Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
*******

Tyree working out for bills today

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Let me ask a question: if Tyree Jackson DIDN'T play for UB, would people still be pounding the table as hard as they are for him to be drafted in the 6th or 7th to "sit behind Allen and Barkley to develop?"

 

I wouldn’t. UDFA for me same with Hodge 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would take him in the 6th-UDFA. Wouldn’t take him any higher. Honestly see zero need with Barkley on the roster. He’s young enough to back up Allen for a long time. If we had Allen/Anderson as our only 2 QB’s I would be all for Tyree as early as the 5th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Yes, MAC players are terrible. Like Khalil Mack, Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman, Kareem Hunt, Antonio Gates, Ben Roethlisberger and James Harrison.

Add Randy Moss to that list!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

I was referring to LB Khalil Hodge, not QB Tyree Jackson.

What are your thoughts about Khalil making it as one of the best defensive ST players in today's NFL....and starting out as a back up in the middle? I think he would be a steal w/ a fifth.Keep in mind...Beane attended two of our home games this year...I would assume he's on his radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Not feeling Tyree but would love the Bills to look at AJ, LB Khalil Hodge and C Charles O'Hagen.

James O’Hagan 

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Because he is Slow, Small, limited and well is a MAC player 

He isn’t small For a modern LBr...  but he is slow...

 

 and the MAC has produced really good football players... you obviously don’t watch much MAC ball... that’s a lazy assessment that the MAC can’t put out ball players

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

I was referring to LB Khalil Hodge, not QB Tyree Jackson.

Since he ran his 40 in 5.0 he has definitely been slipping...

 

unfortunately cant see him going top 3 with that time... I think he still has value but needs to show he can play at nfl speed

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

 

Are we both talking about Khalil Hodge? I think being optimistic, Johnson might sneak into the 4th. I think he'll at least be drafted at some point, though he seems to be rated outside the top 20 WRs in the draft by most people at this point. I'm less optimistic about Hodge; he was never viewed close to the same level of prospect as Johnson and he's probably hurt his stock worse in the lead up to the draft than Johnson did.

 

Edit: It's difficult to find mocks that go deep enough to include Hodge, but a few sources:

 

Matt Miller has him rated as the #41 off-ball LB in the draft with an undrafted grade - https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2829000-nfl-draft-400-ranking-the-drafts-top-linebackers#slide10

 

Dane Brugler's 7 round mock has Hodge going undrafted - https://theathletic.com/909149/2019/04/08/dane-bruglers-mock-draft-5-0-projecting-all-seven-rounds-and-all-254-selections/

 

WalterFootball is the most optimistic that I've seen, ranking him as the #25 inside linebacker with a draft range of 5th-7th rounds (though this has him listed at a 4.72 40 when he didn't even hit 5 seconds at his Pro Day, which is generally faster than official times to boot) - https://walterfootball.com/draft2019ILB.php

 

NFL.com has him graded as a UDFA (and I believe their #36 ILB prospect if I'm counting correctly) - https://www.nfl.com/prospects/khalil-hodge?id=3219484f-4425-7085-52f4-8666ba393f79

 

He's been constantly talked about throughout the year as a guy hoping to be taken on Day 3 and like I said, that was before he fell on his face at his pro day. It's still possible he gets drafted, but I would be blown away if anyone touches him on the first two days of the draft.

In the summer he was definitely talked about as a top 3-4 round pick... he was ranked consistently as the best player in the MAC with AJ #2

 

he did get gassed as the season progressed and his lack of 40 killed any chance of a high pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

James O’Hagan 

He isn’t small For a modern LBr...  but he is slow...

 

 and the MAC has produced really good football players... you obviously don’t watch much MAC ball... that’s a lazy assessment that the MAC can’t put out ball players

716..first thing I thought..MajBobby reads national bs..I highly doubt he watched him/Bulls 5 times this past year on ESPN 3 plus. You and Promo are UB sports gods..almost near my level.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Since he ran his 40 in 5.0 he has definitely been slipping...

 

unfortunately cant see him going top 3 with that time... I think he still has value but needs to show he can play at nfl speed

In the summer he was definitely talked about as a top 3-4 round pick... he was ranked consistently as the best player in the MAC with AJ #2

 

he did get gassed as the season progressed and his lack of 40 killed any chance of a high pick

AJ was ranked 11 th over all by CBS back in May.His hammy did him in last year...I would gobble him up in the 4th,with 100% faith.He would be our number two next year with a healthy leg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

AJ was ranked 11 th over all by CBS back in May.His hammy did him in last year...I would gobble him up in the 4th,with 100% faith.He would be our number two next year with a healthy leg.

I still really like him a lot ... I never really had him that high and I think CBS might have been that(high)

 

but he stacks up His deep routes nice... has a little bit of a second gear to kick into and is a rac threat 

 

i would be punped to snag him round 4

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

:blush:

I don’t know why he isn’t getting more love... I am not an oline expert but his tape for 3.5 years is phenomenal 

 

most reports and scouts i talk too say he is right on the cusp as a camp invite... last year 24 centers made it into camp and my scouting friend has him at 24

 

His physical skills are hurting him rn as he is slow and doesn’t look great in shorts.., but turn on the tape... he deserves a shot... he has NFL tools

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was confused for a minute when I saw Tyree. It made me think of David Tyree, and then I was like, "That dude's gotta be 40 by now..." then I remembered it's the UB QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don’t know why he isn’t getting more love... I am not an oline expert but his tape for 3.5 years is phenomenal 

 

most reports and scouts i talk too say he is right on the cusp as a camp invite... last year 24 centers made it into camp and my scouting friend has him at 24

 

His physical skills are hurting him rn as he is slow and doesn’t look great in shorts.., but turn on the tape... he deserves a shot... he has NFL tools

 

Worth bringing him to camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

 

Worth bringing him to camp.

That line didn't give up a legit sack for the first 5 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don’t know why he isn’t getting more love... I am not an oline expert but his tape for 3.5 years is phenomenal 

 

most reports and scouts i talk too say he is right on the cusp as a camp invite... last year 24 centers made it into camp and my scouting friend has him at 24

 

His physical skills are hurting him rn as he is slow and doesn’t look great in shorts.., but turn on the tape... he deserves a shot... he has NFL tools

When nosworthy was out,he still never skipped a beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

When nosworthy was out,he still never skipped a beat.

He hasn’t missed a beat in 3 seasons... he is the epitome of a UB Bulls lineman 

 

my family friend John Kling got signed as a UDFA Tackle out of UB... he was 6’8 and looked like an NFL Tackle 

 

but O’Hagan is every bit as talented... undrafted lineman come in and become studs a lot in the NFL... I would bring in O’Hagan and let him learn from Morse 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

716..first thing I thought..MajBobby reads national bs..I highly doubt he watched him/Bulls 5 times this past year on ESPN 3 plus. You and Promo are UB sports gods..almost near my level.

...there is NOBODY on this planet at your level....I checked.......makes you lonely "at the top"....:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

He hasn’t missed a beat in 3 seasons... he is the epitome of a UB Bulls lineman 

 

my family friend John Kling got signed as a UDFA Tackle out of UB... he was 6’8 and looked like an NFL Tackle 

 

but O’Hagan is every bit as talented... undrafted lineman come in and become studs a lot in the NFL... I would bring in O’Hagan and let him learn from Morse 

In a heartbeat.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...there is NOBODY on this planet at your level....I checked.......makes you lonely "at the top"....:thumbsup:

That was a joke to 716 and Promo. They get it..stop being cranky.

Report the posts..it wouldn't the first time for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

In a heartbeat.

That was a joke to 716 and Promo. They get it..stop being cranky.

Report the posts..it wouldn't the first time for you.

 

 

calm down Big Dawg......that was my joke to you...Jesus.......716 & Promo are two of the best.........lighten up...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

 

calm down Big Dawg......that was my joke to you...Jesus.......716 & Promo are two of the best.........lighten up...

Now I feel like kissing you..and how about a bear hug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Now I feel like kissing you..and how about a bear hug?

 

...the old fart just turned 66 on Tuesday....got "more damn potholes than the famed cross country route".......had several WD-40's on the rocks to feel younger......belated b-day bear hug works....:D

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Prediction:

 

Tyree to Carolina Panthers ( Round 5 )

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

...the old fart just turned 66 on Tuesday....got "more damn potholes than the famed cross country route".......had several WD-40's on the rocks to feel younger......belated b-day bear hug works....:D

Happy belated big guy 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buffalo716 said:

My Prediction:

 

Tyree to Carolina Panthers ( Round 5 )

 

....so then we could see him in Bflo NEXT year?....just askin'.......:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

My Prediction:

 

Tyree to Carolina Panthers ( Round 5 )

Happy belated big guy 👍

 

...thanks bud...MUCH appreciated.......:thumbsup:....damn I'm old.....just ONE SB before I head to "Hell's Kitchen".........PLEASE......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×