Star Wars - The Rise Of Skywalker

Just Jack

Overall, it was a fairly underwhelming conclusion the to 10 'skywalker' movie series, but it needs to end.  The 3-front war at the end of Return of the Jedi was a much better climax/conflict/resolution than this.  Not a bad star wars movie overall though, but when I think of it in a light of concluding the whole thing... it leaves me disappointed.

I just wish we could have seen the continuity with Abrams piloting all 3 movies.  The Last Jedi was a complete derailment it seems.  I still cant figure out why they just didnt allow Princess Leia to die early on in The Last Jedi.

Im ready to move on from the whole skywalker/solo thing.  Wouldnt mind some tie-ins and cameos, but overall, need to go elsewhere and start fresh.

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

Overall, it was a fairly underwhelming conclusion the to 10 'skywalker' movie series, but it needs to end.  The 3-front war at the end of Return of the Jedi was a much better climax/conflict/resolution than this.  Not a bad star wars movie overall though, but when I think of it in a light of concluding the whole thing... it leaves me disappointed.

I just wish we could have seen the continuity with Abrams piloting all 3 movies.  The Last Jedi was a complete derailment it seems.  I still cant figure out why they just didnt allow Princess Leia to die early on in The Last Jedi.

Im ready to move on from the whole skywalker/solo thing.  Wouldnt mind some tie-ins and cameos, but overall, need to go elsewhere and start fresh.

I've enjoyed all of the movies, but I have to agree with you; it's run its course and time to move on.

3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I agree. Now that this has run its’ course I’m hopeful Star Wars can go in a new and interesting direction. 

This one was ok. I had some fun watching it, but thought that a lot (especially the end) was extremely cheesy. This trilogy just never connected with me, glad it’s over. 

I’m still hoping they do something in the era of the old republic. Used to love the KOTOR video games.

Edited by Rockpile233

12 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I'm not as critical as others may be(after all IMO it's just about being entertained)...I have to say it was a nice wrap to a 43 year old saga which began for me at the long gone Holiday 1 & 2.

Was Holiday 1/2 those two monster screens, (for the time), on Union in Cheektowaga?

I was too young to remember where I saw the original Star Wars but I saw Aliens and Pulp Fiction on those big Holiday screens. You couldn't beat the experience of that place back in the day.

1 minute ago, Metal Man said:

Was Holiday 1/2 those two monster screens, (for the time), on Union in Cheektowaga?

I was too young to remember where I saw the original Star Wars but I saw Aliens and Pulp Fiction on those big Holiday screens. You couldn't beat the experience of that place back in the day.

Yep.  They were right where the strip plaza is near the Holiday Showcase restaurant.  The Holiday 3-6 were back in the area where Bed, Bath & Beyond and Sam's Club are now.

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Yep.  They were right where the strip plaza is near the Holiday Showcase restaurant.  The Holiday 3-6 were back in the area where Bed, Bath & Beyond and Sam's Club are now.

That's right. I remember the back ones now too. As a teenager it was always those, Galleria or Thruway Mall theaters for me and my friends when we went to the movies.

I remember that restaurant too and seem to recall a tornado actually touching ground there and messing it up back in the early 90s.

57 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I'm not as critical as others may be(after all IMO it's just about being entertained)...I have to say it was a nice wrap to a 43 year old saga which began for me at the long gone Holiday 1 & 2.

There's where I saw it too. That was THE place for movies at the time.  

• Like (+1) 1