Star Wars - The Rise Of Skywalker

Just Jack

16 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

use the following 

[    Spoiler    ] 

w/o spaces and it gets hidden 

Reveal hidden contents

its easy 

Thanks. I couldn't figure out how to do that, try as I might. Appreciate it.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Metal Man said:

This movie connects much more directly to Force Awakens than Last Jedi which makes sense seeing JJ is back at the helm. I enjoyed the new movie but I can see why it will be divisive. JJ spends a lot of time trying to steer the ship back into his direction and I thought the narrative suffers a bit. 

It is almost like he had to squeeze two movies into this one and as a result the first 45 minutes are like watching something on fast forward.

All that being said it was a fun movie and I'd think most old school Star Wars fans will at least be satisfied with it if not over the top in love with it.

I am interested to start seeing more of the fan takes. The critics are pretty useless these days as a gauge as they all seem to have some kind of an agenda.

I agree with this take.  

PS I despised the Last Jedi

11 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Absolutely!

While we are on this subject, who gets credit for "Rogue One"? Gareth Edwards?

Gareth Edwards and Tony Gilroy, as he did a little more that the usual second-unit director does, I think. 

I'd love it if they let Gareth Edwards do something else in the Star Wars universe. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

I'm happy with the series as long as pretend the only movies are:

1. Rouge One (This one blew me away. )
  2. Star Wars (So much fun)
  3. Empire Strikes Back (Best movie)
  4. Return of the Jedi (minus the Ewoks - has flaws but satisfying "conclusion")

Phantom - Just Bad

Attack of the Clones - Unwatchable

Revenge of the Sith - Have never watched it. 

Solo - Dull story. 

Awakes - A near copy of Star Wars (off to a bad start)

Last Jedi - Incomprehensible. 

Skywalker - I think I'll pass. 

I mean if you're going to watch 2 out of 3 of the prequels you should definitely of watched Revenge of the Sith it's easily the best of the 3.

As for Rise of Skywalker I liked the overall story but there is definitely plenty of stupid ***** in it.

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean if you're going to watch 2 out of 3 of the prequels you should definitely of watched Revenge of the Sith it's easily the best of the 3.

As for Rise of Skywalker I liked the overall story but there is definitely plenty of stupid ***** in it.

But you can find stupid ***** in pretty much all of the movies. The difference is that everyone has put the originals on such a high pedestal thinking they are perfection and nothing will come close to them. Meanwhile they are just as flawed.

Thanks SSG, I didn't know how to use spoilers in here either.

Here's a few things I didn't like:

Palpatine:

"Kill me Rey!"

5 minutes later,

"I'll kill you Rey!"

"(shouting) I AM THE SPY!!!!!" :lol::lol::lol:

Best unintentional laugh since Conan The Barbarian, "Contemplate that on the tree of woe!"

Putting Keri Russell in a Star Wars movie & don't show her face, wtf. :thumbdown:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Thanks SSG, I didn't know how to use spoilers in here either.

Here's a few things I didn't like:

Hide contents

Palpatine:

"Kill me Rey!"

5 minutes later,

"I'll kill you Rey!"

"(shouting) I AM THE SPY!!!!!" :lol::lol::lol:

Best unintentional laugh since Conan The Barbarian, "Contemplate that on the tree of woe!"

Putting Keri Russell in a Star Wars movie & don't show her face, wtf. :thumbdown:

I don't think the last one is really a spoiler, people knew she was in it, I found the character kind of pointless and not necessary unless trying to fit in another female to try and win over female fans

Loved it. And am a fanboy of the series. 

People going in with knives will use them on anything. If you go in as the kid you might have been in 1977 of when you first saw it, you will love it. 

A fun movie and satisfying end to the 9 movie canon. 

Edited by Sundancer

17 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

That was a good movie by itself. I just wish the whole trilogy was more cohesive.

After TLJ had too little plot development, this one had too much. They never took time to relish the moments.

I was surprised that it wasnt longer, then they could have expanded on a few things. Endgame was over 3 hours, I'm sure Star Wars fans wouldn't have had a problem with a 3 hour finale

Oh wait, I forgot, we are talking about Star wars fans, they would have then complained the movie was too long and dragged on

Edited by apuszczalowski

19 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Ask a ten year old.Bet they loved it. Just like the 6 year old me loved The originals. 

Adults need to find their inner kid. The movie was great fun!

The fan score is fine on Rotten Tomatoes. My eyebrows raise when the fan score is so different from the critics score. To me, it indicates that there's a major disconnect or an agenda going on. Or that the film is just a cult classic. TLJ and TROS obviously aren't in cult classic territory yet. You could say that Star Wars, as a whole series, is cult classic but critics and fans are aligned on all the other movies. It's just these last two Skywalker Saga entries that are inconsistent.

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The fan score is fine on Rotten Tomatoes. My eyebrows raise when the fan score is so different from the critics score. To me, it indicates that there's a major disconnect or an agenda going on. Or that the film is just a cult classic. TLJ and TROS obviously aren't in cult classic territory yet. You could say that Star Wars, as a whole series, is cult classic but critics and fans are aligned on all the other movies. It's just these last two Skywalker Saga entries that are inconsistent.

Watched The Phantom Menace tonight with the family. It was way way way more fun than I remembered. It gets a bad rap.