Disney streaming service comes November 12th... what are you looking forward to?

Personally, Tom Hiddleston's Loki is one of my favorite MCU characters in the last decade, so wife and I can't wait for that.

Also really looking forward to the Rogue One spinoff with The Mandalorian.

I hope they get even wider releases with the recent acquisition of Fox, too. I know The Simpson's will now be part of the service.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

48 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Rumor has it the price point will be reasonable, 6 or 7 bucks as opposed to 15-20? I have kids and we pretty much love a lot of Disney. 

They're saying $6.99 at least initially. That absolutely won't last, but that's super cheap for what looks to be at least a handful of potential blockbuster shows.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’m curious if Disney will pull all of its proprietary content from all of the other streaming platforms out there like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon and the like? I also have DirectTV Now, and the Disney Jr channel has “free” on demand content there, and the Disney app also has free content that unlocks with use of the driectTV Now login...wonder how all of that will be changing 

20 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I’m curious if Disney will pull all of its proprietary content from all of the other streaming platforms out there like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon and the like? I also have DirectTV Now, and the Disney Jr channel has “free” on demand content there, and the Disney app also has free content that unlocks with use of the driectTV Now login...wonder how all of that will be changing 

Disney is the majority owner of Hulu, so they will decide what content will go on that platform.  I expect it will be the more adult-skewing stuff, including many of the newly acquired Fox properties. The current contract with Netflix expires this year. Disney will pull all of its content from Netflix. The announcement of the end of their agreement already happened last year. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 4/14/2019 at 4:02 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I think Hulu is owned at least partially by Disney, so they might set up a bundle.

5 hours ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

Disney is the majority owner of Hulu, so they will decide what content will go on that platform.  I expect it will be the more adult-skewing stuff, including many of the newly acquired Fox properties. The current contract with Netflix expires this year. Disney will pull all of its content from Netflix. The announcement of the end of their agreement already happened last year. 

What he said :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

7 dollars is genius.  

Its a price point that is almost a no brainer for most people.  Slowly increase it.  Profits

Not good news for Netflix as they just increased their standard price to $13/month to help pay down some of its debt.  I can see a lot of parents switching from Netflix to Disney plus.

On 4/12/2019 at 11:54 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Also really looking forward to the Rogue One spinoff with The Mandalorian.

That's not the Rogue One spin-off. The Mandalorian is its own story set about 5-10 years after The Last Jedi. It'll be like a space western.

The Rogue One spin-off is a spy series centered around Cassian and K2-SO.

I'm much more interested in The Mandalorian, but I'll give the other a shot, of course.

I read that Disney+ will offer a year subscription for $70. That's $5.83/month.

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

That's not the Rogue One spin-off. The Mandalorian is its own story set about 5-10 years after The Last Jedi. It'll be like a space western.

The Rogue One spin-off is a spy series centered around Cassian and K2-SO.

I'm much more interested in The Mandalorian, but I'll give the other a shot, of course.

I read that Disney+ will offer a year subscription for $70. That's $5.83/month.

Oh my bad!!!

Wait... so you're telling me that on the new streaming service there are already apparently 2 live action Star Wars series (Mandalorian and the spinoff with Cassian, which I was initially interested in because I loved Rogue One) and 4 live action Marvel series (Scarlet Witch with Vision, Loki prequel, The Falcon and Winter Soldier, and a Hawkeye series... all with the original actors from the MCU movies) that are confirmed and people are questioning this service and price???

Not sure, but wonder how it’ll effect Netflix as Disney pulls its titles away. Free to Air in Australia is still a big deal. I can’t recall the last time I watched regular TV. But watching Netflix less too. So it’ll end up being m’eh. Foxtel- cable is too $ to be worth it unless you buy sports or a nuts on the Kardashian’s.

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Oh my bad!!!

Wait... so you're telling me that on the new streaming service there are already apparently 2 live action Star Wars series (Mandalorian and the spinoff with Cassian, which I was initially interested in because I loved Rogue One) and 4 live action Marvel series (Scarlet Witch with Vision, Loki prequel, The Falcon and Winter Soldier, and a Hawkeye series... all with the original actors from the MCU movies) that are confirmed and people are questioning this service and price???

Yes...

What are people questioning? All I've heard is positive anticipation for the service itself.