Packers HOF Great Forrest Gregg Passes Away at 85

GreggTX

33 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sad news......one helluva ball player......Gregg and Kramer on the right side were a pretty formidable duo....

Indeed. More than any other duo (Hornung/Taylor, Starr/Dowler, Nitchke/Brown) these two put their Coach’s name on the Super Bowl trophy.

R.I.P. Mr. Gregg.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Indeed. More than any other duo (Hornung/Taylor, Starr/Dowler, Nitchke/Brown) these two put their Coach’s name on the Super Bowl trophy.

R.I.P. Mr. Gregg.

...agree bud...you don't have 60,000+ on the season ticket waiting list with out the envious lore of the Pack.....only way to move up is if somebody dies ahead of you...seriously?.....

• Like (+1) 1

Have gotten to know three of his players from the Bengals Super Bowl XVI team through the years (Ross Browner, Gary Burley, Reggie Williams)...they loved him as a coach.  Lombardi called him the finest player he ever coached.  Both great legacies.

14 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Wow I thought Bart Starr was next. He looked awful last time he was on tv

By WBAY Staff | 
Posted: Wed 10:04 PM, Jan 09, 2019

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) -- Green Bay Packers legend Bart Starr is celebrating his 85th birthday. Starr was born Jan. 9, 1934, in Montgomery, Alabama.

On this milestone day for No. 15, Action 2 News talked with Starr's son, Bart Starr Jr.

The Hall of Fame quarterback is making tremendous strides after some serious health issues.

"Given all he's been through, the fact that we're here talking about him having that milestone makes us full of gratitude," says Bart Starr Jr. "And we had an early celebration at his favorite Mexican restaurant on Saturday, and then we're going to have a little follow up one with some cake and a few things later today, so we're going to celebrate long and hard."

Starr has had some health set backs in recent years. In 2014, he suffered two strokes and a heart attack. His recovery has included stem cell treatment and working with a trainer.

"He's begun to recall some things that might seem mundane to most individuals but he was not able to remember up until maybe three or six months ago," Starr says. "That just fills our hearts with joy to know that he was able to have the kind of year that we hoped he would but were not sure that he would."

Three times a week -- including Wednesday on his birthday -- Starr is in the gym working on his balance and motor skills. Bart Jr. says simple daily tasks the strokes had taken away he's doing again.

• Like (+1) 3

21 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sad news......one helluva ball player......Gregg and Kramer on the right side were a pretty formidable duo....

With today's poor officiating, I wonder if his "seal off blocks" would be considered a chop block in today's NFL.

• Like (+1) 2