Double trade down Draft scenario

Estro

I know most fans like to draw up scenarios where the Bills trade up, but I'm of the opposite thinking.  The smart money in the draft is trading down and accumulating additional picks.  More spins on the roulette wheel, so to speak.  And with this post, I've cooked up a dream scenario, 5 players in top 74 picks (a thing of beauty):

Trade 1: 

Raiders get #9 & #112

Bills get #24 & #27

Raiders want to get a QB at 9 after taking a blue chipper at #4

Trade 2:

Texans get #27

Bills get #54 & #55

Texans look to make a major move back into the end of the 1st round to secure an OT after not selecting an OL with their 23rd pick 

This leaves the Bills with picks:

If you like the way the Bills managed FA, then you should also like this setup.  Strength in numbers.....with those 5 picks you're looking at being able to pick up 4-5 players that could possibly start or contribute heavily in 2019.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Estro said:

I know most fans like to draw up scenarios where the Bills trade up, but I'm of the opposite thinking.  The smart money in the draft is trading down and accumulating additional picks.  More spins on the roulette wheel, so to speak.  And with this post, I've cooked up a dream scenario, 5 players in top 74 picks (a thing of beauty):

Trade 1: 

Raiders get #9 & #112

Bills get #24 & #27

Trade 2:

Texans get #27

Bills get #54 & #55

Texans look to make a major move back into the end of the 1st round to secure an OT after not selecting an OL with their 23rd pick 

If you like the way the Bills managed FA, then you should also like this setup.  Strength in numbers.....with those 5 picks you're looking at being able to pick up 4-5 players that could possibly start or contribute heavily in 2019.

I like it, but I don’t think Beane will trade down twice.   Those Texans picks are pretty late in the second, too.  IMO, he’s more likely to trade back from 9, then package later picks to trade up into the late first or to get another second.  It’s probably all going to depend on who’s available at 9, which is how it should be.

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t think buffalo needs more picks, they don’t have a ton of room on there roster.  I’d rather see Buffalo stay at 9, get an immediate impact player, then look to get another solid player in the 2nd, then trade back into the 2nd to get another.  We don’t need fillers.  We have a lot of depth.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

We are gunna trade up...

Nah... we are gunna trade down I tell ya!!

Most likely they just pick someone at 9..

12 more days .. we’ll get there..I think..

I getcha, but given the last two years, I think that picking at 9 is the LEAST likely scenario... which also makes it the... most likely? Ok, I'm just gonna tune in in 12 days and find out

3 hours ago, frogger said:

I don’t think buffalo needs more picks, they don’t have a ton of room on there roster.  I’d rather see Buffalo stay at 9, get an immediate impact player, then look to get another solid player in the 2nd, then trade back into the 2nd to get another.  We don’t need fillers.  We have a lot of depth.

They need a starter at TE, OLB, DT, and maybe WR and RT.  I would love four picks in the first three rounds and coming away with at least one pass catcher and two pass rushers

15 hours ago, Estro said:

Trade 1: 

Raiders get #9 & #112

Bills get #24 & #27

Trade 2:

Texans get #27

Bills get #54 & #55

That is a plausible scenario with fair compensation. With most holes filled in FA though,  I would rather have fewer greater impact players than more lesser impact players.

Prior to FA I would have jumped at the plan you have outlined. 

Trade down with Carolina to get their two third round picks- Bills move down from #9 to 16 and get Carolina 77 and 100.

Trade up with Seattle to get pick #21 by giving them our 2nd (74) and the two Carolina 77 & 100 picks. 

Take the best OL/TE and DL/Edge with pick #16 and 21.

Still leaves you with a 3rd two 4ths, two 5ths for RB, WR, and whatever positions you didn't fill in round 1.

Edited by joevan