Chris Hogan makes a stop in Charlotte prior to Canton

8 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Not enough >>>>>'s. Milano in the fifth has been the best draft choice of the Beane/McDermott era. "All he does is make plays" in my Buddy Ryan accent even though I can't recall his voice.

Just remember how angry so many people here were when the pats “stole” gillislee from us.  *cough* BADOL. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, NewEra said:

Just remember how angry so many people here were when the pats “stole” gillislee from us.  *cough* BADOL. 

I'm guilty as well. I don't think we realized just how valuable Kromer was when he was here. Obviously Roman and Lynn had a solid run scheme as well, but Kromer is terrific at his job. Made the likes of Gillislee look a lot better than they actually were. It would awesome if this Bob Johnson character can grow into the position. Can't do any worse. A vacancy at OL coach/run game coordinator>Castillo.

24 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Not enough >>>>>'s. Milano in the fifth has been the best draft choice of the Beane/McDermott era. "All he does is make plays" in my Buddy Ryan accent even though I can't recall his voice.

Man we got a gem becuase he pulled his hammy on that 40 at the combine. It all worked out nicely so far.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And there it is!!! Why did he do to you Kirby?  

Quick story: I went to Syracuse football camp and McNabb was there because my high school coach used to coach there.  Anyways, we got pizza and I only had one slice but was getting excited to have some more later.  So McNabb talks to us for awhile and afterwards, he takes the rest of the pizza!  MFer!!! So for a long time, I irrationally hated McNabb! And former Sabre Derek Roy crop dusted me when we were talking to a group of girls.  So I hated him too.

so did hogan steal your pizza or crop dust you? And can you just admit, once and for all, you took the L on the Hogan- Da’Rick debate? :)

Hogan/Da'Rick Debate? There was no winner on that one. Both suck.

27 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Not enough >>>>>'s. Milano in the fifth has been the best draft choice of the Beane Whaley/McDermott era. "All he does is make plays" in my Buddy Ryan accent even though I can't recall his voice.

Fixed. Beane was still in Carolina, and Whaley's best talent was picking LBs for schemes.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Hogan/Da'Rick Debate? There was no winner on that one. Both suck.

Fixed. Beane was still in Carolina, and Whaley's best talent was picking LBs for schemes.

Correct. But come on man, let me throw Beane a bone! I criticize him enough.

• Like (+1) 1

The only way Hogan sees Canton is if he's asked to hold Marsha's joc... hmmm... not sure... what's the... gender appropriate... term... I dunno... ?mangina strap? on that unholy day when Mrs. Bundchen is inducted into the HOF.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm guilty as well. I don't think we realized just how valuable Kromer was when he was here. Obviously Roman and Lynn had a solid run scheme as well, but Kromer is terrific at his job. Made the likes of Gillislee look a lot better than they actually were. It would awesome if this Bob Johnson character can grow into the position. Can't do any worse. A vacancy at OL coach/run game coordinator>Castillo.

Yeah, I liked gillislee too.  It just seemed to me like he was running through huge holes or would hit the outside with no one there. His burst seemed excellent though.

Some saw it as losing an asset to the pats.  Some saw it like we got a free 5th rd pick from the pats.  I saw it as our front office knows more than the guy on the couch, we’ll see

Edited by NewEra
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

That pick turned out to Milano.

I was upset when they lost him. Partially because it was the pats**** that took him and partially because Whaley wouldnt give him a higher tender to recoup a draft pick if he left. It was poor management and showed me he didn't know how to keep his players

I dont think we got a pick for Hogan.  I think the milano pick was Gillislee

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

I loved him as a Bill...blue collar,rode his bicycle to the stadium for practices and games...even in the winter when he would put the breaks on his bike and help people shovel snow.Dude never took a lazy day off..

Talent-C+

Heart-A+

Effort-A+

Was that hogan or Bryan Scott with the bike?

I wouldnt give hogans effort an A+ he would constantly run a yard short of the first down marker and could have fought harder to get there. 

I would give him a C across the board

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And there it is!!! Why did he do to you Kirby?  

Quick story: I went to Syracuse football camp and McNabb was there because my high school coach used to coach there.  Anyways, we got pizza and I only had one slice but was getting excited to have some more later.  So McNabb talks to us for awhile and afterwards, he takes the rest of the pizza!  MFer!!! So for a long time, I irrationally hated McNabb! And former Sabre Derek Roy crop dusted me when we were talking to a group of girls.  So I hated him too.

so did hogan steal your pizza or crop dust you? And can you just admit, once and for all, you took the L on the Hogan- Da’Rick debate? :)

I’ve never been shy about that. The people that I know that know him think that he is a total a-hole!! They were telling a story of him all drunk in Vegas at a table and he was mad that the kid at the table took a hit (blackjack). The guy next to him said “chill out man” and hogan blew his cigarette in his face!! That’s one of a handful of stories like that. I don’t know why you defend this scrub so much? 

I honestly still believe that given the same opportunity Rogers could have caught 2 balls for 30 yards a game. I have no doubt about that.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

"All he does is make plays" in my Buddy Ryan accent even though I can't recall his voice.

You forgot “Rex, quit acting like an idiot!  Rob, put down that rib roast!”

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

the-great-jim-thorpe-1.jpg

For a minute, I figured that was the bust that Adam West would flip back to access the Batpoles, to get to the Batcave.

• Like (+1) 1

Hogan is a good NFL WR3.  Since the time he left the Bills, our WR core has been horrible and he is better than most of the guys we had.  At the time, it weakened our roster to lose him, and it sucked to lose him to a division rival.  He was a solid contributor in NE and will likely be one in Carolina too.  Not much to be overly excited about.  I'd wish him luck, but a few posters indicated that the guy is a douche off the field, so I hope he flames out.

6 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

season high in NE was only ever 680 and if you come on this board the last couple years you would have thought we let a first ballot wr walk..... never understood the hype.

I belive the hype might have been that some swore he was the worst WR in all football history (NFL, CFL arena) scourge of the earth stuff and others refuted saying.. “eh he’s ok, actually pretty athletic and gets open. Had some drops due to a bum shoulder” to which haters said oh yeah I guess we’ll look for his bust in canton. 

It was something like that 

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I loved him as a Bill...blue collar,rode his bicycle to the stadium for practices and games...even in the winter when he would put the breaks on his bike and help people shovel snow.Dude never took a lazy day off..

Talent-C+

Heart-A+

Effort-A+

Might be the best fair summary we've seen 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

7 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

season high in NE was only ever 680 and if you come on this board the last couple years you would have thought we let a first ballot wr walk..... never understood the hype.

I was a Hogan supporter, but never thought he was great.  But, he was better than most of the clowns that were on the roster, and better than most until this year.   

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve never been shy about that. The people that I know that know him think that he is a total a-hole!! They were telling a story of him all drunk in Vegas at a table and he was mad that the kid at the table took a hit (blackjack). The guy next to him said “chill out man” and hogan blew his cigarette in his face!! That’s one of a handful of stories like that. I don’t know why you defend this scrub so much? 

I honestly still believe that given the same opportunity Rogers could have caught 2 balls for 30 yards a game. I have no doubt about that.

The Patriot Way

• Thank you (+1) 1