Chris Simms DT top 7

Pete

I like Chris Simms.  He gives very specific detail on how he rates the players and is very informative.  It's a little long but a good listen.

1  Williams

2  Lawrence

3. Oliver

4. Tillery

5. Wilkins

6.  Simmons

7.  Jones

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

Really hope Williams slips to 5 and beano moves up. I really believe he's the best player in the draft.  

I don't think that is the place to spend draft capital.    Oliver, Lawence and Williams seem to be way above normal.  If 3 DE (edge) and 2 QB go early, we should be able to get one of these without spending anything.  Use a 3rd and 4th to move up again into the first and we have two studs.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DCbillsfan said:

I like Chris Simms.  He gives very specific detail on how he rates the players and is very informative.  It's a little long but a good listen.

1  Williams

2  Lawrence

3. Oliver

4. Tillery

5. Wilkins

6.  Simmons

7.  Jones

I'd be happy with any of the top 4 replacing Kyle.  Tillery would be great value early 2nd.  Still think Oliver will be a Bill.

18 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

I wanted us to move up for Q. Williams before I heard Chris Simms. Now it's a must. Here's hoping QB starved teams get despite and jump to the top of the draft and he falls enough spots where we have a chance to trade up.

So the team that fielded one of the worst offenses in NFL history for most of last season should give up premium picks to move up for an interior defensive lineman in a draft that is absolutely stacked with defensive line talent?  People just never learn. 

I don't think Lawrence will be the Bills' even though he'll still be on the board at #9.  Simms says he has the athleticism to play anywhere on the D-line, but he's going to earn his NFL paycheck tying up blockers on the nose.  That's not what Buffalo's looking for.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Magox said:

If Williams drops close enough then I think the Bills try to make a trade for him.

I agree.  Williams better not go to the Jets.  Dexter Lawrence is growing on me.  We do need a run stuffer.  DL can collapse the pocket too.  If we get the right trade offer,  we probably can trade back and still get a top DT- DL, Tillery, Simmons or Wilkins.  Williams is #1 on my Bills board.  Josh Allen and Ed Oliver are my next 2

Eli Harold is a shrewd, Poyer-like signing.  Eli might have mitigated the need for Edge

2 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

I’d be shocked if one of those 7 ist a Bill here soon. That’s the highest I’ve seen Lawrence rated, interesting.

Lawrence and Wilkins are both beast, just ask Bamas oline.

34 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Chris Simms is one of the best analysts in the business. Pleasure to listen to.

I think his dad was a better QB but he is better at this.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

So the team that fielded one of the worst offenses in NFL history for most of last season should give up premium picks to move up for an interior defensive lineman in a draft that is absolutely stacked with defensive line talent?  People just never learn. 

Absolutely agree.  I’m okay with moving up late in round 1 to get Lawerence or Wilkins but it’s got to be offense at 9.  And subsequent picks after addressing D-Line should be offense. 

Edited by BillsfaninSB

1 hour ago, mannc said:

If you believe the "experts"  the top 3 DT's are guys who might come every 2-4 years and go top 3 in the draft. IF that is true, lets get one of them.