Star Wars - The Rise Of Skywalker

Just Jack

Still trying to figure out why Disney didn’t build Hoth or tatooine instead of galaxy’s edge? That would be like warner brothers making fantastic beasts zoo instead of hogwarts. Disney has really screwed up the Star Wars universe and fan base 

7 hours ago, major said:

Still trying to figure out why Disney didn’t build Hoth or tatooine instead of galaxy’s edge? That would be like warner brothers making fantastic beasts zoo instead of hogwarts. Disney has really screwed up the Star Wars universe and fan base 

I can see the argument but I was just there last week and thought it was pretty damn cool. 

32 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I have a hard time believing that one.  I can't picture them trying to draw a fight scene from 63 year old Carrie Fisher.  Yeah, I know, CGI, but still, it was never going to work.

10 hours ago, shrader said:

I have a hard time believing that one.  I can't picture them trying to draw a fight scene from 63 year old Carrie Fisher.  Yeah, I know, CGI, but still, it was never going to work.

They did it with Alec Guinness in the original. Go watch his fight with Vader and see how plain it looks compared to some of the later films. 

11 hours ago, Just Jack said:

They did it with Alec Guinness in the original. Go watch his fight with Vader and see how plain it looks compared to some of the later films. 

Yeah, I figured he would be mentioned.  But you're right, those initial fights are just him and Vader standing still.  That's not going to mesh with the style they've been going with for a while now.  Anything they would have done with Carrie probably would have been completely stunt double/CGI and I can't picture it looking any good.

10 minutes ago, shrader said:

Yeah, I figured he would be mentioned.  But you're right, those initial fights are just him and Vader standing still.  That's not going to mesh with the style they've been going with for a while now.  Anything they would have done with Carrie probably would have been completely stunt double/CGI and I can't picture it looking any good.

But would it look good if she was wearing her Jabba's Lair Return of the Jedi outfit?

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

But would it look good if she was wearing her Jabba's Lair Return of the Jedi outfit?

There are so many disturbing comments I can make right now, but I won't do it.

• 3 weeks later...

https://babylonbee.com/news/rise-of-skywalker-to-introduce-first-lesbian-at-at

HOLLYWOOD, CA—During a recent interview with Out And Proud Magazine, Rise of Skywalker director J.J. Abrams hinted that the hotly-anticipated 9th installment of the Star Wars saga would include more clear LGBTQ representation, in the form of a lesbian AT-AT.

—yes it’s a joke article—

Edited by Just Jack
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Just Jack said:

https://babylonbee.com/news/rise-of-skywalker-to-introduce-first-lesbian-at-at

HOLLYWOOD, CA—During a recent interview with Out And Proud Magazine, Rise of Skywalker director J.J. Abrams hinted that the hotly-anticipated 9th installment of the Star Wars saga would include more clear LGBTQ representation, in the form of a lesbian AT-AT.

—yes it’s a joke article—

There was a recent article talking about the relationship between Finn and Poe and how they should have made them a couple. It does mention that there are 'non-hetero' characters that were added. I just assumed they were gonna finally announce what we have all known for years about C3PO......

11 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

There was a recent article talking about the relationship between Finn and Poe and how they should have made them a couple. It does mention that there are 'non-hetero' characters that were added. I just assumed they were gonna finally announce what we have all known for years about C3PO......

And the Han Solo movie opened the door for human-droid sexual relations, so...

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back

I can't believe Chewie is really Reys Dad

And then there was that weird part near the middle where they just played the star wars christmas movie

But what was really shocking is how Ironman is revived and comes back to save the Rebellion from Thanos!

Edited by apuszczalowski
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Please refrain from posting spoilers for about a week, or use the SPOILER option when posting. 

Would adding (No Spoilers, Please) to the end of the thread title help?  Or would it just be troll bait?  I'm probably not going to see this until 12/26 or 12/27.

9 hours ago, Rico said:

I saw the first showing in Dolby tonight, not a fan of this one at all, and I was one (of the few?) who enjoyed Last Jedi. I'll give it another shot though over the holidays, but right now, worst of the final 3 for me.

EMKEwTLWsAATHY6.jpeg