Chris Hogan makes a stop in Charlotte prior to Canton

Solid depth WR who I was sad to let go, but honestly the lamentation of his departure was blown way out of proportion. He's nothing more than a 3rd or 4th WR.

And Mike Gillislee was a win for this organization. Picked up a street free agent, got some TD's from him, and stole a draft pick from the Patriots when they signed him. Then he did nothing there.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

season high in NE was only ever 680 and if you come on this board the last couple years you would have thought we let a first ballot wr walk..... never understood the hype.

Nah.  It's more accurate to say that posters who were down on Hogan were railing against "the hype"....that really never existed.

Posters who supported keeping him here noted the WR corps as it was, was slim.  Simple.

No need to manufacture "hype" to rail against it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Nah.  It's more accurate to say that posters who were down on Hogan were railing against "the hype"....that really never existed.

Posters who supported keeping him here noted the WR corps as it was, was slim.  Simple.

That's simply not true. Hogan had a cult of pissed off followers that continually bashed the Bills for letting him go.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

I never commented on him one way or the other because I never cared enough for him to get in a debate. this is as far as I've ever gotten..... and I'll say from what I noticed during my lurking on the subject. people cared way too much about his departure and one great playoff game in NE totally inflated peoples perception.

Just now, MJS said:

That's simply not true. Hogan had a cult of pissed off followers that continually bashed the Bills for letting him go.

I would agree but WEO already put me in my place ?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Solid depth WR who I was sad to let go, but honestly the lamentation of his departure was blown way out of proportion. He's nothing more than a 3rd or 4th WR.

And Mike Gillislee was a win for this organization. Picked up a street free agent, got some TD's from him, and stole a draft pick from the Patriots when they signed him. Then he did nothing there.

That pick turned out to Milano.

I was upset when they lost him. Partially because it was the pats**** that took him and partially because Whaley wouldnt give him a higher tender to recoup a draft pick if he left. It was poor management and showed me he didn't know how to keep his players

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I never commented on him one way or the other because I never cared enough for him to get in a debate. this is as far as I've ever gotten..... and I'll say from what I noticed during my lurking on the subject. people cared way too much about his departure and one great playoff game in NE totally inflated peoples perception.

I would agree but WEO already put me in my place ?

I think it boils down to this:  many Bills fans think any "good," player on the Bills is "awesome."  It's like thinking a 9 win season and a pathetic showing in a playoff game was "successful."  Standards are VERY low around here, which is why people thought losing Mr. "7-11," was catastrophic.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

That pick turned out to Milano.

I was upset when they lost him. Partially because it was the pats**** that took him and partially because Whaley wouldnt give him a higher tender to recoup a draft pick if he left. It was poor management and showed me he didn't know how to keep his players

They underestimated the Patriots and their appetite for white receivers. For sure.

But ultimately it was silly for many fans to complain for years because we let a depth WR go.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

They underestimated the Patriots and their appetite for white receivers. For sure.

But ultimately it was silly for many fans to complain for years because we let a depth WR go.

Oh I agree. I think we could have used a guy like him the last few years, but in terms of actual production, he was an ok receiver 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I think it boils down to this:  many Bills fans think any "good," player on the Bills is "awesome."  It's like thinking a 9 win season and a pathetic showing in a playoff game was "successful."  Standards are VERY low around here, which is why people thought losing Mr. "7-11," was catastrophic.

why would you even do this.... there's so much context missing there. i'm seriously shaking like a gremlin sort of irritated by that statement right now. not gonna touch it. not gonna touch it. not gonna touch it...…..

as far Hogan goes. I think his huge playoff game a couple years back, against Pittsburgh maybe, added a bunch of fuel to the fire. it shouldn't have. but it did.

• Haha (+1) 1

He was a good player who got into the league only because the Bills gave him a chance.  He made a business decision to move to the Patriots, and it worked out for him.  He did much better there than he would have here -- what receiver wouldn't do better catching Brady darts?  Hogan's game meshed well with the Patriots' offense, too. 

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

why would you even do this.... there's so much context missing there. i'm seriously shaking like a gremlin sort of irritated by that statement right now. not gonna touch it. not gonna touch it. not gonna touch it...…..

as far Hogan goes. I think his huge playoff game a couple years back, against Pittsburgh maybe, added a bunch of fuel to the fire. it shouldn't have. but it did.

I may have done it on purpose a little.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

The Gillislee lamentation bordered on ridiculous.  OK - it was ridiculous

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Utah John said:

He was a good player who got into the league only because the Bills gave him a chance.  He made a business decision to move to the Patriots, and it worked out for him.  He did much better there than he would have here -- what receiver wouldn't do better catching Brady darts?  Hogan's game meshed well with the Patriots' offense, too. 

Well he pretty much did the same there as he did here. Pretty similar stats. And Hogan was in the league before we picked him up. We just gave him playing time.

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Imo, the posters who supported him hated Whaley.  It wasn’t that we let him go.  It was HOW we let him go.  That we didn’t tender him properly.