Star Wars - The Rise Of Skywalker

Just Jack

1 minute ago, Rockpile233 said:

Let’s tease this Snoke character, get people talking, and then kill him off before even developing it enough for the audience to care.

Cheap shock and awe at its’ finest.

This is the one thing I hated the most.  Might as well had him slip on a banana peel and die.

I really did not like The Last Jedi for all the reasons hashed about many-a-time.  And I am not a hyper-critical star wars nerd or anything.  In fact, I have defended the prequel trilogy in the past and I did not hate them.

5 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Let’s tease this Snoke character, get people talking, and then kill him off before even developing it enough for the audience to care.

Cheap shock and awe at its’ finest.

That is such a disappointing character and one of many low-lights in The Last Jedi 

2 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

This is the one thing I hated the most.  Might as well had him slip on a banana peel and die.

I really did not like The Last Jedi for all the reasons hashed about many-a-time.  And I am not a hyper-critical star wars nerd or anything.  In fact, I have defended the prequel trilogy in the past and I did not hate them.

Agree. I am not a super fan, just thought this was poorly developed after a pretty decent (although a little too safe) episode VII.

I’ll still eventually see episode IX, just not as excited for new Star Wars movies anymore.

12 minutes ago, eball said:

You guys are cracking me up.  I thought Hux was laughable in VII with the ridiculous overacting and all too easy Hitler comparison.

I've always liked that the Star Wars franchise (III-VI) combined a dramatic storyline with lighthearted moments.  I don't see that the trend has changed all that much.

Your argument is that the light-hearted moments were executed well. You're saying the tone was consistent with the rest of the series.

That cracks me up. ?

Honestly, I'm not hard to please and went into ep. VIII with no preconceived notions. That prank call scene made me cringe right away and the movie just got worse after that. It had it's moments, though. 

People like to get all high-and-mighty with their defence of ep. VIII, but just offer up weak straw man arguments. It ruins a good conversation.

1 hour ago, eball said:

You guys are cracking me up.  I thought Hux was laughable in VII with the ridiculous overacting and all too easy Hitler comparison.

That guy just comes off as odd casting to me.  If they were going for a "completely non-threatening bookwoom" look with the role, they nailed it.  Maybe Fran Moff Tarkinton had that feel too back in the day, I don't know.  At least with his age, he looked like he had actually been there before.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, shrader said:

That guy just comes off as odd casting to me.  If they were going for a "completely non-threatening bookwoom" look with the role, they nailed it.  Maybe Fran Moff Tarkinton had that feel too back in the day, I don't know.  At least with his age, he looked like he had actually been there before.

Kylo is kind of the same way. Both have been like a mirror image of each other, the Empire and the Sith. Young guns who are still kind of boyish and certainly wet behind the ears, trying to take control. Neither is the all-around leader that Palpatine or Snoke were. They're each just one half of that leading figure.

Kylo has always been a fake, wearing a mask he doesn't even need. Just trying to be like his uncle. There's still good in him. I'm pretty sure he'll turn to the light side or whatever they're calling the light side now....

1 hour ago, TBBills Fan said:

the real question is, did the original Death Star have contractors on there, just trying to do a job and feed their family?  And if so what is the implication!

Absolutely. Caught in the crossfire. The casualties of war. Kill a few to save many.

• Sad 1

the real question is, did the original Death Star have contractors on there, just trying to do a job and feed their family?  And if so what is the implication!

Did it ever get mentioned in Rogue One? It had Architects who designed it.....

Ot had to have workers to build it, was that the original role of the Stormtroopers?

12 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Did it ever get mentioned in Rogue One? It had Architects who designed it.....

Ot had to have workers to build it, was that the original role of the Stormtroopers?

The Death Star was built by a combination of professional engineers & architects handling the technical details and conscripted/corvee labor doing the grunt work

3 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• 4 months later...
42 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

uhhh  Does RED = bad?  

Or a "teaser" making you think she went bad?  

This can't be the final chapter if she turns evil.    

Might be a vision/dream.

Red does equal bad, but Rey represents the convergence of light and dark, the end of "Jedi" and "Sith", the grey.

I think she kills Kylo and she makes a new light saber. For force users, making your own saber means you've reached the peak of your abilities.

Some are speculating that there's a significant time jump in this film; 10-15 years. The other two series had time jumps, but this one hasn't yet.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Might be a vision/dream.

Red does equal bad, but Rey represents the convergence of light and dark, the end of "Jedi" and "Sith", the grey.

I think she kills Kylo and she makes a new light saber. For force users, making your own saber means you've reached the peak of your abilities.

Some are speculating that there's a significant time jump in this film; 10-15 years. The other two series had time jumps, but this one hasn't yet.

:thumbsup:

and or a training outfit / light saber

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Might be a vision/dream.

Or she’s a clone. 

• Like (+1) 2