Bills new workout facility

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

From an outside perspective people see McDermott's losing record and the fact that he traded away the QB who would become the NFL MVP.......a no doubt franchise QB......a year later as mistakes by The Pegs.   On a more micro level he's also been the worst Bills head coach thru 4 games against Belichick since BB came to NE.

And remember, McDermott replaced Anthony Lynn who The Pegs chose not to re-hire...........Anthony Lynn is 21-11 as a HC of a Chargers team that basically hasn't had a home field advantage for two full seasons and also ANNIHILATED the Bills in the two matchups between Lynn and McDermott.    There are also no Peterman's in Lynn's closet to date.

I hope McD and Beane work out but it's been anything but a slam dunk and if they don't win big things like passing on the NFL MVP(McD empowered by The Pegs) and passing on a HC with .656 winning %(The Pegs) are pretty egregious examples.     

Thanks for reminding us that McDermott was hired as the GM and thus he ran the 2017 draft. How could we have forgotten? BTW, who is giving you all this insider information that none of the rest of us are privy to?

5 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I simply joined in because I fear you are cruising past "beaten horse" territory and closing in on a crusade.  Anytime anyone posts anything positive on the Pegula's, Beane, or McD- you run in with your wet blanket.  I think we all understand your stance.

And I clearly said there is no way of knowing the direction.  Just that I'm hopeful.  Personally, for me, It's all about Josh Allen.  I was one of the few like liked him coming out of college, and I think he's a franchise guy.  If he is, is it crazy to think that we could compete as early as this year?  And for years to come?

It's not a crusade........that's the "I whine to mods" coming out of you.

I have given The Pegs tons of credit over the years............but when people start equating eye-wash like building a new weight room with "results" that matter I will be sure to separate that fiction from the fact.

I was a fan of the Josh Allen selection too.   I was also as high on Tre White as a prospect as anyone on TSW.    And I love Tremaine Edmunds(just not a MLB).   That said Whaley/Nix drafted a lot off players that started off even better.    

The winning starts with decisions made at the top though.   Was McD the right hire?   Was the highly unconventional decision to wait until after the offseason to hire a compatible GM to work with McD a good decision?   We will know when we get more results but there are already paths not taken that have yielded much greater results(Lynn, Mahomes) than we've gotten to this point.     

17 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

This tells me and everyone in the NFL that the Pegula's will spare no expense to make this franchise 2nd to none. That's good for recruitment at all levels of the organization -- From top to bottom.

They can't justify building a Jerry world or a palace like the Rams or Chargers are getting............but when it comes to reasonable expenses/improvements like this........or player or coach or scout contracts.........I agree they won't be outspent.

They care about winning above all else in their sporting endeavors they just don't know how to make it work on the field/ice.

15 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Thanks for reminding us that McDermott was hired as the GM and thus he ran the 2017 draft. How could we have forgotten? BTW, who is giving you all this insider information that none of the rest of us are privy to?

It's generally accepted that the lame duck Whaley wasn't the first in command in the 2017 draft.    No insider info needed.:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's not a crusade........that's the "I whine to mods" coming out of you.

I have given The Pegs tons of credit over the years............but when people start equating eye-wash like building a new weight room with "results" that matter I will be sure to separate that fiction from the fact.

I was a fan of the Josh Allen selection too.   I was also as high on Tre White as a prospect as anyone on TSW.    And I love Tremaine Edmunds(just not a MLB).   That said Whaley/Nix drafted a lot off players that started off even better.    

The winning starts with decisions made at the top though.   Was McD the right hire?   Was the highly unconventional decision to wait until after the offseason to hire a compatible GM to work with McD a good decision?   We will know when we get more results but there are already paths not taken that have yielded much greater results(Lynn, Mahomes) than we've gotten to this point.     

This is some classic “I don’t understand how corporate organizations work so I’ll just blame everyone” stuff. The pegulas are not football people. All they can do is hire people they think can make the right choices. The stuff that happens after that - drafting Mahomes- is completing out of their hands. Right or wrong, I applaud them not interfering in those choices. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So they inherited a 9-7 team and have been 30-34 since?   And that's.......good?

I hope these dudes win but I am so tired of hearing about how they are on the upswing.   Results please.   They've been on the upswing according to you for probably 13 of the last 15 years.:lol:

Again in light of the history of new owners?  Yes.  Seeing them add a franchise QB and add 19 FA's and be in position to draft some good players?  Hell yes.  And again that 9-7 team was thanks to signing Orton off the scrap heap and then watching him retire at season's end with no stud QB in the 2015 draft.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

It is suppose to be about entertainment. 

Personally I lean toward the "homer" because I want to.  I'm trying to enjoy sports the way I did when I was a kid.

Usually I leave the 2 extreme viewpoints alone.

Bills fans who were kids in the mid-1980's remember that period as interminably long and either boring or painful(for the emo's).

It was in fact a very.....VERY....... brief period of suffering compared to what the Sabres and Bills have put kid fans thru in the 2000's. :lol:

As adults those losing seasons pass by in a heartbeat..........it's a lot easier to turn the page on losing...........plus you can go to the game and tailgate/enjoy the atmosphere or just stay home alone and drink the Bills/Sabres pretty like eball.:beer:

Definitely better to be a Bills fan as an adult IMO.       

43 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This is some classic “I don’t understand how corporate organizations work so I’ll just blame everyone” stuff. The pegulas are not football people. All they can do is hire people they think can make the right choices. The stuff that happens after that - drafting Mahomes- is completing out of their hands. Right or wrong, I applaud them not interfering in those choices. 

So your excuse is..........they don't know what they are doing in football?

Agreed.

Are all NFL teams run by owners that don't know what they are doing wrt football ops?

No.

Are all corporations run by people who don't know what they are doing in that field?

No.

Is it even accurate to compare the privately owned Bills to a publicly held corporation?

No.

PSE isn't run by a board of decision makers and influential share holders.    The Bills have always been a lot closer to a mom and pop shop ownership structure than corporate.

30 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again in light of the history of new owners?  Yes.  Seeing them add a franchise QB and add 19 FA's and be in position to draft some good players?  Hell yes.  And again that 9-7 team was thanks to signing Orton off the scrap heap and then watching him retire at season's end with no stud QB in the 2015 draft.

@SWATeam case in point that not everybody realizes that the Bills have sucked for the past 20 years.

This is why the debate continues.:lol:

31 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So your excuse is..........they don't know what they are doing in football?

Agreed.

Are all NFL teams run by owners that don't know what they are doing wrt football ops?

No.

Are all corporations run by people who don't know what they are doing in that field?

No.

Is it even accurate to compare the privately owned Bills to a publicly held corporation?

No.

PSE isn't run by a board of decision makers and influential share holders.    The Bills have always been a lot closer to a mom and pop shop ownership structure than corporate.

@SWATeam case in point that not everybody realizes that the Bills have sucked for the past 20 years.

This was mind boggelingly stupid. 

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands

36 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They sucked until the 2017 season.  It's a whole new era now. 

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Let me get this straight............you EDITED that response.........and you still spelled "bogglingly" wrong?:lol:

We got some doozies on this board.:doh:

Lol. I actually edited from your spelling to my spelling, because it felt wrong. I’m not sure it’s even a word. 

But i will trade the occasional typo for the fundamental ability to understand business and sport structures. Or really even a basic level of common sense. 

2 hours ago, SWATeam said:

I simply joined in because I fear you are cruising past "beaten horse" territory and closing in on a crusade.  Anytime anyone posts anything positive on the Pegula's, Beane, or McD- you run in with your wet blanket. 

Any message board devoid of dissent would be incredibly boring. There is plenty of discussion about all the great things Josh is doing this offseason. There is plenty of discussion about the Bills imminent emergence. 

I think Badol brings quite a bit of knowledge to the table and clearly won't believe it until he see's it. 

Not quite sure why someone else's opinion is so unnerving.  

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Lol. I actually edited from your spelling to my spelling, because it felt wrong. I’m not sure it’s even a word. 

But i will trade the occasional typo for the fundamental ability to understand business and sport structures. Or really even a basic level of common sense. 

Oh it's not just my spelling.   It's THE spelling.:thumbsup:   When one is trying to prove their superior intellect with a one sentence reply........it's common sense that you be certain to use the correct spellings of those choice words.

Does google boggle your common sense kinda' mind too?:lol:

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh they've messed around plenty with their sports ops.  

They are on their 6th head coach already on the hockey end...........just throwing sh*t at the wall and seeing if it sticks is "messing around".

Being willing to spend whatever it takes in pursuit of getting it right is great but ask Dan Snyder how that has worked out for him.    You quickly go from the owner who wants to win more than anything to the owner who nobody wants to work for.        

Not being impressed with this facility once again shows you're too invested in yourself.  

You mess around, the Pegula's do not.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/12/2019 at 2:33 PM, The Wiz said:

I did the leg work for you @thebandit27

Who cares about the visiting team. The day you start catering to their needs in your house, you may as well forfeit the game. Do the bare minimum the NFL requires for the visitors and that's it. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh it's not just my spelling.   It's THE spelling.:thumbsup:   When one is trying to prove their superior intellect with a one sentence reply........it's common sense that you be certain to use the correct spellings of those choice words.

Does google boggle your common sense kinda' mind too?:lol:

The spelling guy on the message board is always the worst. I’m sure it strikes you as clever, but on a message board, it looks petty and reeks of insecurity. 

40 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Any message board devoid of dissent would be incredibly boring. There is plenty of discussion about all the great things Josh is doing this offseason. There is plenty of discussion about the Bills imminent emergence. 

I think Badol brings quite a bit of knowledge to the table and clearly won't believe it until he see's it. 

Not quite sure why someone else's opinion is so unnerving.  

I think it’s more the jump from something as benign and uncontroversial as the new training facility to making sure everyone knows that it doesn’t necessarily mean the the Pegulas or anyone else involved with the Bills has done anything to deserve credit because they haven’t won the super bowl and the Sabres suck, or something like that. That level of vigilance is, frankly, bizarre. 

47 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Who cares about the visiting team. The day you start catering to their needs in your house, you may as well forfeit the game. Do the bare minimum the NFL requires for the visitors and that's it. 

In Eifert's case, it's him assuming that "the perception is the reality".  So if he sees a crappy visitors locker room, he assumes the rest of the facilities are as well.  Most players probably don't care about the visiting locker rooms but I feel like he is an outlier.  And I honestly don't care either about the visiting locker rooms but it seems to make some players even question visiting a team to sign with.

• Like (+1) 1