Tyree worked out for bills (Edit: SIGNED as UDFA)

48 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The local guys don’t count against their visits correct? If so, it makes sense for the Bills to talk to every UB player that is going to the NFL. 

You are correct. I think it's a 50 mile radius?

22 minutes ago, End The Drought said:

Barkley looked serviceable as a backup last year but Anderson is toast and would be better served in an advising/coaching role for Allen imo. I think taking someone like Tyree Jackson makes sense on day 3. 

Anderson wants to be paid like a player and have the working hours of a player. Coaching means less money for longer hours. He isn't taking that.

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Can we stop trading up?  This is not what good teams do. 

The Saints seem to be a good team. I’m not saying that it should be a standard operating procedure, but if you’ve got a guy that you know can be a difference maker, trading up surely is not the worst thing you can possibly do when you have sufficient assets.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I would think he's a possibility as an UDFA guy. He was viewed as a 6th or 7th and that was before he absolutely tanked his pro day.

At any rate, like one of the other posters said, they don't count against our 30 visits so it makes sense to bring them all in as long as we have the time to fit them in.

No way he lasts that long. I've seen mocks with him going in round 2. Here's a 3-4 round guy. Anthony Johnson is likely to be the same. I do think O'Hagen could be had as a UDFA.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ******* said:

Doubt it happens unless he really drops. I’m in the boat of drafting a a qb almost every year until you get it right 

Buffalo QB Tyree Jackson is working for the #Bills at their local day today, source said. If they’re looking for a big, athletic QB to pair with their big, athletic QB, Jackson certainly would fit the ... bill.

Unless he really drops.  He is already a 7-8 best QB in the draft, roughly about a 150 grade.  And a day three pick.  Where do you want him to drop too UDFA?

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No way he lasts that long. I've seen mocks with him going in round 2. Here's a 3-4 round guy. Anthony Johnson is likely to be the same. I do think O'Hagen could be had as a UDFA.

I would love to see THOSE mocks.  He is the 7-8th best QB at best (that isn't a 2nd round prospect.)

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Unless he really drops.  He is already a 7-8 best QB in the draft, roughly about a 150 grade.  And a day three pick.  Where do you want him to drop too UDFA?

I would love to see THOSE mocks.  He is the 7-8th best QB at best (that isn't a 2nd round prospect.)

I was referring to LB Khalil Hodge, not QB Tyree Jackson.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Would like to see those mocks then on how a 211 rated player going in the 2nd round.

I've seen a million mocks. I'll never remember which one had Hodge going to the Patriots at the bottom of the 2nd.

But how does the leading tracker in the MAC end up rated at 211?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

28 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

PFF superlatives has him going undrafted despite having the strongest arm in the class, good size, and good speed. That doesn't speak well for the rest of his game.

I’ll bet anyone money that he will be drafted. 

57 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The Saints seem to be a good team. I’m not saying that it should be a standard operating procedure, but if you’ve got a guy that you know can be a difference maker, trading up surely is not the worst thing you can possibly do when you have sufficient assets.

How often have they traded up? They have one of the greatest qbs ever at the end of his career so that’s a completely different scenario though (same with NE though they always trade down).

we have a young, unproven qb and a bunch of needs.  We traded up for Zay (instead we could have had JuJu or Kupp at our original spot) and traded up for Edmunds (who I like but we could have gotten Leonard in the 2nd).  It’s never worth the price you give up. 

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I've seen a million mocks. I'll never remember which one had Hodge going to the Patriots at the bottom of the 2nd.

But how does the leading tracker in the MAC end up rated at 211?

Because he is Slow, Small, limited and well is a MAC player 

Tyree Jackson - the guy who threw too hard at the combine.  I'd like to see him in a Bills uniform just to witness the ricochet he could generate off Zay's frying pans.  Could boink completely out of the stadium. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Are we both talking about Khalil Hodge? I think being optimistic, Johnson might sneak into the 4th. I think he'll at least be drafted at some point, though he seems to be rated outside the top 20 WRs in the draft by most people at this point. I'm less optimistic about Hodge; he was never viewed close to the same level of prospect as Johnson and he's probably hurt his stock worse in the lead up to the draft than Johnson did.

Edit: It's difficult to find mocks that go deep enough to include Hodge, but a few sources:

Matt Miller has him rated as the #41 off-ball LB in the draft with an undrafted grade - https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2829000-nfl-draft-400-ranking-the-drafts-top-linebackers#slide10

Dane Brugler's 7 round mock has Hodge going undrafted - https://theathletic.com/909149/2019/04/08/dane-bruglers-mock-draft-5-0-projecting-all-seven-rounds-and-all-254-selections/

WalterFootball is the most optimistic that I've seen, ranking him as the #25 inside linebacker with a draft range of 5th-7th rounds (though this has him listed at a 4.72 40 when he didn't even hit 5 seconds at his Pro Day, which is generally faster than official times to boot) - https://walterfootball.com/draft2019ILB.php

NFL.com has him graded as a UDFA (and I believe their #36 ILB prospect if I'm counting correctly) - https://www.nfl.com/prospects/khalil-hodge?id=3219484f-4425-7085-52f4-8666ba393f79

He's been constantly talked about throughout the year as a guy hoping to be taken on Day 3 and like I said, that was before he fell on his face at his pro day. It's still possible he gets drafted, but I would be blown away if anyone touches him on the first two days of the draft.

Edited by DCOrange

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The local guys don’t count against their visits correct? If so, it makes sense for the Bills to talk to every UB player that is going to the NFL. 

I wonder what "local" is.  If Syracuse is local, get those guys in as well.  Dungy would be another strong-arm developmental QB to pair with Allen. 

And Slaton is worth a look at Edge. 

53 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Are we both talking about Khalil Hodge? I think being optimistic, Johnson might sneak into the 4th. I think he'll at least be drafted at some point, though he seems to be rated outside the top 20 WRs in the draft by most people at this point. I'm less optimistic about Hodge; he was never viewed close to the same level of prospect as Johnson and he's probably hurt his stock worse in the lead up to the draft than Johnson did.

Edit: It's difficult to find mocks that go deep enough to include Hodge, but a few sources:

Matt Miller has him rated as the #41 off-ball LB in the draft with an undrafted grade - https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2829000-nfl-draft-400-ranking-the-drafts-top-linebackers#slide10

Dane Brugler's 7 round mock has Hodge going undrafted - https://theathletic.com/909149/2019/04/08/dane-bruglers-mock-draft-5-0-projecting-all-seven-rounds-and-all-254-selections/ 

WalterFootball is the most optimistic that I've seen, ranking him as the #25 inside linebacker with a draft range of 5th-7th rounds (though this has him listed at a 4.72 40 when he didn't even hit 5 seconds at his Pro Day, which is generally faster than official times to boot) https://walterfootball.com/draft2019ILB.php

He's been constantly talked about throughout the year as a guy hoping to be taken on Day 3 and like I said, that was before he fell on his face at his pro day. It's still possible he gets drafted, but I would be blown away if anyone touches him on the first two days of the draft.

Hodge would be a nice UDFA pickup if he falls out of the draft. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Because he is Slow, Small, limited and well is a MAC player 

Yes, MAC players are terrible. Like Khalil Mack, Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman, Kareem Hunt, Antonio Gates, Ben Roethlisberger and James Harrison.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Jackson would be the perfect backup to Allen. He is one of the few humans on earth who have physical gifts about equal to Allen's. As such, you wouldn't have to change the playbook at all if Allen was hurt and Jackson had to play.

Oh, and I think he's going to get drafted a lot higher than people think. 3rd round is my guess. 4th at the latest.

• Like (+1) 1