Star Wars - The Rise Of Skywalker

Just Jack

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Hell yeah...

Only thing better would be to speak like Morgan Freeman.....

while doing Shawshank type narration....

"But he did not tell me where to find the plans, so I felt some pity and put him out of his misery." 

Vader choke.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Someone has some splainin to do 

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/28/dark-reys-double-bladed-red-lightsaber-explained-from-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker?amp=1

This lightsaber can be seen as having great symbolic significance to Rey’s character. As we saw in The Last Jedi, Rey is conflicted about her identity. She desires to see her family again but the Force cave shows her nothing but a reflection of herself. Rey is forced to look inward and stare at herself in the mirror, literally and figuratively, to know who she truly is. This act of introspection couldn’t be better represented than with a dual-bladed lightsaber, because as she comes to understand and accept herself, the two sides become one. The staff-like quality of the weapon represents Rey’s past, and the crimson blades represent her future as a Force user. Just like the two parallel blades extend to become a single weapon, so too do those elements merge to create who Rey has chosen to be.

I think it all but solidified the theory that Rey is a clone that got out of the warehouse.

The cave sequence showed her as one of an endless repeating line of Reys. Palpatine or whoever the dark side leader is had commissioned clones before. And the comic dome time ago confirmed that Palpatine implanted/conceived Anakin into his mother. Not a stretch to be able to commission clones that are force-sensitive.

• 1 month later...

Regarding light sabers: light travels infinitely, so what makes the "blade" stop where it does, after only a few feet?  It's a major conceptual flaw.  

And when you consider that the light blade has no mass, all of the traditional problems of having a really long blade would be eliminated, while maintaining the big advantage of extra reach.

I.E., why aren't the blades on light sabers like 5 miles long?  Or at least 100 feet?

Why would you limit your reach to a conventional 30" blade or whatever?

And if you're Yoda, why would you want a cute little baby sized saber?

He needs a long blade more than any of them!

14 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Regarding light sabers: light travels infinitely, so what makes the "blade" stop where it does, after only a few feet?  It's a major conceptual flaw.   What makes the Millennium Falcon Hyper drive work?

And when you consider that the light blade has no mass, all of the traditional problems of having a really long blade would be eliminated, while maintaining the big advantage of extra reach.

I.E., why aren't the blades on light sabers like 5 miles long?  Or at least 100 feet?  That would be so easy to use in a crowd

Why would you limit your reach to a conventional 30" blade or whatever? See Above

And if you're Yoda, why would you want a cute little baby sized saber? This might be your only good point

57 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Regarding light sabers: light travels infinitely, so what makes the "blade" stop where it does, after only a few feet?  It's a major conceptual flaw.  

I.E., why aren't the blades on light sabers like 5 miles long?  Or at least 100 feet?

Why would you limit your reach to a conventional 30" blade or whatever?

And if you're Yoda, why would you want a cute little baby sized saber?

Yeah, it's just the light sabers than make Star Wars unbelievable...

On 10/22/2019 at 7:33 AM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

wait what 1:51???? 

You know what throws me off the most in that shot?  He's wearing the mask.  They've pretty much completely moved away from that thing at this point.  Anyway, that trailer gives me a sibling vibe for those two.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

You know what throws me off the most in that shot?  He's wearing the mask.  They've pretty much completely moved away from that thing at this point.  Anyway, that trailer gives me a sibling vibe for those two.

I can see that   but ...  Leah would know if Rey was her daughter 

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

that was the premise of Luke and Leah     Would they actually repeat that in the storyline? 

Luke and Leah were left in good hands ..  Rey was abandoned No?  

Pretty much all of JJ Abrams' movie was a repeat of storylines and this one is him again.  So I wouldn't be surprised if we see a bit more of that.  Just bringing back Palpatine fits into that.  By the way, I really wish they had held back on any reference to him in each of the trailers.  It could have been a huge surprise.

But anyway, could they hide knowledge of a twin from Leia the way they did with Anakin?  I'm sure it's much tougher to do with a mother, but I wonder if they could try it.  Then Luke "abandons" her but keeps a eye from the distance Obiwan-style.  That doesn't really mesh well with his portrayal in the Last Jedi, but maybe after he lost his way, he lost track of her.  Who knows.

7 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

that was the premise of Luke and Leah     Would they actually repeat that in the storyline? 

Some of the premise of other stuff was repeats of previous storylines so it's possible. And no one's really sure what happened to Rey as a child, she may have been left in what was believed to be in good hands then something else happened and she ended up in a bad situation? The background of the Rey character has always been a mystery

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The Force Awakens was the same story as A New Hope only with different dialogue, so yeah. They would.

16 hours ago, shrader said:

Lots of visions in last two movies.  Could just be that.