Chris Hogan makes a stop in Charlotte prior to Canton

11 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

That pick turned out to Milano.

I was upset when they lost him. Partially because it was the pats**** that took him and partially because Whaley wouldnt give him a higher tender to recoup a draft pick if he left. It was poor management and showed me he didn't know how to keep his players

You THOUGHT it was poor management.  In hindsight, it was a GREAT move.  Milano >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gillislee

6 minutes ago, Utah John said:

He was a good player who got into the league only because the Bills gave him a chance.  He made a business decision to move to the Patriots, and it worked out for him.  He did much better there than he would have here -- what receiver wouldn't do better catching Brady darts?  Hogan's game meshed well with the Patriots' offense, too. 

his high in buffalo was 450. his high there was 680.... sooooo much better. 

i'd be ok with a rings argument but a numbers one isn't very accurate.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think it boils down to this:  many Bills fans think any "good," player on the Bills is "awesome."  It's like thinking a 9 win season and a pathetic showing in a playoff game was "successful."  Standards are VERY low around here, which is why people thought losing Mr. "7-11," was catastrophic.

Getting to the playoffs in your first year of a regime change, total scheme change, and with a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 17 seasons IS successful.

Pretty obvious that the goal is to win the championship and anything less than that isn't good enough, but those were promising year 1 results. In my opinion breaking the drought was important and key to developing this team with a focus on future success.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

season high in NE was only ever 680 and if you come on this board the last couple years you would have thought we let a first ballot wr walk..... never understood the hype.

didn't he break a record in catches or something in the playoffs? 

Chris Hogan Breaks Patriots Record For Most Receiving ...

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Getting to the playoffs in your first year of a regime change, total scheme change, and with a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 17 seasons IS successful.

Pretty obvious that the goal is to win the championship and anything less than that isn't good enough, but those were promising year 1 results. In my opinion breaking the drought was important and key to developing this team with a focus on future success.

I was just busting @Stank_Nasty's balls.  I cried real tears when Cincinnati got the Bills into the playoffs.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

didn't he break a record in catches or something in the playoffs? 

his first season there he went off and had 9 for 180 in the afc title game and a large chunk of fans and national media crucified the bills for letting him walk for about a full year after that.

"even a blind squirrel....."

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

that was a calculated strike against yours truly...… I've been clenching my *** cheeks the last 10 minutes trying not to respond to it directly.

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

Hogan is a solid WR3.

right. ok.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

Dont mind him I think he has "Get off my lawn" issues.  

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

that was a calculated strike against yours truly...… I've been clenching my *** cheeks the last 10 minutes trying not to respond to it directly.

right. ok.

Oh is a WR3 supposed to put up HOF numbers.

4 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Dont mind him I think he has "Get off my lawn" issues.  

Oh is a WR3 supposed to put up HOF numbers.

uh no.... where exactly is the miscommunication here?

I've basically said he was overhyped by the fans and media after a big playoff game and pedestrian regular seasons.... if somebody wants to say he's a solid #3 i'm cool with that. wheres the issue? and how did you get the bolded from what I responded to you with? I was agreeing. I think maybe you thought I was being sarcastic?

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

uh no.... where exactly is the miscommunication here?

I've basically said he was overhyped by the fans and media after a big playoff game and pedestrian regular seasons.... if somebody wants to say he's a solid #3 i'm cool with that. wheres the issue? and how did you get that from what i'm saying?

Sorry took it as sarcasm.