TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed!!

Virgil

With the 13th pick in the 2019 NFL draft the Tennessee Titans select from Houston DT, Ed Oliver.

Vrabel and the Titans make an aggressive move up the board to grab the sliding Oliver.  Tennessee views him as a versatile piece that can be moved around the formation and add increased pass rush along with the addition of Cameron Wake. 

The Falcons and @buffalobillswin is on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

With the 13th pick in the 2019 NFL draft the Tennessee Titans select from Houston DT, Ed Oliver.

Vrabel and the Titans make an aggressive move up the board to grab the sliding Oliver.  Tennessee views him as a versatile piece that can be moved around the formation and add increased pass rush along with the addition of Cameron Wake. 

Great job moving up ahead of the Falcons, I think that's who was taking Oliver next.  Give credit to the FO of the titans for moving up and grabbing a guy they valued.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Like bkep said, good job moving ahead of the Falcons and taking the guy they almost CERTAINLY would have taken. Not a bad trade for the Titans, either, in that they re-couped later picks to replace the early ones they lost.

18 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

Great job moving up ahead of the Falcons, I think that's who was taking Oliver next.  Give credit to the FO of the titans for moving up and grabbing a guy they valued.

Thanks.  I just don't think there's any way Oliver makes it down to 19, he fills a big need and is a cut above what will likely be on the board at 19.

Changing the value for the rules hurts a little, it felt like a steal when the price was a late 2nd that turned into an early 4th, but it gives the Titans a premier prospect and loads up day 3 to allow targeting needs all over the board.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Thanks.  I just don't think there's any way Oliver makes it down to 19, he fills a big need and is a cut above what will likely be on the board at 19.

Changing the value for the rules hurts a little, it felt like a steal when the price was a late 2nd that turned into an early 4th, but it gives the Titans a premier prospect and loads up day 3 to allow targeting needs all over the board.

He and Casey spells trouble for the league,

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We got Josh Allen a lot of help already with the OL additions, Brown, and Beasely.......and Foster was really starting to come on in the second half of last year........I would bet in this scenario that we would select a WR or a TE in the 3rd......and we could even move up into the second round with so many picks still not used.

If Q. Williams ends up being a Beast......then our defense could potentially be elite

It would only be worth it for me if he was Aaron Donald. I don’t think he is at that level. I would love to have him but losing a 2nd round pick is tough, that is the sweet spot in this draft. If we don’t get Allen some more help in rounds 1 or 2 this draft is a fail for me.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

They’ve added value. I approve the new trade about to be posted. 

I’m in meetings today, so I may not have quick response times.  Ever other hour at least though 

Are they high level business meetings?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

They probably loved the Sammy trade too...?

:lol:

Only thing I like about the trade-up is it means no Hock at #9... but if the Jags are going to do us a favor and take him at #7, I would just as soon stay put. 

At pick 15, the Washington Redskins had a few different needs. They really felt like DK Metcalf could help, since Jamison Crowder departed in free agency and recent first round selection Josh Doctson has not had success. They were big fans of Montez Sweat, as Preston Smith departed in free agency and they need pass rusher opposite Ryan Kerrigan. Unfortunately, neither player fell to them. More importantly, though, in spite of their more immediate needs, the Redskins were majorly cognizant of the fact that the most important position in all of football has been a complete albatross for them in recent years. They traded for Alex Smith, but he suffered what may be a career ending injury. They have Case Keenum, but feel that he is likely nothing more than a stopgap. They considered trading up a few times during the draft, fearful that their quarterback of choice would be drafted before they could get to him. Things didn't work out that way, though. As such, Washington wastes little time in turning in their draft card, and believe this pick will have a massive impact on their team for the next 10-15 years. 

With the 15th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins select QB Daniel Jones, Duke.

Washington liked Drew Lock when they met him at the Senior Bowl. They liked his athletic upside. Washington fell in love with Daniel Jones, though, when he came to D.C. for a Top 30 pre-draft visit. The Redskins felt that he  was an absolutely perfect fit for Jay Gruden's west coast offense. His tight mechanics, his quick, compact release, and his short and mid range accuracy was too much to pass up. He will compete in training camp with Case Keenum to be the starting quarterback for the 2019 season, and we feel confident that he will turn into the franchise QB we have sorely needed for quite some time.

@Golden Goat and his Carolina Panthers are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

At pick 15, the Washington Redskins had a few different needs. They really felt like DK Metcalf could help, since Jamison Crowder departed in free agency and recent first round selection Josh Doctson has not had success. They were big fans of Montez Sweat, as Preston Smith departed in free agency and they need pass rusher opposite Ryan Kerrigan. Unfortunately, neither player fell to them. More importantly, though, in spite of their more immediate needs, the Redskins were majorly cognizant of the fact that the most important position in all of football has been a complete albatross for them in recent years. They traded for Alex Smith, but he suffered what may be a career ending injury. They have Case Keenum, but feel that he is likely nothing more than a stopgap. They considered trading up a few times during the draft, fearful that their quarterback of choice would be drafted before they could get to him. Things didn't work out that way, though. As such, Washington wastes little time in turning in their draft card, and believe this pick will have a massive impact on their team for the next 10-15 years. 

With the 15th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins select QB Daniel Jones, Duke.

Washington liked Drew Lock when they met him at the Senior Bowl. They liked his athletic upside. Washington fell in love with Daniel Jones, though, when he came to D.C. for a Top 30 pre-draft visit. The Redskins felt that he  was an absolutely perfect fit for Jay Gruden's west coast offense. His tight mechanics, his quick, compact release, and his short and mid range accuracy was too much to pass up. He will compete in training camp with Case Keenum to be the starting quarterback for the 2019 season, and we feel confident that he will turn into the franchise QB we have sorely needed for quite some time.

@Golden Goat and his Carolina Panthers are now on the clock.

Who were you afraid of taking him after you?

I applaud the pick, but seems early and thought he could be had on the back end of the first round. 

But hey, with a QB, you need to get your guy, so I get it 

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I applaud the pick, but seems early and thought he could be had on the back end of the first round. 

The bolded is the main reason. If you think a QB is a franchise guy, you don't mess around with possibly losing out on him.

But more importantly, I've seen a few draft analysts lately stating that the Redskins may not even have the CHANCE to get Jones at 15. I have read of recent serious interest on the part of the Broncos and Dolphins both. Furthermore, I read 10 different Redskins mock drafts, ranging from national analysts to Redskins bloggers, and 5 of them had Daniel Jones as the selection at 15. 

I believe that the public opinion on Jones has not yet caught up to the reality of how NFL teams feel about him. I will not be surprised if he is the 2nd QB off the board come draft day, ahead of Dwayne Haskins.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

He's been repeatedly linked to the Giants throughout the process.  It would be very funny to see the Giants take D at 6, counting on Jones at 17 only to have a division rival take him 2 picks earlier.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Logic said:

The bolded is the main reason. If you think a QB is a franchise guy, you don't mess around with possibly losing out on him.

But more importantly, I've seen a few draft analysts lately stating that the Redskins may not even have the CHANCE to get Jones at 15. I have read of recent serious interest on the part of the Broncos and Dolphins both. Furthermore, I read 10 different Redskins mock drafts, ranging from national analysts to Redskins bloggers, and 5 of them had Daniel Jones as the selection at 15. 

I believe that the public opinion on Jones has not yet caught up to the reality of how NFL teams feel about him. I will not be surprised if he is the 2nd QB off the board come draft day, ahead of Dwayne Haskins.

That’s what I like. Unless the big 3 fall to us, I think people could be fighting to get to our spot at 9.  We could make out strong. 

Not that I want more picks for players, but I would then package them to get multiple 2nd and 3rds.  Let’s get some quality starters 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

That’s what I like. Unless the big 3 fall to us, I think people could be fighting to get to our spot at 9.  We could make out strong. 

Not that I want more picks for players, but I would then package them to get multiple 2nd and 3rds.  Let’s get some quality starters 

I agree.

If the Bills could trade down 5-8 spots, make a pick, then use their two 2nds or whatever to get back into the late 1st for a sliding Hock or Brian Burns or Jonah Williams, that would be sweeeeet.