DT, Quinnen Williams visiting the Bills

wppete

22 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Um, if Bosa goes to the 49ers, Williams goes to the Jets and Allen goes to the Raiders.  If Williams goes to the 49ers, Bosa goes to the Jets and Allen STILL goes to the Raiders.

So........what exactly do you want to give up to get Bosa or Allen?

That's the way it should go, but then the QB needy team frenzy kicks in and pick offers are flying everywhere to move up and grab qbs... That is good for us as we already have one(Woot JA!), so the Big name D players would fall right in our lap.. yes please!

Edited by badassgixxer05

12 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Would you give up pick 9 and pick 40 for him?  Tampa would probably trade down from 5 if Williams falls to them.  Tampa could probably still get Devin White at 9 and their GM likes to trade down.  

Thats a tough one.

Gun to my head, I'd have to say ?. Would we be losing THAT much talent wise taking Oliver or White if available?

14 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

That's the way it should go, but then the QB needy team frenzy kicks in and pick offers are flying everywhere to move up and grab qbs... That is good for us as we already have one(Woot JA!), so the Big name D players would fall right in our lap.. yes please!

What QB needy frenzy?  If Kyler Murray goes 1st overall, the only QB left who would be worth trading up for is Dwayne Haskins which, if I had to guess, would happen in the 6 to 8th pick range.

That would still mean that Williams, Allen and Bosa would be long gone.  On the other hand, that could mean that Ed Oliver or Rashan Gary could still be available.

16 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Would you give up pick 9 and pick 40 for him?  Tampa would probably trade down from 5 if Williams falls to them.  Tampa could probably still get Devin White at 9 and their GM likes to trade down.  

Devin White will go to the Lions.  They had one of the worst linebacker units in the NFL last year.

To me, the Bucs at 5 is the sweet spot for any trade up. I don’t see the top 4 as possible or anyway feasible. At 5 it starts getting interesting. If Quinnen Williams/Josh’s Allen/ Nick Bosa are there at 5 I would give up almost whatever it takes. And it would take an extremely high price because the Bucs have a need for all 3 of those guys, especially if they move on from McCoy. So more than likely the Bucs just say “thank you very much” and take the sliding player. Maybe number 9 and a 2020 1st makes them think twice though. 

57 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Q Williams is the one player the Bills would consider moving up to draft.  Not sure how high they'd be willing to go.  Maybe 5?

It has to be at #6 NYG. Gettleman, Bean connection and possibly NYG can still get Haskins at #9. 

17 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If Quinnen falls to 5 I could easily see the Bucs taking him and cutting/trading Gerald McCoy. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Didnt they just take a DT last year high in the 1st?  

Vita Vea is their Star Lo basically; Quinnen would be McCoy's replacement. I kinda think they'd take Devin White even with Q on the board though.

Edited by DCOrange

31 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Maybe it is just a way of increasing the selling price of our #9 pick.  "Gee we really want to move up to #3 (or whatever) rather than trade down.  Can you do something to change our mind?"

Or they are really interested and want to get a closer look, to determine if he's worth what it'll cost to move up. 

I don't think everyone is done with their boards yet. Still evaluating. 

• Like (+1) 1

ARIZONA-KYLER MURRAY

SAN FRAN-NICK BOSA

NEW YORK JETS-JOSH ALLEN

OAKLAND RAIDERS-D.K. METCALF/MONTEZ SWEAT/DEVIN WHITE/GREEDY WILLIAMS

TB-DEVIN WHITE OR TRADE OUT

GIANTS-???

Would love to trade up and get Quinnen Williams if he drops past Oakland. We have enough picks to do it and minimal roster spots for our draft 10 draft picks

EDIT: We know for sure Arizona loves Murray, Niners love Bosa and Bucs are in love with Devin White. It's starting to seem like Josh Allen to the Jets is a lock. What are the Raiders going to do? What are the Giants going to do?

9th, 76th and 112th picks is enough for the 6th pick if Quinnen Williams drops

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Joe B's mock from late March had Quinnen falling to 6 and the Bills trading up for him.  If you look at this mock, and the latest one from Joe, I honestly believe that he's either high or he's just trolling Bills fans.

I would completely be ok with this.  But if he does make it past the Jets at 3, there’s no way the Bucs pass him up.  Williams is a pipe dream

3 hours ago, White Linen said:

There's a zero percent chance he slides to 9.  My guess is determining if he's worth a trade up. 

...he had a very impressive interview on NFLN......seems well grounded.......talked about how he bulked up the "right way" for his positional change....

Glad we are doing our homework.

I certainly don't expect Quinnen Williams to slip to #9.  But it's definitely possible he gets within "striking distance" of a worthwhile trade.

Consider this:

1.  Kyler Murray is fully expected to go #1. 

2.  Nick Bosa and Williams are considered the only elite/can't-miss picks of this draft.  But Josh Allen isn't far behind those two, and may be preferred by teams who run a 3-4 defense and really need an edge rusher (Jets/Giants). 

3.  John Gruden has made several comments about Derek Carr, causing many to believe the Raiders are considering a QB at #4.  Even if it's a smokescreen by Oakland, the Jets have publicly talked about trading down.  The #3 or #4 spots could be key on anyone eager to land Dwayne Haskins.

4.  This particular draft class is very deep at Defensive Tackle, but only average at Offensive Tackle and very thin at Linebacker.  That may cause some GMs desperate at OL or LB to consider Devon White or even Jawaan Taylor a premium.

Don't get me wrong.  It's very possible Williams is gone at #2.

But if any of these (very possible) scenarios come true, he could easily slide to the #4-7 range.  At that point, we are only talking moving up a few spots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1