transplantbillsfan

Disney streaming service comes November 12th... what are you looking forward to?

About 20 years ago we were at Disneyland when the ride Splash Mountain was new.  It had an easy 2hr line to get to the ride.  I asked my wife, how many people here in line have any idea the theme of this ride?  No way to answer that, BUT!!!!!  Zipaadeedooah!

8 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

About 20 years ago we were at Disneyland when the ride Splash Mountain was new.  It had an easy 2hr line to get to the ride.  I asked my wife, how many people here in line have any idea the theme of this ride?  No way to answer that, BUT!!!!!  Zipaadeedooah!

The way things are nowadays, Disney has probably found a way to display and monetize ‘Flash Mountain’.  No, that is not a typo.

7 hours ago, shrader said:

Your definition of "recent years" is very interesting.  Earlier you said movies from the last decade or so and then included Godfather 2 (1974).  Now you've just included 2007, 1995, 2007 again, 2006, 1995 again, a wide widow for Tarantino, and 1998 all as recent.  I'm also not trying to pick a fight here, but I find it interesting.  I think all to often we think of a movie as recent only to realize that it came out longer ago than we realize.  Nothing on your list outside of the most recent Tarantino stuff is younger than 10 years.

Yeah maybe my first post was a little unclear.  I should have said in the last couple decades or since I was out of college.  All good either way.  

Despite my lack of care for Disney and affiliated productions, I will probably end up subscribing due to the GF.  

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The way things are nowadays, Disney has probably found a way to display and monetize ‘Flash Mountain’.  No, that is not a typo.

You're right!  They take your picture, when your log/boat comes down that last big hill.  It got the name Flash Mountain because many of the women used to raise their tops for the picture.  I, on the other hand, had both hands locked around whatever bar device was there.

If Crystal Beach had that, maybe they'd still be there?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I, on the other hand, had both hands locked around whatever bar device was there.

TWSS...

On 4/17/2019 at 8:09 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

TWSS...

Having grown up in Buffalo, during the 50's, I always looked forward to watching Disneyland.  Always thought no way I'd ever get there.  Well I made it in 1970, and it was everything that I had imagined!  Beautiful, clean, nice people etc.  Last time there was late 90's, and the neighborhood had obviously changed, and not for the better!  Now California seems to have declined further!

Just proves the vision of Walt Disney.  He owns so much land in Florida, that there will never be any deteriorating neighborhoods to deal with.