TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed!!

Virgil

Just now, Logic said:

I agree.

If the Bills could trade down 5-8 spots, make a pick, then use their two 2nds or whatever to get back into the late 1st for a sliding Hock or Brian Burns or Jonah Williams, that would be sweeeeet.

That’s my hope.  If we can trade up to get Bosa or Allen, I’m in. 

If they trade back, and can get a legit starter at two of the 3 need positions (OT, DT, TE), then I’m good too. OLB, RB, and DE are positions I want mid round, that can hopefully grow into starters the following year. 

Oh yeah, and a punter 

Just now, Virgil said:

That’s my hope.  If we can trade up to get Bosa or Allen, I’m in. 

If they trade back, and can get a legit starter at two of the 3 need positions (OT, DT, TE), then I’m good too. OLB, RB, and DE are positions I want mid round, that can hopefully grow into starters the following year. 

Oh yeah, and a punter 

I'm all about Mitch Wishnowsky in the 7th. Even the 6th if they need to. His leg strength has been compared by an analyst or two to Michael Dickson, the rookie phenom for Seattle last year. For anyone who says "you don't use a draft pick on a punter!"...I say...um, why not? He's a guy that, if he's good, will be on your roster for 15 years, flipping field position and pinning opponents deep. That's ABSOLUTELY worth more than an Austin Proehl or Ray Ray McCloud type.

• Like (+1) 3

With the 16th pick, the Carolina Panthers select Jonah Williams, T, Alabama.

Top needs: EDGE, T

Edge is a priority, and many fell in this draft. Given that we already thought the draft was deep at edge, we’re confident we can address it later. Cam’s coming off surgery, and we have to protect him at all costs. Given that this pick will also help open holes for our other star, McCaffrey, it was a no-brainer. We resigned RT Daryl Williams to a one-year prove-it deal, but he's coming off injuries and, if he stays healthy and returns to form, he'll be too expensive next year. While other GMs project Williams as a guard, he doesn't, and we agree. We’re giddy that the Alabama product fell into our lap.

The New York Giants are now on the clock. @BuffaloHokie13

Edited by Golden Goat
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

Ian rapoport has been getting phone calls from multiple sources that the Arizona Cardinals have been busy on the phones and trying to find a trade partner to get back into the 1st rnd since pick 12

They want Murray and then someone in mid 1st?  I wonder if it’s receiver. 

The New York Giants have traded the 17th pick to the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders are now on the clock: 

With the 17th pick in the 2019 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select, Brian Burns, DE, Florida St. 

@BuffaloHokie13 no intentional misdirection on my part, just couldn't bring myself to what we had discussed and instead saw the great value here. Thanks for making it happen!

The Raiders needed an Edge Rusher, and while we didn't see Burns as worth the 4th overall pick, we consider him a great value at 17. We also believe that the premium we paid is more than worth ensuring that we get a top 10 talent at Pass Rusher. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The New York Giants have traded the 17th pick to the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders are now on the clock: 

With the 17th pick in the 2019 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select, Brian Burns, DE, Florida St. 

@BuffaloHokie13 no intentional misdirection on my part, just couldn't bring myself to what we had discussed and instead saw the great value here. Thanks for making it happen!

Whoops. I need to update the main page. 

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Right now I've got the Giants giving up picks 17, 37, and 95 for picks 24, 35, and Josh Rosen (a top 10 pick at QB in a much better QB class). Great deal and great working with you!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Right now I've got the Giants giving up picks 17, 37, and 95 for picks 24, 35, and Josh Rosen (a top 10 pick at QB in a much better QB class). Great deal and great working with you!

(just don't think about how you no longer have OBJ. lol)

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I was waiting for you to take lock and try to flip Carr to somewhere like Miami 

That's honestly what stopped me from taking lock at that pick.I am not sold on the fact that raiders dont want to ride with him this year, and I wasn't free to trade him anyway. If I could have I might have. 

Plus, Burns was a great get right there- I especially like that I kept the same number of top 100 picks. I much prefer losing value in the top 100 as opposed to losing picks altogether. 

Edited by whatdrought

1 hour ago, billspro said:

It would only be worth it for me if he was Aaron Donald. I don’t think he is at that level. I would love to have him but losing a 2nd round pick is tough, that is the sweet spot in this draft. If we don’t get Allen some more help in rounds 1 or 2 this draft is a fail for me.

I dont want to give up our 2nd either......unless it is for a legit blue chipper

We could trade back up into the 2nd round

*TRADE ALERT*

The Vikings have made a trade with the Eagles. @Chemical has traded #25 and #53 to the Vikings for #18.

A few of my targets were taken in the last few picks which allows me to move down the board and likely still grab my guy.  Grabbing an extra 2nd is huge as well.

• Like (+1) 1