TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed!!

Virgil

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

The tough part about having a one round mock with trades is that, well, it's only 1 round. We don't get to use the theoretical extra picks we acquire in later rounds.

If I'm only getting to project ONE of my team's picks, of what benefit is it to me to trade down and not get to exercise that one pick until later in the round? If we were doing, say, the 2nd and 3rd rounds, then I'd get to enjoy the spoils of my trade by getting to exercise those extra picks. The way things stand now, though, what's my motivation to trade down and pick up later picks that I'll never get to use?

In real life I may not make the offer above but for this it is more of a thought exercise.  Play out the experiment and see where it goes. 

The next draft is the time to be the real GM alas with no trades.

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Need more than that...

#3   2200 pts

#8   1400 pts

#43 too Low

I still need 800 points plus 300

OK - make your pick?.

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

The tough part about having a one round mock with trades is that, well, it's only 1 round. We don't get to use the theoretical extra picks we acquire in later rounds.

If I'm only getting to project ONE of my team's picks, of what benefit is it to me to trade down and not get to exercise that one pick until later in the round? If we were doing, say, the 2nd and 3rd rounds, then I'd get to enjoy the spoils of my trade by getting to exercise those extra picks. The way things stand now, though, what's my motivation to trade down and pick up later picks that I'll never get to use?

Theoretically speaking, what “benefit” do you get from any of this?  

It’s all make believe 

Edited by NewEra

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

I get that.  But I’m just hoping people won’t make dumb trades because it won’t affect them just for this draft 

Is Williams really worth moving up for?  Is he a clearly better prospect than Oliver

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

Surely you understand what I'm saying, right?

I do, but the reality of the situation is as I stated.  I’m sitting at 7 with the jags,  I could’ve offered a first, 2nd and 3rd for #2–#3 to get Allen, Bosa or Williams.  I didn’t.  Why?  Because it probably won’t happen irl and it doesn’t benefit me in the least. 

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I get that.  But I’m just hoping people won’t make dumb trades because it won’t affect them just for this draft 

Is Williams really worth moving up for?  Is he a clearly better prospect than Oliver

He’s clearly better than Oliver imo.  I get that it’s not the consensus around here, but I’d move up for him.  

56 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Adam Schefter is reporting that the Raiders are not opposed to trading down and staying in the top 10.

Ian Rappaport is still worthless after the AB thing, but he confirms.

Are you working out a trade?

28 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Are you working out a trade?

I put out some Feelers, but didn’t get any response.

With the 4th pick in the 2019 NFL draft; the Oakland Raiders select, Devin White, LB, LSU. 

I thought about Williams, but we like our young interior guys. Sweat and Burns both seem high right here. This guy will captain the defense for years to come.

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

@ndirish1978 is on the clock. 

The Bills are offering you their 1st, 2nd, and 4th for this pick. Please let us know

i really hope this trade doesnt go thru, i would much rather stay at 9 and get oliver, taylor, dare i say hockenson

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bkep32 said:

i really hope this trade doesnt go thru, i would much rather stay at 9 and get oliver, taylor, dare i say hockenson

I agree.  That's a lot if you consider Oliver a equal value player 4 spot later.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I agree.  That's a lot if you consider Oliver a equal value player 4 spot later.  

I agree.  4 spots to Oliver with one sure pick in Williams.  The other 3 may not go 3DT so possible.  Giants may hold the key at #6 - pick a QB please.

I expect on draft day while the sequence may not play out like this, it is possible.

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

I think Williams is considered a much better prospect, but I’d rather the Bills stay put in real life.

However, for this mock isn’t simulating a trade the whole point?

Exactly