Face Of The Franchise: Josh Allen signing autographs

Nobody seemed to believe us Wyoming fans when we told people he's the genuine article.  A lot were just focused on his passing stats.  I'm biased, of course, but the Bills got the best QB in the draft both from a football and overall decent human being standpoint.  He is the face of the franchise.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, The Virginian said:

Nobody seemed to believe us Wyoming fans when we told people he's the genuine article.  A lot were just focused on his passing stats.  I'm biased, of course, but the Bills got the best QB in the draft both from a football and overall decent human being standpoint.  He is the face of the franchise.

I was in the camp that wanted Rosen. You Wyoming guys are a big part of what convinced me to relax and keep an open mind about Allen, and after year one I couldn't be happier. You just have to love the guy, I'm really hoping he can put it all together on the field for us in the next few years. Thanks for talking us off the ledge on draft day last year. 

• Like (+1) 2

This will be posted in ever Josh Allen thread.

It is funny, but it also helps illustrate how your can cherry pick statistics to make any player like better or worse than they actually are.

I love Allen as our QB and am absolutely thrilled with what he's shown both on and off the field.

What you see in this this video, and what you see with your own two eyes actually WATCHING him play football, all the little "non-football" things, between and during plays, the way he acts on the sideline, instead of just analyzing his numbers, is where the "analytics crowd" fails.

These numbers-nerds sit behind a computer screen and take advanced stats as gospel, as the only thing that matters, above all else.

Advanced stats tell us things like Brett favre was overrated, that Derek Jeter was a poor short stop, that tyrod Taylor was a great QB.

There isn't a coach, GM, or manager in the league who actually thinks tyrod was a great QB, but these analytics clowns called him one day in and day out.

Analytics and stats are a great tool, but aren't the only thing you should use to evaluate a player, just like a hammer isn't the only tool you need to build a house.

These are the same fools at PFF saying the bills need to draft a QB at #9 because Allen sucks so there's no reason to build the offense.

When I watch this kid on and off the field he just has "it"

He has that special something you don't see every day, that you can't teach, that you can't gauge from a box score or a play analysis.

That child-like exuberance for the game, that competitiveness, that fire that you don't see every day.

I'm glad he's our QB.

Go Allen.

Go BUFFALO.

received_304921780179134.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

Seems like a really good guy. Reminds me of when I go to see the local single-A level baseball team here - the first stop for a lot of the guys in their quest to play MLB - the kids are all asking for autographs at batting practice before the game and you're not sure who is more excited - the kid who got an autograph or the young player who was asked for an autograph - it's really cool to watch.

Living near Boston this has been my issue with Tom Brady - for as great as he is as a player, he's just not that type of community guy. He's never out with the fans, he's never around - he's either holed up in his huge house here or off to California whenever he can. I get it - he's a pretty private guy and I'm not saying he's a bad guy at all, he's just not as friendly and outgoing as someone I would want as the face of the franchise - I really like what I see from Allen and when he has performance accolade under his belt (personal stats, playoff wins) it's only going to get better....

My whole entire opinion of Josh Allen is this:

-A great community guy that fits a smaller city that loves Rocky-esque heroes

-Jim Kelly talent and confidence without the early arrogance

-Put up really solid rookie numbers with a team that had little offensive talent

-He's been a cold weather quarterback for years, and if we get opponents in Buffalo in December as the talent improves, they are toast

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

My whole entire opinion of Josh Allen is this:

-A great community guy that fits a smaller city that loves Rocky-esque heroes

-Jim Kelly talent and confidence without the early arrogance

-Put up really solid rookie numbers with a team that had little offensive talent

-He's been a cold weather quarterback for years, and if we get opponents in Buffalo in December as the talent improves, they are toast

It would be nice to have a team built to win at home in December.. and January. Would be great to be wanting home games late knowing we won’t be stopped.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Analytics and stats are a great tool, but aren't the only thing you should use to evaluate a player, just like a hammer isn't the only tool you need to build a house.

These are the same fools at PFF saying the bills need to draft a QB at #9 because Allen sucks so there's no reason to build the offense.

What's that saying.....if all you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail...or a thumb.....or a thumbnail.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Humble, yet oozing baller confidence? This kid is the real deal. Also love that he got one of the kids to give him an autograph—that’s a man of the people right there. 

...first and foremost, humility and respect for the sport (some mighty titans have paved the way)....somebody posted here about his well grounded upbringing which was blue collar eloquent.....kid respects his team and the fans......he is the epitome of "no guts no glory...no bawls no blue chips" probably to a fault....needs to be our long term franchise guy versus a quick exit on a gurney...kudos to McBeane for surrounding him with protection and weapons so far (10 picks and more FA $$ available), which should starch the shorts of the "Fire McBeane Now" gang.....as if I care...up to this point, we sure as hell seem better off with McBeane/McDermott versus 17 years of "F Troop" running the show.....as they say in Mizzou, "show me " once the 2019 green flag is waved...stay tuned......

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1