Star Wars - The Rise Of Skywalker

Just Jack

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

uhhh  Does RED = bad? 

IIRC natural light sabre crystals give a blue or green color (unless you're samuel l jackson).  the jedi controlled to crystal mines so the sith had to synthesize their own crystals, which had a red hue

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Might be a vision/dream.

Red does equal bad, but Rey represents the convergence of light and dark, the end of "Jedi" and "Sith", the grey.

I think she kills Kylo and she makes a new light saber. For force users, making your own saber means you've reached the peak of your abilities.

Some are speculating that there's a significant time jump in this film; 10-15 years. The other two series had time jumps, but this one hasn't yet.

I think you might just be a Star Wars nerd..... not that there is anything wrong with that :D 

On 8/26/2019 at 6:15 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

uhhh  Does RED = bad?  

Or a "teaser" making you think she went bad?  

This can't be the final chapter if she turns evil.    

I had brought up the thought of what if Rey turns to the dark side, to my friends before.

Who knows? I'm ready for this.

I also do not believe that this will be the "End" of this story. I think they will just give it a break, move on to other projects, then come back to it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/26/2019 at 10:02 AM, LeGOATski said:

Might be a vision/dream.

Red does equal bad, but Rey represents the convergence of light and dark, the end of "Jedi" and "Sith", the grey.

I think she kills Kylo and she makes a new light saber. For force users, making your own saber means you've reached the peak of your abilities.

Some are speculating that there's a significant time jump in this film; 10-15 years. The other two series had time jumps, but this one hasn't yet.

She already made her own saber--the white/blue one she has in the first trailer.  The one she was using was destroyed at the end of Episode 8.

And yes, I think there will be some type of time jump.

23 hours ago, /dev/null said:

IIRC natural light sabre crystals give a blue or green color (unless you're samuel l jackson).  the jedi controlled to crystal mines so the sith had to synthesize their own crystals, which had a red hue

Not that the canon really matters anymore, but kyber crystals can supposedly be any color.  In some of the book lore, the color of a saber corresponded to the "mission" of the Jedi:

Blue for guardians

Green for counselors

Yellow for scholars

Purple for those who'd experienced moral uncertainty from being tempted by the dark side

And I still want to know where Anakin comes in

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Not that the canon really matters anymore, but kyber crystals can supposedly be any color.  In some of the book lore, the color of a saber corresponded to the "mission" of the Jedi:

Blue for guardians

Green for counselors

Yellow for scholars

Purple for those who'd experienced moral uncertainty from being tempted by the dark side

And then there's the SWTOR universe in which your color crystal is only dependent upon which option you select after giving EA money

8 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I had brought up the thought of what if Rey turns to the dark side, to my friends before.

I also do not believe that this will be the "End" of this story. I think they will just give it a break, move on to other projects, then come back to it. 

Well they claim that this is it for the 'Skywalker Trilogy' series and everything else will be new stuff from other parts of the galaxy.....

Someone has some splainin to do 

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/28/dark-reys-double-bladed-red-lightsaber-explained-from-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker?amp=1

This lightsaber can be seen as having great symbolic significance to Rey’s character. As we saw in The Last Jedi, Rey is conflicted about her identity. She desires to see her family again but the Force cave shows her nothing but a reflection of herself. Rey is forced to look inward and stare at herself in the mirror, literally and figuratively, to know who she truly is. This act of introspection couldn’t be better represented than with a dual-bladed lightsaber, because as she comes to understand and accept herself, the two sides become one. The staff-like quality of the weapon represents Rey’s past, and the crimson blades represent her future as a Force user. Just like the two parallel blades extend to become a single weapon, so too do those elements merge to create who Rey has chosen to be.

On 8/27/2019 at 3:53 PM, Mark Vader said:

I don't think you have to worry about that. There's no chance that Disney makes their heroine evil. At best you might get her "going bad" very briefly to undermine the First Order from the other side or something.

More likely IMO, this is just a vision seen through the eyes of Kylo or a test for herself similar to when Luke saw himself as Vader.

2 hours ago, GG said:

From the worst acting school in history?

It does make me wonder though.  If you you were forced to permanently wear a mask, but it gave you the voice of James Earl Jones, would you do it?

• Haha (+1) 2