Sweet Spots for Trade up during Draft

I think the 2 players who are 'cultural fits' for the Bills are Jonah Williams and Christian Wilkins. These 2 players seem to offer the leadership and intangibles that Beane/McDermott want.

I think they both offer value in the picks 12 to 21 range. Perhaps a small trade down from 9, get an additional 2nd rounder and trade back into the first. I assume Wilkins will be the first pick. 

Both are safe and steady picks but Jonah's best shot to start in my opinion is at RG where he can beat out Long. Potentially there is a 3 player LT competition in camp. 

I've been thinking about this scenario a lot and I think it's something Beane will consider given the movement in the past 2 drafts.  The combination of Oliver and Fant excites me the most.  Fant would give us a weapon with size and I feel like he has less question marks than any of the WR's with size available in the late 1st - mid 2nd.  We could also use our 2 4th's to move into the back end of the 3rd if another player we're high on falls, whether it be RB, WR, Oline, or Edge.  With all the free agent additions it would be extremely unlikely for 10 rookies to make the team so why not try and add higher end talent. 

5 minutes ago, Canuck204 said:

I've been thinking about this scenario a lot and I think it's something Beane will consider given the movement in the past 2 drafts.  The combination of Oliver and Fant excites me the most.  Fant would give us a weapon with size and I feel like he has less question marks than any of the WR's with size available in the late 1st - mid 2nd.  We could also use our 2 4th's to move into the back end of the 3rd if another player we're high on falls, whether it be RB, WR, Oline, or Edge.  With all the free agent additions it would be extremely unlikely for 10 rookies to make the team so why not try and add higher end talent. 

I read somewhere that Fant has had a lot of drops. Is this true /

Let’s talk OL seeing we have a lot there. 

Morse - Contract mocks him In for this year. 

Nsekhe- Contract says makes the team

Dawkins - Not going anywhere but savings if cut 

Waddle - Can be cut with a savings 

McDermott - Can be cut at a savings 

Long - Signed this year can be Cut this year at a cap savings 

Bodine - Can be cut at a cap savings. 

Feliceno - Can be cut but. A small cap hit if so 

Ducasse can and will be cut

Spain - can be cut this year at a cap savings

Sirles - Can be cut at savings

Teller - Same

Boetringer - Same 

so out out of ALL the OL there really is 2 that cannot be moved on after camp at a savings. 1 that is a wash (Same dead as current hit) 

so yeah Keep the picks and add talent. I could do the same for WR as well. 

22 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Andre Dillard at 9 is a fireable offense.  He's a late 1st, early 2nd round prospect that is NOT worth the 9th pick, or the 11th pick as Joe B thinks in his latest mock.

Charley Casserly calls Dillard “the best pass blocking left tackle in the draft” among other things.

10 hours ago, custcarcen said:

Charley Casserly calls Dillard “the best pass blocking left tackle in the draft” among other things.

Casserly is beyond his expiration date, he just babbles anymore.  I don't think I'd assign any value to his draft or game day analysis.

On 4/14/2019 at 4:10 AM, Formerly Allan in MD said:

I think they'd trade a two or three if they can get someone they truly want.

I don't.

But what's sure is that if you look at last year, Beane's only year in harness, they didn't do anything to make anyone think so. They had a ton of picks to start. And even after the trades, they left themselves with at least one pick in every round except the 2nd, but they had two in the first. If they do something this year where they move up while leaving themselves nothing in an early round, it'll be the first time.