pass rusher and OT.  We were close to pulling the trigger on Ferguson but decided to select the best player available. Nasir Adderley, safety, Delaware.  

The kid is a stud and allows the jags secondary to remain in contention for best secondary in football.  3 ball hawks back there making life miserable for QBs.  Adderley immediately starts and is a big upgrade over Jarrod Wilson, who we resigned in January to a 3 year 7 million dollar contract. Adderley offers versatility in the slot as well.

@ndirish1978 and the buccaneers are on the clock for back to back picks 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

With the 29th overall pick the KC Chiefs select Dre'Mont Jones, DT Ohio State University

WR was definitely tempting due to Tyreek's off the field issues and DK being the only one taken so far, but with Steve Spagnuolo coming in and installing a new 4-3 defense, the offense being miles ahead in efficiency, and departures of Ford/Houston, sitting back and looking for the BPA on defense seems like the most logical fit (was hoping that Greedy or one of the top 2 Clemson DL were going to fall here). Also, Tyreek himself was taken in a later round. I'm sure Reid and the FO will be able to plug-and-play a mid round WR if that's what it comes to. 

He earned a starting job as a redshirt freshman and didn't look back from there as he excelled. This past year he had 8.5 sacks, 13 TFL, 2 PBU, 1 FF, and a pick six. His burst as a three-technique is evident on his highlights; since Chris Jones plays a 1-tech (from what I've read, at least), this could be an instant impact to help improve the defense. 

@wppete and the GB Packers are on the clock

In reviewing the picks in round 1, this seems like the biggest reach IMO.

10 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

With the 39th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Bucs select Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple

With the 40th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Bucs select Erik McCoy, C, Texas A&M

@Alphadawg7 and the Broncos are on the clock.

Sorry @ndirish1978, I had to get things moving. I hope all is well.

He technically has until noon.....

If we don’t hear from him by then, then those will be the picks.  

Have to to be fair to the original rules

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

the first pick was due this morning though, right? I was mostly operating with the knowledge he hasn't been on in 18 hours. So I don't think he's evaluating trades or anything. We'll see in ~50 mins!

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

13 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

With the 39th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Bucs select Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple

With the 40th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Bucs select Erik McCoy, C, Texas A&M

@Alphadawg7 and the Broncos are on the clock.

Sorry @ndirish1978, I had to get things moving. I hope all is well.

@BuffaloHokie13   Apologize to me!.  you just took one of my picks for the Dolphins.  ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I had a vested interest in these picks, so I am alright waiting to see if he shows up. :P

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

The day starts at 8am, so he has until noon

But if he was put on the clock last night at 5:22, wouldn't that make the first pick due at 9:30 last night? 

I'm fine giving him until noon, just making sure I know the rules. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

He was on the clock at 6ish last night for his first pick based on the timestamp from NewEra. Day ends at 10, right?

Honestly, I was passed out last night.  Still can’t shake this food poisoning.  

I just feel better saying we gave every possibly chance.  If that’s another 40 min, so be it. 

Fair enough?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Virgil said:

Honestly, I was passed out last night.  Still can’t shake this food poisoning.  

I just feel better saying we gave every possibly chance.  If that’s another 40 min, so be it. 

Fair enough?

I'm fine either way. @Alphadawg7 can hold off until at least noon. I hope you're feeling better bud! I just got real bored tracking no changes for 7 'on the clock' hours and not even a log-in :lol: