TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed!!

Virgil

10 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

With the 6th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the New York Giants select Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan.

@NewEra and the Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock.

Curious - concerned about lack of production?  Why did Michigan not scheme him better or did they know about an issue?

51 minutes ago, Virgil said:

***Trade Alert***

The Buffalo Bills have traded the 1st, 2nd, and 4th pick for the Tampa Bat Bucaneers #5 overall pick. 

With that pick, the Bills select Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

The Giants are now on the clock

@BuffaloHokie13

It is nice to get one of the best guys in the draft but I would be a little disappointed we won’t be able to add anyone to help out Allen. If we don’t develop Allen properly the Williams pick will be a waste. I do hope we trade up on draft day though, hopefully it’s for an additional 2nd or 3rd and not to move up in round 1. Trading up in round 1 for a non QB backfires more often than not.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Because Bowl Cut Davis wanted to be funny and throw a strange twist in so the bills would trade up for Quinnen.

DTs tend to fall out of the top five in recent history. That is because of positional value imo.

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

It must be nice to have all the answers. 

I made the choice that I made because it was a good value and because I didn't want Williams. I like Mo Hurst and Bj Hill, two guys that we drafted just last year. I also didn't feel that Sweat nor Burns were worth a top 5 pick as a player, but I felt that White was. More to the point, White gives me a stud in the middle of my Defense that helps all three layers of my D and I can find better value later in the draft to fill other needs. 

You made the right call, White is special. 

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

DTs tend to fall out of the top five in recent history. That is because of positional value imo.

You made the right call, White is special. 

Williams was close to being the pick, it really was about the positional need. I really liked Mo Hurst last year and wanted him for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2

To be honest:  Not a fan of the trade up for the Bills.  There is just no reason to spend so much to trade up from 9 this year.  Premium player is going to be on board at 9, so IMO we just unnecessarily wasted a second and fourth rounder. 

Love getting Quennin, but I do not think he is so much better than who we can get at 9 that it’s worth it to spend the extra 2nd and 4th to get him.  That 2nd is too valuable this year.  

I also think we most likely won’t trade up from 9 and way more likely we trade up from 40 to get back into the first or up earlier in the 2nd.  

Just my 2 cents.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Curious - concerned about lack of production?  Why did Michigan not scheme him better or did they know about an issue?

We believe they used him out of position, to an extent, but also failed to motivate him overall. We are bringing him in to a rich history of Giants defensive lineman and the mold he is closest to is Jason Pierre Paul. We trusted our scouts then and it paid off, and they see similar traits here. Based on our interactions with this young man, we believe he is ready to step up to that challenge.

Just now, KOKBILLS said:

I would be monumentally pissed if Beane did this...

Like...Massively pissed...?

According to a majority of peers, it’s the right choice. 

But I agree with you 

Detroit Lions options for pick #8:

QB:         Stafford is a good, great at times QB.  Not sure he will ever lead them to a SB.  Will Matt P want his own QB?  Considering Haskins as he is the best QB on the board.

DL:         Lions can always use more playmakers to pair with Flowers.  Options here include Oliver, Wilkens or Sweat.

LB:         Local college playmaker Bush is available as the second rated LB with White off the board.  Borderline high for him but good potential.

CB:         Slay is strong but they need help on the opposite side.  Strong corners make for a better D but no CB is rated high enough for #8.

OL:         As with many teams, always a need.  Williams, Taylor, Ford and Dillard are all still on the board.  Interesting that no OL has been picked yet.

Value and need intersect with the DL.  With the 8th pick in the 2019 draft, the Lions select Montez Sweat, Edge, Mississippi State.

The TB Bucs led by GM @ndirish1978 are on the clock.  Will a Notre Dame player be the pick - most likely not.

23 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Is Oliver + 2 picks better than Williams?  I think so.

You have to expect that 2nd round pick to start. So if I gave up a starting RT, OLB, TE for the difference between Oliver and him PLUS that?  I don’t know that I’m a fan 

I will say this, if we get to 9 and the big 3 are gone along with Hock, I definitely was to trade back.  We could still get a starting OT and then use the picks to trade back into the top 3 rounds 

I don’t care how it happens, but I want a starting RT, DT, and TE from this draft. Plus, a developmental DE and RB

11 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

With the 9th pick in the 2019 draft, the Bucs select Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State.

The Denver Broncos and their GM @Alphadawg7 are on the clock

While I don’t think it’s a bad move, I doubt Arians would sign off on that, leaving you and him at odds.  Winston is the main reason Arians went to Tampa.  He loves the guy.  They MAY move on from him at the end of the year if he doesn’t improve but I expect improvement and a long term deal based on the couch that I’m on

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1