DT, Quinnen Williams visiting the Bills

wppete

3 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Joe B's mock from late March had Quinnen falling to 6 and the Bills trading up for him.  If you look at this mock, and the latest one from Joe, I honestly believe that he's either high or he's just trolling Bills fans.

he's definitely trolling

these guys are starting with the premise that we can't use 10 draft picks.   Uh really?   2LB   RB   TE    Edge   IDL    WR  there's 7 right there without even touching Oline or Dbacks.

Is it wrong that I’m afraid of him just because Bama defensive players don’t have great NFL track records? Then I remind myself there are plenty of successful Bama defensive guys in the NFL. I need to get over the scars of Dareus. I’m also completely sold on Oliver at this point which clouds my judgment. 

Edited by SirAndrew

27 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Is it wrong that I’m afraid of him just because Bama defensive players don’t have great NFL track records? Then I remind myself there are plenty of successful Bama defensive guys in the NFL. I need to get over the scars of Dareus. I’m also completely sold on Oliver at this point which clouds my judgment. 

It is not Marcel's talent that has done him in....it is his attitude.

In this area Quinnen might be a polar opposite of Marcel

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

It is not Marcel's talent that has done him in....it is his attitude.

In this area Quinnen might be a polar opposite of Marcel

...based on his NLFN interview, it's a 180 slam dunk....he's no attitude Dareus or Fat Albert Haynesworth......

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

ARIZONA-KYLER MURRAY

SAN FRAN-NICK BOSA

NEW YORK JETS-JOSH ALLEN

OAKLAND RAIDERS-D.K. METCALF/MONTEZ SWEAT/DEVIN WHITE/GREEDY WILLIAMS

TB-DEVIN WHITE OR TRADE OUT

GIANTS-???

Would love to trade up and get Quinnen Williams if he drops past Oakland. We have enough picks to do it and minimal roster spots for our draft 10 draft picks

EDIT: We know for sure Arizona loves Murray, Niners love Bosa and Bucs are in love with Devin White. It's starting to seem like Josh Allen to the Jets is a lock. What are the Raiders going to do? What are the Giants going to do?

9th, 76th and 112th picks is enough for the 6th pick if Quinnen Williams drops

No way is that enough compensation. Jets gave up (3) 2nds (37 and 49) and one this year to move up 3 spots last year. Granted it was 6 to 3 for a QB but you have to think most GMs will use that as the starting point. I'd love to get Williams btw. If Beane pulled that off this board will look to exorcise the witch within him. 

Unless there are some major attitude or motivation issues we're unaware of, I'd love to see Buffalo send a 4th or 5th to TB for Gerald McCoy. Would solve our 3T need for the next few seasons and allow us to concentrate on finding edge rushers and continuing to improve the offense in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Would you give up pick 9 and pick 40 for him?  Tampa would probably trade down from 5 if Williams falls to them.  Tampa could probably still get Devin White at 9 and their GM likes to trade down.  

no. next year ? maybe.

but i would trade every single pick after the 3rd round and next years first to move up for one of the seriously elite players.
if Beane says " make it so"

; )
but he won't.

Might well try to get out of 9 and garner another high quality pick in the first later on.

Think they are still building the foundation this draft

good food for thought from the OP

3 hours ago, TOboy said:

Or they are really interested and want to get a closer look, to determine if he's worth what it'll cost to move up. 

I don't think everyone is done with their boards yet. Still evaluating. 

Everyone is done evaluating -- have been for weeks now. That I can promise you. Short of a major issue like an injury or something unknown coming out, teams know (or, think they know) who these guys are. 

That doesn't mean draft strategy isn't continuing to evolve (which is probably more what you're saying)... I said in another thread that if a couple QBs go higher than expected (which they always do) that it wouldn't be unsurprising for Q to fall to 5 or 6. At that point, Buffalo could absolutely get up to get him...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Adam said:

wow thats a hell of a read and and awesome effort by those folks.
 saying Bills stay at nine , and finding the DT via trade with Tampa for McCoy. I had been wondering if they were watching the birds on the wire for this guy.
if so the rest of the picks make sense. and McD gets giddy with all that D line they have. and the rotations they could run in. Sweat is a fine pick imo and will develop as called out in the cbs link. helluva a mock
thanks for the share Adam 

Strictly off the value chart, the price to get to 5 is a lot more reasonable than some people are suggesting.

9 / 40 / 112 / 181 = 1,938.6 points

5 / 70 = 1,940 points

Moving from the early 2nd to the early 3rd (plus an extra 4th and 6th, we would still have 5 day 3 picks)  to walk out with Williams seems pretty reasonable to me.

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Strictly off the value chart, the price to get to 5 is a lot more reasonable than some people are suggesting.

9 / 40 / 112 / 181 = 1,938.6 points

5 / 70 = 1,940 points

Moving from the early 2nd to the early 3rd (plus an extra 4th and 6th, we would still have 5 day 3 picks)  to walk out with Williams seems pretty reasonable to me.

Actually, if you make it:

9 / 40 / 112 / 158 = 1947.8

5 / 70 / 208 = 1947.8

It's dead even value and we are only "down" 1 pick overall.

14 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Everyone is done evaluating -- have been for weeks now. That I can promise you. Short of a major issue like an injury or something unknown coming out, teams know (or, think they know) who these guys are. 

That doesn't mean draft strategy isn't continuing to evolve (which is probably more what you're saying)... I said in another thread that if a couple QBs go higher than expected (which they always do) that it wouldn't be unsurprising for Q to fall to 5 or 6. At that point, Buffalo could absolutely get up to get him...

Good post and point about evaluating as compared to shifting strategy. such as Gerald M  orZ  Ansah coming on board shifts the " need/BPA Chart " quite a bit.

at five or six you gotta pick up the fun if you love the guy. Hope they know what they are doing this year. FA looks solid so far. How is the College Scouting team ?
not who they had last year btw, scouting the kids.

6 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Actually, if you make it:

9 / 40 / 112 / 158 = 1947.8

5 / 70 / 208 = 1947.8

It's dead even value and we are only "down" 1 pick overall.

would you make it next years pick though ?

we are not picking at nine next year is my suggestion

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Good post and point about evaluating as compared to shifting strategy. such as Gerald M  orZ  Ansah coming on board shifts the " need/BPA Chart " quite a bit.

at five or six you gotta pick up the fun if you love the guy. Hope they know what they are doing this year. FA looks solid so far. How is the College Scouting team ?
not who they had last year btw, scouting the kids.

would you make it next years pick though ?

we are not picking at nine next year is my suggestion

I would give up a 2nd this year over a 1st next year 10 times out of 10.  I've never understood thinking the opposite, seems like incredibly short sighted gambling.

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

I would give up a 2nd this year over a 1st next year 10 times out of 10.  I've never understood thinking the opposite, seems like incredibly short sighted gambling.

it is gambling of sorts.
it i also hopeful about next season Bills W-L column.
wont be 32 but surely wont be nine either.
 and i too would give a second before a first regardless.

but if were this years second over next years second, i want to trade next years as i expect the value to perhaps be less . the risk is on the Tradee imo

7 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

My overly simplified logic to trading next year's 1 vs. this year's 2 is twofold...

1. Call it the "gas pricing" strategy -- just like $2.99.99 will always feel less than $3.00, a first round pick will never not be a first round pick, and a second round pick will never BE a first round pick (so it psychologically, could have at least slightly greater perceived value in trade negotiations -- maybe you can get a 5 back or something because of the number)...

2. This year's picks are already set in stone -- we have the 8th pick in the 2nd round -- that's a valuable (relative to the round). Next year's picks are not. Obviously it' hyperbole, but if Q makes some MASSIVE difference and this team wins the Super Bowl, our first round pick next year is 32 -- not a good pick (relative to the round). Beyond that, with all of our free agency acquisitions, it's not hard to envision our pick at least being middle of the pack next year. Time value of money and all that...

1 minute ago, glazeduck said:

My overly simplified logic to trading next year's 1 vs. this year's 2 is twofold...

1. Call it the "gas pricing" strategy -- just like $2.99.99 will always feel less than $3.00, a first round pick will never not be a first round pick, and a second round pick will never BE a first round pick (so it psychologically, could have at least slightly greater perceived value in trade negotiations -- maybe you can get a 5 back or something because of the number)...

2. This year's picks are already set in stone -- we have the 8th pick in the 2nd round -- that's a valuable (relative to the round). Next year's picks are not. Obviously it' hyperbole, but if Q makes some MASSIVE difference and this team wins the Super Bowl, our first round pick next year is 32 -- not a good pick (relative to the round). Beyond that, with all of our free agency acquisitions, it's not hard to envision our pick at least being middle of the pack next year. Time value of money and all that...

Yes.  Time value of money.  Best case our 2nd this year is roughly equal to our 1st next year due to the time value of money.  Worst case, we traded a top ~5 pick instead of the 40th pick.

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Yes.  Time value of money.  Best case our 2nd this year is roughly equal to our 1st next year due to the time value of money.  Worst case, we traded a top ~5 pick instead of the 40th pick.

That's not even remotely what the time value of money means.

Unless you have an incredibly myopic view if the direction this team is headed, it's all but a guarantee that we will be picking later than 9th next year... 

Just now, glazeduck said:

That's not even remotely what the time value of money means.

Unless you have an incredibly myopic view if the direction this team is headed, it's all but a guarantee that we will be picking later than 9th next year... 

Guarantee is a strong word.  I think it's more likely they pick in the top 10 picks than bottom 10.