Tyree worked out for bills (Edit: SIGNED as UDFA)

Pretty freaking dumb move to put the thread made about the signing in this one, IMO. once it gets talked about a bit, everyone is going to be lost trying to find the original post and therefore all of the discussion about it. Needless.

They are two separate and thread-worthy events.

Edited by arcane

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

ESPN saying it's a really strong move by us.

ESPN or Mel Kiper? Mel was touting Tyree on his "best available" list all weekend.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we got him, though I really want Anthony Johnson and C James O'Hagan too.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Compete for the backup job?? LOL He's camp fodder, might find his way to the practice squad until old man Anderson hangs it up and he becomes the 3rd string but Barkley proved last year he was worth keeping in that role.

16 minutes ago, Luka said:

Compete for the backup job?? LOL He's camp fodder, might find his way to the practice squad until old man Anderson hangs it up and he becomes the 3rd string but Barkley proved last year he was worth keeping in that role.

I think he has a chance to supplant Anderson.

Jackson has a nice deep pass and is mobile.

Sounds like the type of QB that could back up a QB in an offense designed to showcase a QB with a big arm and is mobile.

Edited by RocCityRoller

55 minutes ago, Luka said:

I mean we are probably keeping Barkley but he is the definition of replaceable.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarkMa00.htm

and next to the first 2 picks, this is my favorite thing of the weekend.  Perfect developmental QBs who has similar strengths and weaknesses to Allen.  Makes me very happy.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean we are probably keeping Barkley but he is the definition of replaceable.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarkMa00.htm

and next to the first 2 picks, this is my favorite thing of the weekend.  Perfect developmental QBs who has similar strengths and weaknesses to Allen.  Makes me very happy.

2 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I think he has a chance to supplant Anderson.

Jackson has a nice deep pass and is mobile.

Sounds like the type of QB that could back up a QB in an offense designed to showcase a QB with a big arm and is mobile.

I'm not trying to knock Tyree but I don't see an undrafted QB coming in and landing the backup QB spot. You really want Tyree coming in if Josh goes down? Barkley played well last year for us and earned his spot. Plus Daboll, Josh and Coach made a big deal about how much better the QB room was with Barkley and Anderson in the mix. I don't see that changing any time soon unless, like I said, Anderson retires.

18 minutes ago, Luka said:

I'm not trying to knock Tyree but I don't see an undrafted QB coming in and landing the backup QB spot. You really want Tyree coming in if Josh goes down? Barkley played well last year for us and earned his spot. Plus Daboll, Josh and Coach made a big deal about how much better the QB room was with Barkley and Anderson in the mix. I don't see that changing any time soon unless, like I said, Anderson retires.

No, I want Barkley to hold down the backup spot.

But I also want a young QB with a similar skill set to my starter to develop as the clear backup so I don't have to retool my offense if my QB goes down.

Tyree Jackson fits that bill. He also has no culture shock coming to Buffalo, and should have a supportive fan base around him.

I don't want DA on the field in any situation if possible. If my choice is Tyree Jackson or Derek Anderson, I go with Tyree.

I would like DA as my QB quality control coach.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

ESPN or Mel Kiper? Mel was touting Tyree on his "best available" list all weekend.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we got him, though I really want Anthony Johnson and C James O'Hagan too.

Not Kiper (I don't think).  I had just gotten home and I heard Mcshay's voice - so it was he and a group doing a quick hits on UDFA's signing frenzy.  

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:50 AM, Irv said:

Tyree Jackson - the guy who threw too hard at the combine.  I'd like to see him in a Bills uniform just to witness the ricochet he could generate off Zay's frying pans.  Could boink completely out of the stadium. 

I get my wish!

On 4/12/2019 at 10:50 AM, Irv said:

Tyree Jackson - the guy who threw too hard at the combine.  I'd like to see him in a Bills uniform just to witness the ricochet he could generate off Zay's frying pans.  Could boink completely out of the stadium. 

You can catch footballs with frying pans. There is a subtle technique. 

On 4/27/2019 at 8:28 PM, Luka said:

Anderson plays like he is retired. On par with alumni players in HS fundraising games.