Tyree worked out for bills (Edit: SIGNED as UDFA)

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Just because he dominated HS and college didn’t mean he would dominate the pros...

tons of guys were superstars in both and nothing in the league

Cam definitely had a chance to fail for a myriad of reasons but overcame and developed 

Cam was definitely not a "project" QB. I think that was C.Biscuit's quarrel. Your opinion notwithstanding, he was widely considered the best player in the 2011 draft.

19 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Cam was definitely not a "project" QB. I think that was C.Biscuit's quarrel. Your opinion notwithstanding, he was widely considered the best player in the 2011 draft.

Over von miller and pat Peterson and Julio and AJ? 

No chance he was . and lots of analysts and scouts said he was boom or bust.

Nobody ever questioned his athletic abilities 

Edited by Buffalo716

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honest question and I’m not calling you racist (don’t know you and you seem like a good dude with bad football takes ?) but have you ever liked a non white qb? I honestly don’t recall any and you love some terrible white qbs.  I’m genuinely asking. 

its pretty obvious that jackson sux, so no dig deal there .

i liked kaepernick but he relied on his athleticism and that wont last in the NFL.

Cam just isnt that good, maybe he will get back to his MVP year after his shoulder surgery.

i liked Vick, McNabb, Moon, Russell Wilson, obviously Mahomes but he is half white so not sure he fits, Prescott has potential and the new kid Murray could be great.

the problem i have with many black QBs is they rely on their athleticism too much and eventually get exposed and then you really have nothing. Its not that their black its just when you see a certain kind of player your past experience determines how you feel towards similar players. It would be like if we drafted a white RB or CB i would automatically presume they are not as good because not many Whites are good there. Bottom line is prove it on the field and nothing else matters.

Also about Cam, i just hate his attitude, the way he mopes when things go bad and goes over the top when it goes well. The way he bailed on that fumble in the Superbowl and then had the audacity to say that, that didnt effect the outcome of the game was pathetic and outrageous.

it was actually Vick that turned me off to black QBs, because i just loved him college but saw how he just couldn't adapt to the NFL made hesitant about other black QBs, but that could be changing if more start to play better.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

13 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honest question and I’m not calling you racist (don’t know you and you seem like a good dude with bad football takes ?) but have you ever liked a non white qb? I honestly don’t recall any and you love some terrible white qbs.  I’m genuinely asking. ...

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

it was actually Vick that turned me off to black QBs, because i just loved him college but saw how he just couldn't adapt to the NFL made hesitant about other black QBs, but that could be changing if more start to play better.

'nuff said 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

its pretty obvious that jackson sux, so no dig deal there .

i liked kaepernick but he relied on his athleticism and that wont last in the NFL.

Cam just isnt that good, maybe he will get back to his MVP year after his shoulder surgery.

i liked Vick, McNabb, Moon, Russell Wilson, obviously Mahomes but he is half white so not sure he fits, Prescott has potential and the new kid Murray could be great.

the problem i have with many black QBs is they rely on their athleticism too much and eventually get exposed and then you really have nothing. Its not that their black its just when you see a certain kind of player your past experience determines how you feel towards similar players. It would be like if we drafted a white RB or CB i would automatically presume they are not as good because not many Whites are good there. Bottom line is prove it on the field and nothing else matters.

Also about Cam, i just hate his attitude, the way he mopes when things go bad and goes over the top when it goes well. The way he bailed on that fumble in the Superbowl and then had the audacity to say that, that didnt effect the outcome of the game was pathetic and outrageous.

I respect you for responding but you don’t see any problem with what you just said?  I mean come on. You love so many ? white QBs that are terrible, why doesn’t that turn you off to them?  Mike Vick had a better career than Landry Jones or John Skelton.  Why don’t you not like white qbs?

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I respect you for responding but you don’t see any problem with what you just said?  I mean come on. You love so many ? white QBs that are terrible, why doesn’t that turn you off to them?  Mike Vick had a better career than Landry Jones or John Skelton.  Why don’t you not like white qbs?

i hate plenty of white QBs but look at who's winning, so chances have been better with white QBs. Dont like Rosen, Eli or most of the QBs in the league.

ive said a dozen times before i was done with Landry before his season was over but somehow you keep remembering i liked him at one time. Just because i liked a QB at one point doesnt mean i still do. Prove it on the field or you're garbage regardless.

I think i would rather have Tyree than Anderson all's he will do is hold a clip board & burn up a roster spot if they want to keep him around make him a assistant to the QB coach or to Dabol i think it's better to develop a young guy for the future rather than keep a old guy with little to no future & 1 yr of good play in his history thats nothing to build on & i hope Beane see's it that way !! 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/12/2019 at 1:53 PM, msw2112 said:

Tyree would be a good QB3 for the Bills.  He's a developmental guy, has a similar build and skill set to Allen, and could develop behind Allen and Barkley.  It seems odd to have both Barkley and Anderson on the roster.  Anderson seems to be beyond his playing years, but has a good influence in the room.  Perhaps he makes it through most of training camp, collecting various bonuses, etc. to make it worth his while, then is "released" and becomes an assistant QB coach/analyst, working with Daboll and Dorsey.  That would leave room for a younger developmental guy like Tyree to hold down the QB3 spot behind Allen and Barkley.  The other angle would be to keep the 2 veterans and try to stash a developmental guy on the Practice Squad.  Obviously, you run the risk of losing the player to another team's active roster if you go that route.

As long as he is released (retired) after week 1 he will get full pay and year of service and Bills will keep his rights but if he became a coach another team might object stating the Bills are stashing player on coaching staff.  Teams used to do that before rules added.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Tyree worked out for bills (Edit: SIGNED as UDFA)