TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed!!

Virgil

The Lions draft board had a short list of players to choose from:  within the tier of equivalent players in a position of need were:

• Jonathan Abrams                S          Mississippi State

• Kaleb McCoy                      OT          Washington

• Parris Campbell                 WR         Ohio State

• Deebo Samuel                   WR          Clemson

At the end of the review it was decided to go with Golden Tate’s replacement.

With the 43rd pick in the 2019 draft, the Detroit Lions select Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State. 

Parris is the best value on the board – rated by many as a late round 1 selection.  He will bring needed speed to balance the size of Kenny Golladay and will eventually replace Marvin Jones.

The Green Bay is on the clock with GM @wppete.

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/16/2019 at 1:16 AM, KOKBILLS said:

I hear ya Rico...And how are you my friend? It's Draft season so I know you're OK...?

I'm not a big fan of TE at #9 either...And I've been a little more of a Fant guy than Hock anyway...Though I like both...I like a LOT of prospects in this Draft...But for me it's a like Draft...Not a love Draft...

Just not a fan of Trading up...Almost ever...I get it for a QB...Or later on in the Draft when you don't have to give up nearly as much...But this high, you're going to pay a premium I'm unwilling to dish out for any single player, especially in this Draft...Williams is a great prospect...He really is...But Trevor Lawrence did not seem overly distracted....

Plus, I once knew a DT from Alabama who showed up at the Combine at 319 lbs and was widely considered the next great thing on the interior D-Line...His Sports Science stint broke records...He was an amazing athlete for his size...His negatives in one Scouting Report read like this..."Hard to find flaws in this guy's game. Some have him pegged as a 3-4 defensive end but we don't feel he's at his best as a two-gap defensive lineman. Played in a defensive line rotation for much of his college career and is still developing in-game stamina..." That's it!...He was EXPLOSIVE at 319!!! An absolute beast...

Then he went on to pile up suspensions like he was piling up chicken wings on the way to pushing 350...So...All I'm saying is you never really know...And if you never really know why the hell give up what it would take to get up there and get anyone?...We don't need a QB anymore...I'm done with the 1st Round Trade ups for now...And #40 is VERY valuable in this Draft...I know this Draft...I really do...There is going to be some real good talent available in the 2nd...And I'm pretty sure I'd take what we can get at #9 and #40 over any single prospect we can get at #5...I like Bosa, Williams, Allen, etc...They are all very good prospects...But I don't like any of them as much as I liked Clowney or Garrett and I really did not love Clowney that much...I don't think ANY of these guys are elite...None of them...Very good? Absolutely...But elite? Not so much...And maybe that's just me?

The only prospect in the Draft I feel will be an elite NFL player is DK...And even with him I think that's at least a couple years out...

And that's all I have to say about that!...??

Metcalf would not be my first choice, I probably lean towards an impact D-Lineman ...but as someone else recently said in here, I'm all about getting a high ceiling player for a top 10 pick. If Metcalf is a hit, the sky's the limit. I would much, MUCH rather take a risk on him there than taking a risk on what could very well be a JAG TE.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 43rd pick in the 2019 draft, the Green Bay Packers select from Ole Miss OT, Greg Little. 

Green Bay continues to add to the offense and support Aaron Rogers from the blind side with a proven OT. GB also added WRs DK Metcalf and Hollywood Brown as Down field threats. With all the FA signings on Defense GB is much improved in 2019. 

The Falcons and @buffalobillswin are on the clock. 

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1

The Washington Redskins knew within seconds of their name going on the clock who they wanted to take. They watched this player -- who they had rated as a fringe 1st round prospect and who, quite frankly, they couldn't believe was still around at this point -- slowly fall down the board to them. 

This is one of those rare instances that GMs talk about of value meeting need perfectly, equaling an absolute best case scenario for the Redskins.

With the 45th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins select Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE, Louisiana Tech.

With Preston Smith and Trent Murphy both departing via free agency in the past two seasons, the Redskins felt they desperately needed a quality edge player to bookend with Ryan Kerrigan. After addressing the most important need in all of football in round 1 (QB), the Redskins feel incredibly fortunate to be able to turn around and address their other biggest need with what they feel is a steal at this point in the draft.

@Golden Goat and his Carolina Panthers are now on the clock.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3

With the 47th pick, the Carolina Panthers select Chase Winovich, EDGE, Michigan

In the first round, we opted to protect Cam when a stud tackle (Jonah Williams) fell into our lap. Defense; however, is our biggest need. 2018 saw one of our worst performances in franchise history. We were bottom 5 in sacks, and believe Winovich's nasty streak and freakish athleticism are a big step toward changing that. He can play 4-3 or 3-4, and let's face it -- even we don't know what the hell we're doing yet. 

Dude's TOUGH. In junior high, he fractured his skull, causing subdural hematoma in a fall. To be able to come back from that and play football -- let alone at a high level -- adds to his appeal. Lastly, an edge rusher with "chase" and "win" in his name? C'mon.

The Miami Dolphins( @RyanC883 ) are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 48th pick, the Miami Dolphins select Kaleb McGary, OT--Washington.  The Dolphins are excited to be able to add a quality OT to their abysmal looking OL to protect Tannihel this year, and whomever we pick next year.   @bkep32 and the Browns are on the clock! 

Edited by RyanC883

With the 49th pick, the Cleveland Browns select Jonathan Abram, S - Miss ST

With the trade for ODB we sent Peppers away.  Safety was a glaring need for us.  We ran up to the podium after knowing abram was still available at 49.  We had him graded as the best safety in this draft.  Hell he was our 18th overall prospect coming in and to get him on day 2 is crazy.  This guy is as physical as you can get in the NFL, a throwback player per se.   This kid will play like Ed Reed in the nfl.   Thank you to the other 48 teams that skipped over this kid.  We even tried moving up 6 to 8 picks but no answers. 

@whatdrought and the Oakland Raiders are on the clock!

53 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

With the 49th pick, the Cleveland Browns select Jonathan Abram, S - Miss ST

With the trade for ODB we sent Peppers away.  Safety was a glaring need for us.  We ran up to the podium after knowing abram was still available at 49.  We had him graded as the best safety in this draft.  Hell he was our 18th overall prospect coming in and to get him on day 2 is crazy.  This guy is as physical as you can get in the NFL, a throwback player per se.   This kid will play like Ed Reed in the nfl.   Thank you to the other 48 teams that skipped over this kid.  We even tried moving up 6 to 8 picks but no answers. 

@whatdrought and the Oakland Raiders are on the clock!

You’re giving him way too much credit imo

With the 50th pick in the 2019 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida.

With this addition we have added a blue chip player on every level or our Defense. Gardner-Johnson is a jack or all trades who fits perfect with what we are going to do with Lemarcus Joyner and Karl Joseph. We feel that his flexibility and movement will make him a all-pro for years to come and we feel his value here in the middl of round two is absolutely perfect. In three picks we have completely rebuilt the identity of our Defense. We’re going to play fast, violent football.

@RyanC883 and the Miami Dolphins are on the clock.

Edited by whatdrought

22 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

With the 50th pick in the 2019 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida.

With this addition we have added a blue chip player on every level or our Defense. Gardner-Johnson is a jack or all trades who fits perfect with what we are going to do with Lemarcus Joyner and Karl Joseph. We feel that his flexibility and movement will make him a all-pro for years to come and we feel his value here in the middl of round two is absolutely perfect. In three picks we have completely rebuilt the identity of our Defense. We’re going to play fast, violent football.

@RyanC883 and the Miami Dolphins are on the clock.

@RyanC883 on the clock for 2 picks

1 hour ago, bkep32 said:

That maybe so but no way he should be there at 49

Agreed.  They just aren’t even close to the same type player.  Reed is probably the best safety ever at anticipating plays, reading the QB and creating turnovers.  Abrams is a sledgehammer/heat seeking middle that is lacking in coverage.  Reed played center field while Abrams is a box safety